GPU Fan Curves

Lets see them curves Sup Forumsentoomen

Here's mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1110695/cpu-fan-3-pin-plugged-into-4-pin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

what happens when you hover around 59-60 degrees? Does your fan repeatedly start and stop?

This is why I always keep a very low RPM speed when idle.

Does this curve actually have any relationship your card's actual performance? I mean, under Furmark my 7870 on default curve hits 65C at 47%. So I could get better acoustics by delaying the ramp-up, since mid 70's are fine. It could probably maintain 75C at 40%.
You have it jacking right up to 50% at 60C. Would your card normally even reach 50% under normal load? There's no point in making it loud just to keep temps artificially low. (you could set it to 100% at 50C and it may never break 55, but you probably wouldn't want to live with it that way.)

My 980 rarely goes above 65C even when overclocking,

It only affects purrfurmance if you video card downclocks itself at high temperatures.

Whatever lowest my h60 usually runs at

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Why begin your fans at 60 degrees? Why not move your 0%/60degrees mark to 10%/10 degrees and let it slope up from there? I don't understand the point of 0% fan speed.

I was talking about acoustic and thermal performance. We don't just run with our cards at 100% because it sounds like a hair dryer. Under Furmark my 7870 will run at 58C under 100% fan. Why would I run it at 100% fan when it can maintain 65% with only 47% and a light whir?

This is an EVGA ACX 970 3.5, by the way Sup Forumsents.

*maintain 65C

r9 fury nitro oc

I'd throw it up to 100% at 100C for safety. So if it overheats for some reason it will both respond and you'll know.

>using afterburner in windows 10
enjoy your downclocked gpu

the fan will actually forcibly go to 100% if the temperatures are super high

t. accidentally left it on a locked 20% when playing crysis

I've tweaked my fan speeds quite a bit until I settled on this configuration. My card is an EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked. My idle temp is usually around 21 to 24 degrees. I keep my fans spinning at 10% for idle temps. While gaming, it depends on the game but I will see temps of anywhere from 35 to 65 degrees. I found that sloping between the lowest gaming temp and the highest gaming temp gives me the best results, meaning, I saw improved lower temps and lower high temps with this configuration as compared to any stepped-tier configuration.

Cool. Good to know it's smart.
Might still behoove you to let it rise before it hits emergency cooling.

Forgot pic, of course.

Always at 20% liquid cooled.

You know it's ok to let your card get warm, right? The fan's cooling is more efficient the hotter the chip gets, and the chip is quite happy in the upper 60's, so there's no reason to have it already at 60% at 48C. The cooler isn't even designed to be able to keep temps that low.
Like I said, my 7870 will hit 58C in Furmark at 100%. That's its max cooling capacity under load, so trying to keep it cooler than that is folly. Let it get up to higher temps where it can cool while still being quiet.

What software is this?

Do you not understand why you'd want a quiet computer?

I'd rather my stuff was cool rather than silent.

When I was playing with it I set all the parameters to be well within tolerability, basically it doesn't go above 81deg/c while still maintaining a fan speed close to inaudible. If the shit breaks I can dump some money for another card and I use Intel so I have integrated trash until I can fix and replace it.

Anyways, I'm curious does anyone know of a program that tests both GPU and CPU at the same time, I've been using Furmark and Prime95 or OCCD. I really like OCCD since it can graph results but the unfortunate part is you're stuck with either GPU or CPU which isn't really a realistic test.

EVGA Precision X, it's hot trash, please avoid.

>70% at idle
Jesus Christ

You can't be serious with that curve

I prefer a consistent hum over a constantly varying one. I can completely tone it out if it's constant, so no problems here.

>download msi afterburner
>,zip
>open and unzip folder
>inside is a .rar

Your fan should only turn on when you're doing something graphically intensive. What's the point of 70% at Idle???

7870 that was a slight whir at 65C?
Now pretty much silent at 72.

And of course I dial all of this in right before picking up a GTX 970 on Monday.

But it will vary since you have it set to ramp up at 30 fucking degrees. Your fan can't keep it at 30 degrees at load at even 100% speed. You'll be ramping up to 80 or 90% to keep it in the mid to high 50's.

If you don't want it constantly varying while you game, try this: Run Furmark with the default fan profile. Note the max fan speed. Now set your curve to go from 20% to that fan speed at maybe 15 degrees above idle, and then set it flat for the next 30C or so.

So basically set it to be at something like 50% fan from 45C to 80C. It won't be able to push it under 45C at 50% so as long as you're gaming it will sit there.

I discovered last week that when I chose my build in 2012 I picked a 3pin fan. It only runs at 100%. I've been wondering why it's so loud, and now I finally know.

You picked a fan for your GPU?

I thought this thread was about cpu fans

I live in the tropics

(..) True users use fixed, not curve (..)

Check your BIOS. 3 pin might be able to be controlled.

overclock.net/t/1110695/cpu-fan-3-pin-plugged-into-4-pin

>100%
Mine isn't set to ramp until the mid 50's.
It doesn't go above the mid 50's.

Chassis fans ramp though. I'm not sure I can change that.

You should be able to in the BIOS relatively easily, but maybe I'm wrong.

Doesn't have great options, but I got it down by increasing the max CPU temp from 70 to 75 and decreasing the max duty cycle from 100 to 80.
This thing has enough airflow with two 140's that I probably could've just set it to the minimum. The undervolted 4670k doesn't put out anything, and a 7870 isn't exactly a beast either. The six drives don't add much either. But I like a safety margin.

bump

90c is where i would set it to a hard 100% no matter what, but on my old gpu I had it go to 100% by 75c, I don't care about noise, I just want to make sure the card isn't going to get fucked by anything.

>90c is where i would set it to a hard 100% no matter what
Exactly what I did

100% all time.

Personally, If I had to remove a fan shroud from my gpu, I would replace it with 2 massive noctua fans and just let them go 100% all the time just because I know they can take it, they are silent, and I don't have to worry about it.

0% RPM is a meme, there's no way 20% of a new GPU cooler could be louder than other components in the build
The stock fan control of MSIs 480 was abysmal