Is xfx a good company

im switching to amd for first time and getting a 580 and im looking at the 8gb XFX card, is XFX a reliable company for amd cards? ive found on google that the PSUs are good but not much about the GPUs

XFX RX 480 GTR was the best 4xx Series card. Don't now about this card now cause there are now reviews

i have xfx 7970 still since almost launch and it works good still
would buy xfx agian

My XFX 6950 had dead VRAM and since then I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole anymore.

Might just have been bad luck but there are so many video card manufacturers out there I see no point in giving them a second chance. My Gigabyte 7970 is working for almost 5 years now.

XFX has some good cards but then also some really fuckin toilet ones

PSUs are all good because they're just relabeled Seasonics

This. Look at JayzTwoCents

also check out sapphie's new heatsink
>T H I C C
>H
>I
>C
>C

My xfx 390 is a literal housefire, can't overclock for shit, and sounds like a jet engine sound-fucking your eardrums

>my xfx runs like shit
>every xfx runs like shit

>pic related

which is better a 580 or 1070?
i was going to pick up a 1070 today because well its local and i dont have to get it shipped

They're fine. One of the better options for AMD cards. Their reputation got tanked by their bad 290(X) cooler though. Almost every company fucked up with Hawaii though, because it was the ultimate housefire.

>390 running hot

Really makes you think.

Enjoy those drivers...

...Never Again

user, we switched timelines, Nvidia now has no drivers

Just buy the xfx 480 GTR and flash the new bios in it

They made the best looking GPU with the 280

Looks just like my 290x lava machine

XFX is a okay brand. I've only had a few of their cards (HD 4890 & R9 290) but the cards have been decent. XFX even gave me permission to redo thermal paste on the 290 without voiding its warranty.

alright guys

time to decide!

Sapphire.

XFX

Sapphire

the old one was a bad housefire, the newer one has bigger heatsinks and never goes above 67 degrees celsius.

Gigabyte or MSI

MSI or ASUS.

How much is the 1070 there?

>is xfx a good company
Yes
But Sapphire is the best company

Good tier:
MSI
Sapphire

Decent tier:
XFX

Shit tier:
Asus
HiS
Powecolor
Gigabyte

Anus is decent
Overpriced and fuclong LED all over the place but it's ok

not op but here

thanks, was to lazy to screencap now.
well yeah any decent 1070 is 430€+

Strix is unnecessary long
White dual fan is hot and noisy as fuck

they used to be pretty shit, but then their rx400 cards were awsome

It doesnt make it bad.
It makes it TOO GOOD

The MSI Aero is a great value and the Zotac as well.

The 1070 is about 20% more powerful than the 580, they are really in different price brackets.

I once bought an 7870 from XFX.

Had to RMA it because one of the two fans broke. That same fan broke again on the new card months later, resulting in the gpu overheating and crashing in games.

Never again for me, Il spend the extra bucks for good stuff from now on.

Zotac mini is sexy af, imo
i'd never ever buy a blower card

XFX only stepped up their shit for hawaii onwards.

MSI Gayming X RX 580 or Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

pick one

>tfw bought a Sapphire 480

I got screwed good.

your fault for not doing pre-purchase research

fans start and stop all the time I presume?

XFX was a great Nvidia GPU maker who turned into a mediocre-at-best AMD GPU maker

Custom curve because Im not a faggot. Why would I need a start-stop system on a fan?

They were effectively blacklisted by Nvidia precisely because they wanted to build ATi cards.

How do Gigabyte, asus and MSI get away with being bipartisan?

>im switching to amd for first time

Jewang enabler please.

Thanks for taking one for the team and keeping AMD """competitive"""

What kind of depraved human being would shill for Nvidia of all companies on an anonymous imageboard for free? Surely they don't pay you?

When you put it like that, it certainly makes #TeamRed look like a conglomerate of mental illness. I can understand people sharing their positive experience with superior hardware like nVidia products, but shilling garbage budget hardware for free? That's some straight stockholm syndrome right there.

They are considerably bigger than what XFX ever was.

Yep. Those three are huge companies that won't be pushed around by Nvidia. I'm sure Nvidia would love them to make their cards only, but burning bridges with them and having them go AMD-exclusive instead would be a big deal. Losing XFX, whilst not desirable, had no real impact on sales, because they're a much smaller brand. It'd be equivalent to losing EVGA in today's market, since XFX were just as cosy with Nvidia once upon a time.

MSI >= ANUS ROG > Sapphire = XFX = Gigatits >> PowerPoo

MSI and Anus are better because they have better cooling and somewhat better PCBs

asus make some of the worst fucking gpus
xfx and sapphire are top-tier, friendo

You're just a dumb brand whore. The Strix isn't even close to the MSI, Sapphire and XFX models. Gigabyte's 480 was pure trash, but even they've pulled their finger out for this one. I'd try the Auros over the Strix any day.

Source: I owned a 480 Strix. It went back after three days due to it being fucking loud.

this