Why is this ratio so fucking sexy?

Why is this ratio so fucking sexy?

It's not. You're wrong for thinking that.

Widescreen is so much more useful and aesthetically pleasing not to mention more productive.

Why weren't they widescreen to begin with is what I'm wondering

>round eyes
>square screens

Definitely this. Widescreen was a blessing

Round screen would be so impractical. Do you read round books?
The only useful part of a round screen would be the center.

>aesthetically pleasing
You love Apple products too I presume.

16:10 > 4:3 > 5:4 > 16:9 > anything not listed

>more productive
yeah maybe if all you do is edit videoclips for your failed videogame YouTube channel

Because it's the most accurate fit for the accurate part of human vision and implies working with text instead of watching garbage.

This.

/thread

screens are overrated

Because its perfect for Star Trek Voyager and Stargate SG1.

Bullshit, if I were going to give you a 4:3 monitor or a 16:9 for free and you didn't have a monitor and were a poorfag, I bet $100 you'd pick the 16:9

21:9 master race

This. The 5:4 only cost me 10 €, but it doesn't even handle 1080p and doesn't have the right aspect ratio.

I'm thinking of getting a LG 23" IPS237L for 75 €. Is this a good screen for movies and series?

>because you can't do anything other than edit videos or play games on 16:9/16:10
code monkey pajeet detected :^)

That's not 16:10

kys

Because you can actually read shit on it without having to scroll 100000000000 times. Same goes for coding. But for both a vertical 16:9 works almost as well.

Done. Your turn

>But for both a vertical 16:9 works almost as well
16:9 is the designated shitting ratio.

Ultrawide. Give me your (you)s.

I want ot buy a decent 4:3 in [current year].

suggest one.

> Liking things with the golden ratio makes it Apple.

Fucking retard, people are by instinct attracted by this shape. Are you saying that, that's somehow bad?

>heheh *snorkle snorkle* i'm gonna associate it with pajeets hehehahaaHAA that will show em hahaHAA *snorkle*

There isn't one because you'll never find a 4:3 higher than 1600x1200. However, there is a new king on the block for square displays if you have the shekels for it.

just get a 16:10 and use it in portrait mode

I'd pick the one with the larger resolution
1600x1200 is better than 1680x1050

dual 5:4 monitors > widescreen

>you'll never find a 4:3 higher than 1600x1200
That's just wrong though.