ITT: Build your perfect phone

ITT: Build your perfect phone

mine is a Xperia Z5 but no bezels, add capacitative keys, add front facing stereo speakers, 5", 4000mah battery, stock Android with some preinstalled apps (like Motorola and Nokia phones), a shitty camera because I don't care about that and your average 2017 flagship SoC and Ram

>tfw Xperia phones are the only worthwhile phones with the fingerprint scanner on the side

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/19/15359702/moto-keyboard-mod-indiegogo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want a 4.5" phone with decent specs.

I'm not greedy.

Blackberry Q10 with Blackberry 10 OS, modern high end specs, and a good camera

This with
>4 row keyboard
>trackball
>USB 3 micro B
>microHDMI
>headphone jack on bottom
>1280x1280 AMOLED screen
>Bluetooth 5
>AC Wi-Fi

I want an X Compact without a curved screen and a metal backplate with higher power audio output and a custom stock ROM that doesn't fuck with the bootloader so the camera still functions as intended. Also marshmallow without the audio output lottery.

And a removable battery

I want the iPhone SE, except running stable stock Android.

$549

>4000 Mah
>average SoC and RAM
>modern high end specs
>1280x1280 screen
Are you autistic or just lacking vision?
My perfect phone is infinitely fast, has an infinitely sharp screen, lasts forever, has all features and shapeshifts exactly how is most most convenient to me.

I'm aware and entirely uninterested.

No, I'm keeping it practical with current technology. Where's the fun in saying I want infinite everything? Besides, the Passport's already overpowered for my uses, I couldn't give less of a shit that its SoC is only a few years old nor that it only has 3GiB RAM.

Isn't a Z2 sufficient for everything? Like the evolution of ascension?

Mine only survived one year, so I'm using my K800i again. This thing is indestructable. Even two times in rain with whitescreens didn't stop it. It doesn't need IP certification unlike the Z2.

I wish to get another Z2 but I'll wait until I get one for 50 €. These aren't more than overpowered MP3 players / cameras.I only need something that can play music and won't need four seconds to open a title or 12h to write the full M2 8 GB card.

Could need a 1080p screen but I like tihs design. A physical keyboard could come handy in some times.

It's already got a 1440x1440 screen, 1080x1080 would be a downgrade. I went for 1280x1280 because it's got enough horizontal pixels for HD playback.

Looks and size of an LG Nexus 4
Opens up like a Nokia N97
Hardware and price of a Oneplus One

1080p = 1920x1080

>Yotaphone 2
>Slightly bigger battery
>Up to date CPU and other specs
>Proper frequent android updates
Basically what it would be if it wasn't a few years old.

>infinitely fast
>boot it up
>universe collapses

For one booting would be instant and opening apps would he instant, and no it's not already instant, and you would surely notice the difference. It's overpowered for achieving your basic use but it's far from achieving perfect potential use.

1920x1080 ≠ 1:1

Considering I can't tell you the last time I rebooted my phone and rarely use apps, again, I couldn't care less.

>rarely using apps as justification for using a relatively bad phone as perfect phone
Seems kind of shill tier

It's my perfect phone, I never said it suited your uses.

In any case the same phone with a superior processor would be better than your perfect phone for you, objectively.

So no, it's not your perfect phone. You might think that but are clearly wrong.

The current processor's already overkill, no need adding an even more powerful one. Go be autistic somewhere else.

Yeah, it just seems odd to come by a "how restrained is your definition of perfect?" thread

The Apple iPhone 8 Plus.

It's perfect for my uses, there is literally no need for this phone to have an even more powerful processor. Again, this is my perfect phone, not yours. You're free to pretend your phone's a super computer, I just use mine for texting, email, and as a hotspot. More power would be nothing but a waste.

I always forget about the Yotaphone 2, still considering getting one

Xperia Arc Design
Aluminium Unibody
5.5 inch 1080p screen
2gb of ram
Mid-High end processor
Capacitive Buttons

It's around the same price as some of the other higher end chink phones and has the advantage the e-ink screen and pretty solid construction. The downsides are pretty obvious - you won't get the latest android, it's not as powerful as the latest memephones though it's still pretty good, and storage is limited to 32GB unless you use otg somehow. The battery's also on the smaller side but that's offset by the e-ink if you use it well, but obviously it won't work for videos and such, though the amoled screen is nice for that and the battery life is still adequate.

I guess it just comes down to whether you can make good use of the e-ink screen - I don't read with it as much as I told myself I would, but I still get good use out of it. If you tend to use your phone for vidya and shit like that then it's not so suitable though.

The AUX is trash tier to be honest.
Otherwise its a good phone for its price.

>Z5c form factor and size
>1080x1920 screen
>usb-c
>quick charging
>sufficient battery
>capacitive buttons

modern n900

The LG VX9900 "Env" (Envy)

Update it to reflect modern specs, screen size, etc. and it will be literally the perfect phone.

Runner up is the Env Touch with modern specs though.

Oneplus X, with updated hardware, and a fingerprint scanner

>1280x720
>4.6"
>4500+ mAh batter
>audio jack
>no front facing camera
>16-32gb internal storage
>sd card and dual sim
>mid-high end processor
>2-3gb ram
>physical keyboard (slide out or fold out)
>aluminium or glass body
>xperia series side charging port

I still use it, last official update is marshmallow.
Right now you can get one very cheap 150€ brand new.
My biggest cons is the battery life, is very bad for today standards, sure you can use the eink every time, but is not very practical, the refresh rate is slow, I use it mostly to have dank wallpapers read notifications at a glance, use the phone on direct sunlight and read some ebooks.

My perfect phone would be a completely bezeless Yotaphone with color e-ink.

