Now that the dust has settled... is it a meme or is it good? Did intelfags get BTFO?

Now that the dust has settled... is it a meme or is it good? Did intelfags get BTFO?

Other urls found in this thread:

agner.org/optimize/blog/
youtube.com/watch?v=NuZkTVTBZAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go with whatever you think is best, don't go off of the biast fags that will turn this thread into a benchmark cherrypicking thread.

intel got BTFO,they only have 7700k,everything else AMD,they dont even got the power efficiency

the 1600 pretty much killed the i5 and the 1700 made the entirebroadwell-e obsolete..... so no it wasnt a meme and is forcing intel to get off their asses and actually do something

that being said a month from now if skylake-x has a $500 8 core and blows ryzens doors off....

>that being said a month from now if skylake-x has a $500 8 core and blows ryzens doors off....
the only thing it'll blow is the VRMs from the power draw when people overclock it.

Still too many problems and motherboards are shit.

>Skylake-X blows

You got one thing right.

Well the 1600 model made the i5 obsoleted.

>Now that the dust has settled

The dust will never settle user, enough of your memetastic bait threads,

Wow.
I'm almost in tears here

yup

The chip is bretty good. Mobo manufacturers have yet to get their shit together with firmware.

>having the same process for 3 years is a selling point
>intlel

How is it not?

The only thing ayyymd killed, was the notion that anything but subhumans buy their products.

POOTEL STUTTERING HOUSEFIRES

Just wait for Kaby Lake-X !!

they also killed the i5's. Pardon me while I go render videos and play Doom.

At ryzens absolute worst, it gives intel solid competition, at ryzens absolute best, it kicks intel while they are down till intel starts pissing blood, then keeps kicking to see if they can get the color to change again.

on average, the 6 and 8 core skus are above intel's i5 solidly, and compete with the i7 on average with games, programs un optimized they perform at least i5 level, and programs promised they perform around core parity with intel.

unicorn 'we will take and use everything you got' applications put it above their core count sometimes overtaking a sku 2 cores ahead.

Its not a meme
It's good
Intel was not btfo

>Did intelfags get BTFO?
Pretty much, Only thing Intel CPUs are good at is playing CPU bottlenecked Games because of Ryzens slower single core IPC, but if you are not playing CPU bottlenecked games, then there is literally no difference.

I love mine. 8 cores is banana pants

I don't think you know what IPC means

i like my 1800x. upgraded from a 3570k.

NO BUY INTEL

>they only have 7700k
Only worth it if you really need the extra single core performance or game at 1080p 144hz. Even then, it's more expensive and you will prob. need to delid and watercool if you want to go over 4.8 GHz. And you can forget about upgrades, too.

Well, there were only 2 CPUs worth buying in intel lineup -- Pentium and 7700k, that hasn't changed.

>7700k
>worth buying
only if you ONLY play ubishit games exclusively on that 240hz anus meme monitor and live anywhere where winter lasts half the year

if you dont fall into all of these categories then the 7700k is worthless

Just hook it up to a Mora3 radiator with 8x180mm fans in push/pull

That thing can cool 2 cpus + 4 gpus 24/7

>Fade to Black

You're a pretty cool guy user.

>kabylake is a nuclear inferno

Fun times.

>3.86Ghz
>1.395V
>56°C

breey gud, senpai. air or watercooled?

Ryzen doesn't have lower ipc it has a slower clock rate. Ghz to ghz it shits all over intel's current generation.

Depends on the workload.

>better test my delid, watercooled 5.2Ghz 7700k
>vs amd R7 1700 + 2133Mhz RAM + stock fan

why do you want a clock for clock test? are your anti-semitic or something?

ebin :DDDDD

Put moar ringbuses. :-------D

BAD GOY

>bought a 6600K 9 months ago because i didn't want to wait for Ryzen anymore
i feel so fucking stupid
maybe i'll consider selling the motherboard and cpu to get a R5 1600

>buying corelet turd when everyone on Sup Forums Just Waited for Ryzen
Why.

i'd wait for Zen+
your 6600k will run 'fine' for a year. Or upgrade now, get a quality AM4 board and stay on this plattfor for Zen+/++/+++ until 7nm, it's a pretty nice move from AMD to stay on this socket for their next Zen revision.

You have literally no reason to upgrade for 2 or 3 years or more. Don't be an autist.

Air. Silver Arrow to be precise.

Can't wait for Agner's analysis given the hint he dropped.

Instructions Per Clock

It's only part of the equation for speed

>hint
he outright said the ryzen's ipc is higher than any other intel cpu.

by Intels recent actions you can tell Keller has wrecked their ship.

MOAR GIGAHURTZ
MOAR COARZ

MOAR RING-BUSES

200mhz more

meme that i fell to

So why is being btfo by intel?

>compiled with (((ICC))) or (((Visual C Compiler)))

ask Agner

This is the most truth.

Even before Ryzen, people that bought i5s were morons and cucks. They were garbage and not worth the money.
With Ryzen, there happens to be actual viable products for a $600-$1000 build, when before you either got a Pentium if your budget was

can i get a /quickrundown/ on this guy?

