What's the best cloud?

What's the best cloud?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers#General
drive.google.com/
howtogeek.com/196635/an-official-google-drive-for-linux-is-here-sort-of-maybe-this-is-all-well-ever-get/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BRRRAAƁAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

All the same shit to me since i only use it free for documents and i'm not cucked enough to pay for some imaginary HDD out there that i don't even truly own.

OneDrive if using Windows and iCloud if using a Mac.

For everything else, Google Drive.

SpiderOak.

I work for AWS so I use AWS.

I split the file and upload it as attachments in mail.
Scene already has the file split so I back up scene.
Gmail all the way.

"The cloud" is just a fancy way of saying off-site backup. Just use local storage like a normal person.

your own cloud. But don't use owncloud - they suck.

Any, as long as you encrypt your content before uploading.

Make your own cloud you faggot.
Nobody will attack or hack some home-server faggot shit,
but everyone targets cloud services.

>Nobody will attack or hack some home-server faggot shit,
LOL
If Hillary used protonmail she would've been safe but you keep talking crap, homesetups are the easiest to brake because mainly of shit software that isn't constantly monitored and patched/developed.

backdoors+botnet on the go no thanks
stop breathing

Just use big companies that will be around after 10 years.
Big budgets big profits so they won't cut your service/ storage when they are in financial trouble.
You can abuse Gmail/Ymail and upload split files.

That's the safest way to store them long time. Even if some catastrophic event happens and these companies take a big hit, the last thing they'll cut is on their mail service cause money saver grandpa still uses e-mail among few things.

I've seen storage services come and go flushing users and storage in days.

If you think paid services are great think about it like this:
You upload several TBs and you need to keep paying that service year after year, if you stop them they'll keep your files for a few months and flush them away, that is if the company doesn't go bankrupt and the bank having priority fucks the users selling shit ASAP to recover credit.

>using a prominent politician as a comparison in a discussion about average Joe's who nobody gives a shit about
>completely missing the point of the discussion that home-server security is irrelevant since nobody gives a shit about average Joe number 4456971324
>implying nobody can learn how to set up their own security properly if they want it

>being this much of a desperate dumbfuck
KEK.
Go back to plebbit you child.

>nobody gives a shit
Dude I fucked around with muh neighbours shit cause I was bored!
DO you want some bored kid fucking with you CAUSE HE'S BORED?

The only thing you fucked around with was your willy.
Now get the fuck out while the grownups are talking.

Mofo you don't know dick!
That's why you should tell yo mom to tell you fag bedtime stories when she sucked my dick, back then cause I'm an oldfag.

iCloud

It just works!

Seafile on your own server.

Stratus Clouds

>nobody gives a shit about average Joe number 4456971324
Yeah, apart from automated scripts that scan the whole internet trying to fuck every hole they can find. Maintaining security is hard.

The only usably safe home-built setup is:
1. The only open port on your PC is OpenVPN
2. All of your devices are connected to this VPN
3. All of your internal services (NextCloud etc) are located in your VPN
4. AES256-CTR-encrypted backups of most important datas, split in even-sized blocks, are regularly and automatically uploaded to free accounts on commercial clouds in case there's a housefire or power outage or something
5. Enjoy getting cucked by every "free" wi-fi that blocks VPN connections
6. Don't use real IP, connect to your home server through Tor, it doesn't care about NAT
7. Enjoy very low download/upload speeds and maximum security

>posts stratocumulus
lol dude

MEGA for storage

GDrive for comfyness

If you don't want Botnet make your own ftp server or somethin

Lenticular take some beating

>tfw having 100GB/ 110 tv eps in 1 draft

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers#General

For backup? Crashplan. Infinite space, infinite versioning, deleted file protection.

For syncing just use some free service

hm can I just upload my shit to github and call it a day

Google drive

Azure

TIL paying for offsite storage makes one "cucked".

>paying money to store your data on someone else's harddrive
top kek!

What a fucking dumbass

>housefire
I always hear this argument from dumb faggots who seem to live in the god damn middle ages.
Didn't you people learn to build houses out of proper brick and stone?
Didn't you people learn to install fire alarms and a simple sprinkler system connected to the boiler itself or an extra canister next to the toilet? Sprinkler systems and alarm systems are fucking cheap to get and install these days, and you only have to check them up once a year.

The fuck is up with the world today?

>paying for storage you actually own
>cucked

>paying less to pile up HDDs compared to the long-term massive cost of cloud services who can up their rates and not give a fuck about you whining about it since they own all your data
>cucked

KEK

>Maintaining security is hard.
No it's not.

1. You get those HDD enclosures which are NOT network attached, and use them as your main backup. Periodically turn on > backup > turn off. Safe from the Internet and shit.
2. You get a separate enclosure, this time a NAS. Move whatever you will need to it while disconnected from net. For your vacations and whatever when you are WAY AWAY from your home.
Link it to a computer device separate from your main desktop. Some cheap as fucking shit thing. Leave that while you are away to serve as your server.
3. Use free cloud as documents.

Presto, you are fine and dandy with security.
If something happens to your home server, no need to give a fuck since your main computer and your off-line storage is well and alive.
You can purge that server shit after getting home if you are really paranoid and reuse it clean again.

>For everything else, Google Drive.
Like what else? Linux? You do know Google Drive doesn't have a Linux client?

There's only one correct answer.
ownCloud for every OS
hosted in your basement

>You do know Google Drive doesn't have a Linux client
drive.google.com/

>drive.google.com/
Too bad you can't access your files without internet connection

That's why every other OS has a native sync client

Also Google Drive is adware

I know. That's why I use Windows 10

>Like what else? Linux? You do know Google Drive doesn't have a Linux client?

It just takes 5 seconds to Google how to sync Drive files on Linux

howtogeek.com/196635/an-official-google-drive-for-linux-is-here-sort-of-maybe-this-is-all-well-ever-get/

Backup without proper versioning is a useless backup.