/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/hi-fi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ID on those headphones?

Sennheiser HD600.

thoughts? I'm thinking of saving up and getting a pair.

Don't.

Buying Beyers past 770/880/990 is retarded.

why? they seem to get pretty good reviews, not ear murder like the 990's

>squishy Luka
saved

I have a pair of ATHm50xs, should I light myself on fire and throw myself out of the building?

:^)

Stop posting sexy anime girls on Sup Forums dammit, you're making me want to fap.

Tube life is best life.

Eikon worth the extra over the Atticus?

No, you should light the building on fire and stay inside of the building.

Are you running out of anime to post, user? What the fuck are those headphones?

>tfw you listen to music in the nude
>mind expands
>all is well

They're Sennheiserâ„¢ HD600, baka.

Go buy them.

Inquiring again, since I posted near the end of the last thread.

I already got one answer, THANK YOU!.
The Superlux HD-681 EVO are semi-open, however. I'm looking for something closed.

They do sound nice, though. I've been looking at the HD-668B`s, which are the same price point, for [semi-]open headphones. But, that's a purchase for another time.

Right now, I'm looking to replace these very lackluster Sennheiser HD 201`s.

>When you find out s-m-h is filtered to baka

baka

662 EVO not 681 EVO

#
>You seem set in the "cheap is bad, more expensive is better" mentality.
Calm down Schill, there's no need for you to take my opinions on the Fulla 2 so personally.
Yes I have handled my friend's Fulla 2 though never bothered to try it out. The dial doesn't have enough resistance for me and the construction just didnt feel sturdy enough.
I'd rather not have the amp as a bottleneck and I dont want to bother wondering whether or not my headphone amp could drive any headphones I consider buyng.
You know I meant $250, why do you have to be a snarky and hostile individual, your attitude makes me unhappy user.
Suggesting Modi2U makes no sense as I never mentioned optical inputs. Sure Modi 2 offers no value over Fulla and vice versa. I have no need to put a fucking DAC on layaway. Why would I buy a Fulla 2 over a Modi 2 if I intend to pair it with a full sized amp? Can you really not conceive a single reason why someone would find a Modi 2 preferable over a Fulla 2 when stacked with a Magni in their setup?

#
I know what I want and need, I made it clear yet anons keep suggesting the Fulla 2 when I asked for anything but Fulla.

I don't even really need a DAC. All I was asking was if there were any good amps with a preamp other than the Modi 2 Uber. I understand why the Modi 2 itself is so heavily recommended for its value, but I don't know if the $50 price jump still puts the Modi 2 at a good value or if there are other competitive offerings.

Oh. My mistake. I either read it wrong, or the auto complete got the best of me. THANK YOU!, again.

No problem (:

You could buy a Vali, O2 amp, or like a little dot.

No one knows. Poorfags can only afford garbage from the late 80s like the HD 600s/650s, phones that used to be hi-fi but became outdated so prices were slashed and they were salvaged by plebs as "mid-fi" """cans""".

Maybe in 20 years you'll get an answer to your question. Until then delusional audiophools dodgy reviews and self testing is all you can hope for.

Currently trying out the sr850, but I feel awful, I probably won't be able to give a good review until tomorrow

So far they sound good, they fit good too, pretty comfy, but won't attempt to try them for a long period of time until tomorrow, feeling nauseous as fuck right now

>Anyways, you're in practically every thread spouting your garbage going uncorrected.

I know I said I wouldn't respond further, but do you mind telling me what garbage that I spout? I would really like to know :^)

>Are you the type that always wants the last response? Fight the urge and don't respond to my post, user-kun.
I knew it. Just lol.

That other user isn't me, but do tell what garbage I spout. Other than being a neutral-faggot I don't really spout misinformation like others.

Also these new slow captchas really fucking suck.

holy fuck

>That other user isn't me
Yep, yeah sure. Already spouting misinformation. I'm not gonna bother with you, you just make constant non-arguments.

So I'm a fat fuck that spreads misinformation and you can't even give an example of the shit that I post? Gotcha.

Kek. You can do better than that, silly user.

Anything better than meze 99 in the same category?

You're not gonna bait me into effort-posting again. Sorry, faggot.

Without a doubt.

should i do it?

You meant shitposting? Gotcha.

Even if our 'argument' was pointless you resorted to personal attacks which is a sign of weakness.

You did it first.
Just stop.

>effort-posting
>ever
Eh? What was that, user? I was distracted by the smell of shit.

Feel free to link the post because I didn't.

>N-n-no, good goy! Buy these mid-fi headphones instead!
Oh vey!

Not gonna waste my time. Triflin ass nigga.

>user can't spend 30 seconds to possible BTFO an user
Sad!

Looks like I win, kiddo.

>tries this hard to waste my time cause he knows mine is worth more than his
So petty.

We both know that all of us (literally everyone in this fucking thread) has nothing important to do.

Stay delusional.

>projecting this hard
See ya, loser.

>user is wasting his time trying to get the last reply
I'm always here, user :)

>mid-fi
People still use these meme descriptors that determines headphone quality by their price?

hi $10 walmart shitphones user

Kek. They're certainly not hi-fi.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys pretend to be retarded just to trigger me, or if you guys are actually retarded.

To find true retardation, you need only look inwards.

Are you saying HD 600s are hi-fi?

Hmmm...

Can you name 5 headphones in production that are more hi-fi*?

*Definition of hi-fi: en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/hi-fi

Here ya go buddy!

I got an iPhone 7 from work and want to go wireless anyways, but don't want to give up entirely on the option to go wired in case the batteries die, but don't want to spend more than $200 on headphones. What should I get?

