Can a pocket Projector replace a TV?

Can a pocket Projector replace a TV?

I'm trying to reduce the amount of space I take up in my dorm down to one foot locker and need something for light Twitch/Youtube watching and to play my PS4 on occasion. Obviously I'm not getting anything 4K but I can deal with 1080 or even 720.

Yeah, but the picture will look shittier than any real display. Probably not unusably so, but still worse.

I hope you plan on getting blackout curtains and some duct tape otherwise it's going to be washed out to shit.

So like, I'm better off with a normal sized projector, or just bring along a TV?

Just buy a TV from someone graduating.

Oh yeah. I've got them already. The first thing I bought.

I'd love to get a real TV, but it is so small in here that it's a waste of space since I use it so little.

>blackout curtains
not op, but, r these a thing? can i get them cheap? r blwckout blinds morw cost effective than curtains?

They're curtains that have a thick layer of light blocking fabric behind them.

They're not actually special or anything, you can buy them at pretty much anywhere that sells curtains. They're about the same price, maybe slightly more expensive.

technically it can I guess, but the picture quality is pretty much guaranteed to be worse. I'd just bite the bullet and get a tv, or use a computer monitor or something

Also, where are you going to put the projector? Wall mount? If that's the case you might as well just wall mount the tv. Even if you arent allowed to, I probably would anyways and just pay the fine or putty up the holes myself after

Just tinfoil over the window.

Pocket projects generally cant even do 720p. Sure they'll accept that as an input but the LCDs in them arent that res.

Anything even remotely comparable to a tv is going to be like $600 at bare minimum, not worth man. I was trying to do the same just this year and it's really not worth it unless you're willing to spend

The idea is just set it on my camera's tripod or my desk and shine it on the wall and put it away when I am not using it.

I'm seeing that. I'm also seeing short throw projectors which I think might be better for me.

Microvision, pico projectors, everywhere

IDK if you really wanna go down this path, user.

W A L L M O U N T

A

L

L

M

O

U

N

T

When are picoprojectors going to break out of the impromptu lunchtime powerpoint meme and make something that puts a decent 40"-80" sized screen on a dorm wall

No, if you want to get laser projector you will get only 720p, softer quality image than TV and no backlight.

lack of backlight is the biggest problem, watching TV in daylight is not very comfortable with projectors.

Absolutely not.
>Pocket projector
You will be lucky to even get a regular projector thats 1024x768. No way in hell you'll get a pocket projector doing 1280x720. If you can expect to shell out 800 minimum.
>1080p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can replace you farther

When they stop outputting enough heat to power a steam dynamo

sony has a 720p pocket projector that's $400.

>Can a pocket Projector replace a TV?
No, even the best ones don't have usable brightness.

tvs always look better than a projector

$3000 lg 65" tv vs $3000 projector (+ seperate priced screen and curtains)

>showering.

just buy a small TV/monitor

>1 meal
>doesn't even get takeout or go to store

as someone eho lived this lifestyle (only a way worse cycle, sleeping at 8am-3pm) even i would shower once every week or two

You are an idiot and don't belong here

What do you need a TV for?

That's accurate. Living that life right now, I've got my body trained to eat a snack when I wake up around 2-3pm and I eat a full meal at around 12am-1am. I can't afford to go out anywhere, so mostly I eat slowcooker meals with cheap cuts of meat and lots of potatoes, carrots, whatever I can get cheap.

Takeout is for daddies money neets.

Try stretching your budget to something with higher lumens. Otherwise you'll probably end up disappointed.

Don't be a fag.

Get an EPSON projector.

A 720p one toes for about $300 and you can mount it on the ceiling and will look 1000 times better than any pocket projector.

I got a EPSON 2040 on sale at amazon for $400, best purchase I've ever made. Just get some blinds or do the good ol' poorfag college DIY and put some trashbags or blankets on the windows

I have an Epson 8350. Best investment for a projector I've ever made.

No, it'll look like shit.
A proper projector will look way better but you'll need it to be basically pitch-black for it look as good, lest it fade the picture out completely from a little bit of light.
Plus you'll not be able to run them as long as frequently because of noise/heat/bulb life

I just bought 2 panels of blackout curtains at Walmart and a cheap curtain rod all for 25 dollars