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/19/15359702/moto-keyboard-mod-indiegogo

this but
>not by apple
>android 6 or 7
>nokia 6 style stero speakers
>better display

This or a modern G1.
The softtouch material on the G1 coupled with the physical keyboard, trackball (not a trackpad), and that little curve at the bottom, all appeal to me. If they made the exact same thing with modern components I'd be set, the only things I could think of for improvements are adding a front camera, changing the size, and maybe just changing the face buttons from circles to squares for my particular aesthetic preference.

Both the n900 and the G1 seem like high tier apex phones.

I bet you could get this from China, they're all about iPhone-like phones.

>5"
>1080p
>Only physical buttons are unlock and volume buttons on right border
>No front camera
>No fingerprint scanner
>3GB RAM
>Biggest possible battery, doesn't matter if it makes phone thicker
>Most efficient SoC possible
>Best possible camera, even if it means a bulging lens
>Carbon fiber body
>Waterproof
>Slim bezels all around (not bezel-less, no huge chin and forehead)
>Stock Android
>mSD slot

Android 7
32GB internal storage so I won't have to micromanage caches every time I want to update something
5.5" screen (1080p)
MicroSD slot (with exFAT aupport)
Removable battery
Decent camera

Moto G5 Plus with software back and recents buttons like the older Galaxy phones and smaller bezels with a larger display.

it's like the pursuit of finding this perfect magical girl that does it all, but you end finding the girl that meets your needs, and that's perfect.

8" phone
16:10 ratio
1080p
3 or 4 gb ram
thin bezels
approx. 6000mAh
13 megapickles rear decent cam

The phone will onnnly have the following things and no more

>4" 5:3 2000x1200 LED screen
>small bezels
>OS with sailfish-like UI
>bluetooth
>cell with hardware switch
>decent battery
>only rear cam with flash with hardware switch
>wireless capabilities with hardware switch
>choice between usb3 and usb-c
>decent dual core cpu with native 10-bit H.265 decoding
>decent graphics
>non-shit design that doesn't overheat
>one speaker at the back of the phone
>one headphone jack
>manual hardware switch for mundane shit, the kind they have on an iphone
>non-smooth design, I want it to be a fucking cold chunk of metal
>not light but not intimidatingly heavy, only impressively so.
>no capacitive buttons

Except that's satisfaction, not perfection.

>M8 visuals
>wireless charging
>3500mAh battery
>actually good camera

That would be good enough for me.

modernise the shit out of the blackberry bold 9000 and xperia play

No, it's perfection

Being satisfied with a product of which a superior alternative exists is per definition not perfection.

Being just right is perfection. If it's overkill, it's not perfect.

Hisense A2 is a similar pone launched this year. Also my end of year Yotaphone 3 arrives

By*

>perfect phone
2000 mah waterproof/shockproof/freezeproof flip-phone with removable satellite antenna. no camera, no fingerprint sensor and no fucking Google products

>wanting capacitive keys instead of god tier software keys
Lol.

>alternative superior processor with better performance and battery life
>No! That's overkill!

Yeah no

Basically a BlackBerry Passport with an unlockable bootloader and Lineage OS support. My dream could one day come true.

>better performance that I don't need
>battery life is already a few days and takes mere seconds to get back to 100%
Yeah, it's overkill

actually, fuck it. probably better to just carry a sat-phone in my /out/mobile and keep the flip-phone as edc

Still rocking a passport in 2017. Still the most cozy smartphone.

Just got mine 6 months ago, I love it. If the Q10 had the keyboard trackpad I never would've switch though

You don't need more than 64kbit Internet to do anything you want either, but gigabit would be better, infinite speed would be perfect. You're confusion definitions beyond sense.

Nexus 5X with 4,000 mAh battery

5.5", minimum bezels, 1080p OLED screen, midrange CPU, plenty of RAM, micro-SD slot, replaceable battery, basic camera, sturdy, build, vanilla android, no fingerprint sensor or NFC module because fuck that shit

>Bezelless 7" LTE tablet
>1080p RGBW AMOLED display
>Celeron N3350
>4-8GB LPDDR4
>Lytro-style camera as the bottom bezel so you take pictures holding it horizontally instead of holding your tablet up vertically like a retard

No, I certainly do. I don't need more than my Passport's processor though.

Modern Nokia E7
>blackberry designed and perfected priv-type keyboard, with some lateral spacing
>keyboard keys material options: slick, clear plastic, or thinkpad soft-touch coated plastic
>ultra thin bezel 5.2" screen portion
>swappable color e-ink and OLED screen assemblies
>dedicated camera button/switch(flip switch for instant camera override, depress switch for shutter)
>usb-c, 3.5mm jack, qi fast charging, a godamn lanyard hole, no capacitive "button" bullshit its either a physical interface or touchscreen
>heavy-duty customizable backplate, reminiscent of a ZuneHD, to access and change the battery, and serve as protective case mounting point
>latest hexacore processor, 6gb RAM, latest bluetooth, stereo speakers, full IP68, RAIDable dual micro sdhxxxc, dual Sim
>would a go pro camera sensor fit in a phone?
I'd have to say fill it with slightly less than flagship internals, and dual boot Sailfish OS and stock android
aluminum/magnesium alloy or polycarbonate housing

Using the body of the Moto X pure, with a few changes.
>Snapdragon 625 (for ebin battery life)
>3200+ mAh battery
>5.5in screen
>1080 x 1920 resolution
>4 gigabytes memory
>back dimple is a fingerprint scanner
>AMOLED screen
>Leave everything else the same

I honestly believe that this shouldn't be too difficult to manufacture, but it would make for a god tier phone.

The Nexus 6 with updated specs and reasonable price and drastically better camera.