>Can you really not conceive a single reason why someone would find a Modi 2 preferable over a Fulla 2 when stacked with a Magni in their setup?

Not that user but:
Since they're the same thing essentially, besides aesthetics no.

And if you don't like the knob or construction of the Fulla 2, why would you want any Schitt product?

>All I was asking was if there were any good amps with a preamp other than the Modi 2 Uber.

Modi is a DAC.

I'm not sure I can, considering you posted this monstrosity of a reply.

>shitpost responses

Looks like the HD600 is still the best, lads.

No man, you can just EQ those $10 walmart shitphones and they sound the same! But buy HD800s instead cause they're comfortable, even though they sound the same as $10 walmart shitphones!

>user said, after posting
What a shitty list; should be glad I fixed it for you.

You think that's good? Watch THIS.

>Still the best
>$300 headphones competing against $1,000+ electrostatic and planar magnetic headphones
:^)

>he think price correlates to quality

Full. Fucking. Retard.

Fully agree, user. No wonder my $10 Walmart headset sounded so good after a bit of eq'ing.

Yeah, but it's not comfortable so you should've bought HD800s instead.

>Can you really not conceive a single reason why someone would find a Modi 2 preferable over a Fulla 2 when stacked with a Magni in their setup?
I'm the same user as before. Here you go:
1. It's a better investment because as a dac it's effectively the same but does other things too.
2. If stacked with an Uber, the metal of non-uber modi is different, cheaper-looking, which aesthetically won't help either.

So I strongly suggest either getting the uber version of the modi or the fulla 2. But I'm not the boss of you, so you get to do whatever you want.

Is this a new meme?

>Luka
>No 03

Behold!

He's autistic but nothing is wrong in his posts.

Yeah, definitely. Just tossed my HD600 in the trash, gonna pick up some $10 walmart shitphones and pillows to pad it with.

I know. It's like she's practically naked.

status audio CB1 is said to be as good and maybe even better than the M50x for much cheaper, is this true?

>tfw made several corrections but forgot to fix that one
*Magni 2 Uber
Sure thats nice but this is a meaningless investment to me if all I ever plan for it is leaving it on my desk. The smaller fulla 2 just makes things less stable.
I dont care if the modi is shit, it has no knob that could slip and make me deaf. Im not turning down the Fulla 2 because its plastimetal looks cheap.

But okay, I buy the Fulla 2, this does not solve my original question. I still need an(other) amplifier that can output far more than the Fulla 2 can.
Thanks for trying at least.

E N D G A M E

A lot of headphones are better than M50X's for cheaper.

Just EQ it

Either this Or buy the Magni 2, whichever version suits you.

Which DAC/Amp should I get for my monolith m560's my buget is around 150-200

Did you ignore the post in the other thread where I suggested three combinations of items?

If the Fulla2 doesn't suffice as an amp, you can connect its dac output -> big amp.

I would say yes, especially in terms of comfort.

I know; I was only joking around with him, ya know? Honestly, your success on eq'ing depends on the quality of the headphone. A shittier made driver is going to be a lot less stable when compared to a better made driver. It's a lot like Silicon lottery with CPUs and GPUs, but instead on how refined the driver materials really are. Personally, I would recommend Apple earbuds, as Apple has spent years perfecting their engineering; and with earbuds costing a lot less to make compared to full-sized headphones, they are also going to made with a much higher quality of material too, considering how expensive they are. A simply eq, and they should at least be on par with HD 600s, if not, HD 800s.

I use Skull Candies cause they fucking work.
H8 me fags

>$300
>Endgame

might be true but i would almost exclusively using them for flying so i need something comfy and isolating
so no even though the grado's might be better i would have no use for them, for example.

really? thats very good lol im very intrigued.

Exactly

For that use, they're pretty nice. They're relatively neutral though slightly bassy and look pretty comfy.

I really like my pair.
Neutralish sound with slight mid scoop around 500 hz, and a bit of boost in the bass. Detachable cable always a bonus.

Can't speak to using them on an airplane, but they do a decent job of passive isolation.

>literally incapable of arguing without resorting to hyperbole

yes you poorfag

>$300
>Endgame
>Not mid-fi headphones
>Not poorfag headphones
What's next?

yeah figured, they do look pretty comfy and everyone compliments its build too. slightly bassy is not a huge complaint :)
i didnt know they had detachable cables, but yeah that sounds p nice. also, after using beats studio 1st gen and then a pro THEN buying into the V-MODA looks, im sure any isolation that works fine passively will be nice

You don't need one.

None of those suit me those either lack a pre-amp or are more expensive than the Magni 2 Uber. I am aware of the Magni 2 Uber.
>Is the Magni 2 Uber a good value or is there anything better I could get for less? I need the preamp out
>I was asking was if there were any good amps with a preamp other than the *Magni 2 Uber. . I understand why the *Magni 2 itself is so heavily recommended for its value, but I don't know if the $50 price jump still puts the *Magni 2 at a good value or if there are other competitive offerings.

Already addressed here >If the Fulla2 doesn't suffice as an amp
Stop with the ifs. Lets just say they can not drive my 800Ω meso-sensitive meme phones

Any recs on:
1. Amplifiers with pre-amp out other than Magni 2 U at equal or lesser value
2. DAC/Amp combos under $250, $250 being the cost of a Magni 2 U + Modi 2/Fulla 2 stack
?

I apologize if it wasnt clear this was what I was asking for, but this is what I meant. Please share any recommendations on amps or amp/dacs outside of what every goon on head-fi recommends for a use-case that doesnt match mine.

>thinks price is directly correlated with sound quality
truly the mindset of somebody with $60 trashheaps dreaming of those $3000 headphones he sees on the review sites