If you had a literally infinite amount of money, what kind of computer would you buy?

If you had a literally infinite amount of money, what kind of computer would you buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcpowerplay.com.au/showthread.php/88057-How-does-PCPP-s-Beast-of-September-2002-hold-up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>$48k
>case has fucking wheels on it

What a joke.

I want to see someone benchmark this.

two socket AMD Naples (32 core each) with maxed ram and NVMe SSDs. three 4k monitors.
No need for all that bullshit.

More storage because I'm not a gaymer faggot

>If you had a literally infinite amount of money, what kind of computer would you buy?
Probably the kind of computer you cannot buy from any online store, because with an infinite amount of money why limit yourself?

A computer that is also a 60 story condo tower in the Bay Area.

I'd make it myself you faggot.

>what kind of computer would you buy?
I'd drop computers at all.

capitalist pig

this

If you spent ~$50K on a computer, would you trust yourself carrying it, or would you carefully wheel it around everywhere?

That's what I thought.

>512GB of RAM

For what purpose?

i won 20,000 dollars back in 2002 and instantly went out and bought this absolute fucking BEAST

Pentium 4 'Golden Sample' 2.53Ghz $1700
ASUS P4T533-C (intel 850e) Mobo $400
2GB RD-RAM 1066MHz $2,500
Swiftech H202-C Water Cooling Kit $450
Topower 520w PSU $369
ASUS V8460 Ultra GPU $890
Creative Audigy Platinum XP $599
BA Digital Theatre 6000 $1499
Sony MDR-F1 Headphones $649
APC Black UPS ES 350 $262
Mitsubishi Diamond Data 48x40x12 $540
Pioneer DVR-A04PRO DVD writer $1799
Seagate Cheetah 73LP 73GB HDD $1980
Panasonic 3.5" Floppy $25
Adaptec 29160 SCSI $529
Diamondtron 2060u 22" Monitor $2099
Lian Li PC-71 ATX Aluminium Case $396
Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical keyboard $250
Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical $99
Thrustmaster H.O.T.A.S Cougar Flight $600
Logitech Momo Force steering wheel $499

Total cost : $18,135

I would hire engineers to get companies up and running to design and produce a motherboard, cpu, ram, ssd, etc. without botnet.

Best intel CPU
2x Titan XP's with custom cooling (got to be quiet)
Biggest PCIe SSD there is
2x 4k monitors

If it includes a NAS, A 12 bay Synology with 10tb drives.
And throw in a dedicated fiber 1000/1000 internet connection.

a mac

I already have a "dream" machine with quad sli 1080, so idk, maybe one of those new x1 thinkpads.

Gaming

Most of my builds have been $1000-2500

at most, I would spend $4000-5000 on an all-frills pc.

you do not want BLEEDING EDGE, BRAND NEW, $1000 a piece parts

even with infinite money I would still want parts from that are common enough to have been highly reviewed and mass tested in the real world by real consumers.

if you buy bleeding edge you end up screwed, waiting for new drivers and optimization patches more often.

Funny how a DVD burner 15 years ago could build a powerful computer today.

1080 doesn't support quad sli you fucking idiot

Hope you made your money back selling pirated DVDs.

It's not officially supported, but it works. All it takes is enabling 3dmark sli profile in nvidia inspector, and there quad sli working just fine in most titles.

2x 512GB of RAM.

no i won the money it was fuckin free as far as im concerned. i burned games though that was fuckin great 8-)

MacBook Air

>literally infinite
Why did you have to use that word...
If you had LITERALLY infinite anything with a mass you would have something with infinite mass. It wouldn't help if it's money, you would just kill everything.

so...uh... how did you pay the taxes on your winnings if you spent the whole damn thing on a computer? you had to owe atleast $5k

>literally infinite money
I would build a quantum supercomputer or whateverthefuck the government isn't telling us about yet and research climate change. wtf is wrong with you people that you'd build a personal computer.

>implying """money""" has mass

>ONE TERABYTE OF RAM

Again, why?

>money has mass
It's like I'm back in 1971 again

Not every country is the USA.

i dont live in america

If you had invested that in a stock fund in 2002, you'd have around $65k - 95k now, depending on what month.

>becomes outdated two years later

I'd buy many powerful PCs for VMs, fuzz testing and other stuff

you dont have taxes in your country??? where is this, papua new guinea???

i'd buy a gf

>see someones case on wheels
>kick it

No, people have taxes. But America is virtually the only country where you're taxed on money you win.

Workstations sometimes need shitloads of RAM for things.
Massive 3D CAD work maybe.

>Pioneer DVR-A04PRO DVD writer $1799

that was a good price you fuckhead it was going for 1900-2000 mostly in my cunt at the time

probably 3 of whatever currently is on top of the top 500 supercomputers list

You had a cunt full of DVD writers?

cunt = country

im not a Sup Forums native sry

and are you in LONDON?

is this shit actually good for gaymen if you put win10 on it?