Delete this, goy

agner.org/optimize/blog/

Dude knows his shit - he pointed out that starcraft is actively gimping AMD's chips due to ICC.

link?

t. bulldozer owner

Speaking of Starcraft 2, how's the ryzen performance? I thought about upgrading from a phenom ll but if it's still gimped in favour of intel I might aswell get a pentium.

This is true, the only reason Ryzen doesn't destroy Intel evrywhere is clockspeed.

It's good, but not that good. Maybe it will be more viable to upgrade to 2600K and overclock it, rather than change a platform for R5 1600.

>goyim didn't change the socket a year

WHY ARE YOU SO ANTI-SEMITIC? ((((((WE)))))) HAPPY MERCHANTS NEED MONEY TOO

DONT FORGET THE 6 BILLION, GOYIM

>t.
>I
>I3
>I
>L

Raja/Pajeet can't design for high clocks

>t. delidlake mustardrace user

LONGER BIPELINE

Pentium 4 owner spotted. How is the single socket holocaust going for ya?

>NEEDING water cooling for a cpus
now where have i heard that before

To be honest I'd rather go for a 1700X than the 7700k, pretty good for smooth gayming plus incredible multithreaded performance, no delidding bullshit, no corelet poorfaggotry, it's nice

because hes underage

who cares about that gookgame?

>muh clockspeeds

DELID DIS

Some Piledriver cpus can clock to 5400-5500mhz with water

50 % more cores, threads, L3 cache > 15% more clock speed. When you take into account future hyperthreading apps being better than today, quad core meme progressively get destroyed. Thus intel hurrying to release 6-12 core lineups half a year ahead of schedule

Could you put two San Ace fans on it for benching? For science please.

youtube.com/watch?v=NuZkTVTBZAg

The 9590 can be air cooled if you have a motherboard capable of handling the voltage (like the crosshair or sabertooth). Admittedly you need basically the best air coolers going, but it can be done.

dis. anyone who still thinks quad cores are worth getting for the coming 3 years is deluded

maybe he will

Now I do actually own a 4000rpm delta fan and a san ace of similar power but i'm not going to bolt them to my 1700 as it is a colossal waste of time. I did however bolt them to a 4.7ghz 8320e and at full tilted on the silver arrow (admittedly the middle fan is the TY-140 whatever the silver arrow ships with) and it dropped load temps by a whopping 15c when running IBT. Downside is my motherboard was not built for the power draw and couldn't be pushed any further.

The delta fan I have (I forget the exact model number) was so loud even inside a define R4 it could be heard in the next room through a solid brick wall.

CORELET! CORELET!

Remember those 4.8 GHz Nehalem i7s? Yeah, me neither.

It's a new arch on a relatively new node, it's no surprise it can't reach insanely high clocks like Skylake, which is at least 8-9 years old (if you consider the Core i series) or 18 years old (if you consider P3, which from it's essentialy refined).

PWM them to 5-15% or reduce to 5v?

I couldn't get the pwm working even when double checking my wiring. Still I only used them for science! rather than use them 24/7. Even if I do bolt them to my 1700 it is unlikely to make a difference as i'm struggling to get anything over 3.9ghz right now. I suspect my chip needs obscene voltage to hit 4ghz (over 1.45v before LLC) and the temperature rockets at that point. Given that is a lot of extra stress on the board and chip for 100mhz it isn't worth it.

I'd probably see a bigger performance gain getting my ram upto its rated 3200mhz at this point.

It just needed to launch with better RAM support and more motherboards

Just like X99.

But unlike X99 it's 8 core only costs $329 and comes with a stock cooler

Ryzen was pretty tame as far as new architecture launches go. There's always going to be some issues that need to be sorted out. They're largely taken care of now, though.

>ryzen 1700 oc degraded in 5 days

Kek

>msi

My R7 1700 has been holding at 1.4V no problem, and my board is shit

why did I laugh so hard at this

I bought an i5-7600k. I thought the buyers remorse would set in, but to be honest, I haven't had any. I was upgrading from the FX6300 at the time, and it was only Ryzen7 at the time. I could either spend $100 more for the R7 or go with an intel setup with 16GB ram instead of 8. Now that R5 is out I kinda wish i had one of those but oh well, the 7600k has been buttery smooth

The 1600x is decent and I would reccomend it over an intel i5.

The intel's I7's still trash the rest of the line-up when it comes to gaming though, save for a few outliers.

If I am still on Broadwell is it worth upgrading?
Can get a Intel Xeon E5 2698 V4 2Ghz 20 Core CPU for about $700, the cost of a Ryzen upgrade.

I know AMD will use less power than a 135w CPU but which would be faster for ray tracing?

>1600x
>not 1600

So I've got a i7-4790K which is still somewhat chugging along. Do I upgrade to a i7-7700K or a R7 1700X? What about the 1800X?

you serious ? shit is brandnew.

you and your just wait mentality. i see you in every cpu thread.