No?

Unless that's a reference I'm not getting.

Win10 takes 500GB of RAM, so you're only left with 500GB for gaming.

So you can't play Bethesda shit, but other than that you should be fine.

WELL THAT WAS A SOUND FINANCIAL DECISION

That's quite the CP downloading machine. Just think, if you had just put that money in Apple stock and didn't touch it you would have about $4 million now.

Technically no, since workstation graphics cards have abysmal performance in games.

oh come on i hear this fucking bullshit all the fucking time who the fuck is going to invest into those disgusting coloured jellybean desktop pcs? t hey looked like an absolute fuckin joke. so did the shitty laptops too. the fuckin desktop tower jellybean pro thing or whatever looked like trash also.

>not understand Sup Forums lingo

no dream machine can make up the content dilemma we have right now

This guy is right.
You have to be somewhat realistic, man.
In 2002 Apple was a terrible investment. Apple had no real products other than the Mac, and the Mac was largely seen as a niche platform for artists.
The company didn't really have a direction or future. Their stock was largely stagnant until 2006, when the iPod started picking up steam. 2008 - onward is when they really moved, largely because they had a novel product - the iPhone.

Basically, everyone stop with the "oh hurr if I had just invested in 1995 I would be a gorillionare now." You would never have invested in apple then, and you would have dropped it multiple times before it got to the big 2011-12 peaks.

Surface pro or top tier macbook

I move around a lot and i don't game seeing as o am over the age of 11.

and to think that today it's a complete piece of shit

i know u stupid mutt thats why i said i hear this fucking bullshit all the time and asked who the fuck would invest into those disgusting jelly beans?

no shit sherlock its obsolete...

That was directed at the guy you were replying to, sorry if it wasn't very clear m8.

If I had infinite money I could not buy a computer with it because my money's value would have dropped infinitely.

no im sorry it was clearly my bad at this point take this rare gif in apology (dont spread it around i want it to remain semi-rare)

Really all the evidence you need to show that "futureproofing" is a meme.

Wow thanks that's pretty good.

N A P L E S
A
P
L
E
S

>60 story
>Bay Area

I'd pay for a custom computer with custom hardware and custom software and pay people to operate the computer for me

Not unlimited, but i earn a relatively good amount of money, yet im OK with a mid-tier PC.
They run much cooler, are quieter, uses much less power while being able to do pretty much the same than on a high tier PC, except for gaymes (and considering the only game i play regularly is AoE II then im all set)

I would buy food and write programs which I find good. There are so many powerful PC yet limited by software.

>bombing 20k on depreciating assets
Smart

Noice repost, faggot

forums.pcpowerplay.com.au/showthread.php/88057-How-does-PCPP-s-Beast-of-September-2002-hold-up

A simple laptop, I'm already rich so why should I give a fuck?

fufck you i never read that bullshit.,

A rack full of IBM POWER
A rack full of flash storage
A tape library

this only makes sense if you have a highly parallel workload that can use all the cores (e.g. rendering, VMs). but why would you need that for home use? single thread performance will probably be worse than your $1k PC.

Right now? Ryzen 1800X and dual 1080Tis with a custom water loop in either an EVOLV ATX or an Enthoo Primo.

I would rather wait for dual Vega though.

One that would accomplish whatever I needed it to.

With unlimited money, I'd be too busy running the world to be bothered with speccing out computers.

You have a infinite amount of money

>i7 7700k
>32gb RAM
>1TB m.2 boot drive
>8-10TB HDD
>dual 1080ti
>custom water loop for cpu and 1080ti's

That about sums it up. Could go way more crazy but by the time shit like 64gb RAM would be useful I'd be building a new PC with my infinite money

Current computer stuck in a chest freezer and some really long cables.

If i had infinite money id never touch a computer again in my life

An IBM zEnterprise EC12
>101 5.5GHz hexa-core processors
>3040GB RAM

>craigslist chest freezer: $150
>50' HDMI: $20
>50' USB: $15
>condensation on components: priceless

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

You'd put dry Ice and a vent hole at the top so that the air is displaced first, before turning it all on.

MacBook

I'd just buy a bunch of SSD storage. My computer is fast enough for me.

this

Wouldn't that include all the oxygen, thus asphyxiating your computer in the process?

>Ubuntu

>$8000 GPU
>$1000 per RAM stick
Holy fuck. I've been living so small. At last I truly see. This is the real PCMR.

>infinite money
Time machine to go back in time and kill Hitler with, obviously. Not even to save Jews or prevent WW2 though, just because it's the thing to do when you have a time machine.

One of those trashcan mac's, to trow off a tall building on to top of the first Iphone user I see.

>the thing to do when you have a time machine
>not giving your past self tips on Super Bowl and World Series bets

wew someone's angery

Why doesn't anyone do vidya benchmarks with that $8000 gpu?

>no bluray
>only 1 disk drive

One with a copy of Windows the NSA doesn't have a backdoor to

ellipse