What's the better major for someone who's smart but lazy, CS or EE...

What's the better major for someone who's smart but lazy, CS or EE? I need time for my anime so I can't spend all day studying.

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5753072
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CS definitely.

CS without a doubt

>smart but lazy

You need to be 18 or over to post here

Don't be jealous that I'm smarter than you without trying.

>smart but lazy
sure kid

Cawfee.

Gween Tea

sauce?

Fuck off ironic retards, smart but lazy is a real thing.
Some kids mentally develop early so retarded parents and teachers call them smart.
They end up going through most of their school life without opening a textbook, so they never learn work ethics and self-discipline.
Then highschool hits and everyone else catches up, now the kid everyone called smart is called lazy.
t. smart but lazy 24 y/o NEET

Neither. College isn't for the smart. And especially it's not for the smart and lazy. There's a lot of dumb work. You will find yourself disgusted by the things you have to do to prove yourself to professors who are below your ability.

There's exceptions of course but professors never teach at the peak of their ability obviously.

Regardless of ability if you're lazy you won't complete a EE or CS degree.

No, Tea.

i can relate to this-

My life right now help

>smart but lazy

Oh boy. Lemme guess, you're fresh out of high-school. You either didn't hand in homework because you couldn't be bothered to do it, or you did it all in 5 minutes and never sat down and did a good honest study session. If you don't have any specific weaknesses in a given subject (or just choose to ignore those weaknesses) you can develop an almost always false sense of being "smart but lazy". You breeze though all the tests without breaking a sweat, you're just to lazy to do the homework. Thing is, you're conveniently forgetting that what you're breezing through is a program that's designed to go at the pace of the dumbest fuckers there; grade school is also there to teach you to socialize. To do that successfully they've got to keep you with kids more or less your same age (a 2 year difference is nothing in your mid-20's, but it's massive when you're barely out of the single digits), and to do that they've got to make sure that the idiots can keep up. Hence, you move as fast as the idiots can.

When you get to college you're going to find yourself with the professor pretty much going "I'm doing things as fast as I feel like, try to keep up as much as you can." The in-class time will never, ever be enough, simply because the professor has better things to do. He's going to outline and guide and to a large extent you're going to have to fill the details in yourself though the relevant references he'll provide. On your own time.

You never learned work ethics.You never learned to hunker down and just fucking study instead of fucking around as soon as you get out of school. When you roll up to that test smug as shit and for the first time see shit you genuinely don't have a clue about, it's going to hurt. And it's very hard to pick up these habits, after being "spoiled" so a lot of kids like this end up dropping out.

I'm only saying this because I went through the same thing, OP. Thank God I got through it though. Hope you're also able to.

if you ever had to actually start trying you aren't smart you just developed early

It's my wife making a fresh tasty cup for me:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5753072

I never got this meme. College was just as much of a joke as high school.

No matter how overwhelming the evidence, the bloated ego from years of being showered with "smart" doesn't let go.

Looks like that guy is gonna rape that kid but idk

thanks

I can somewhat relate to this.

Part of it was that I developed a strong sense of individualism from my superiority complex, though. I spent time learning whatever the fuck I wanted rather than caring about doing well in school or learning anything useful; I was smart, after all, and being smart, I'd manage to work out my life no matter what, right... Well, I could've done worse: at least I read classic literature, philosophy and other relatively respectable shit.

Nah, even if we're talking high school level (let alone post-HS), there's simply no way to learn all that stuff with 0 effort. No matter your smartness, the information won't just magically appear in your brain. You can even understand the general picture but score shittily in HS tests if you don't bother learning any details or acquiring any sort of work ethic (ie: math, you'll probably make careless mistakes if you never spend time "doing math")

Too yellow for my taste.
I'm ok with loli pee but they need to be properly hydrated.

Yeah, I went to a shit school too. But some of these kids might go to good universities.

So did I.

nope
college was a joke too and so are the vast majority of most jobs

I agree, but it's Syaro's so I'd in this case I'd drink it regardless of the color.

You don't understand my point. When I say 0 effort, I mean it quite literally, very close to actually putting 0 of your time and/or energy into it.

If you pay proper attention on your lectures (or the teaching in HS or whatever), make proper notes, do at least some homework, that is already plenty more than 0.

>syaro
Sxarp*

No fucking shit if you literally sit on your ass all day and do nothing knowledge isn't going to suddenly appear in your brain.

nobody would consider showing up to class and doing basically nothing outside of it a "work ethic"

My hypothesis: the controversy about "smart but lazy" people is partly caused by misunderstanding precisely that.

When guy 1 says "college was a joke", he might mean that he still paid attention, did his homework, read the books and so on.

When guy 2 says "I failed college because I was raised a smart kid and was used to not putting effort into anything", they might genuinely mean that they hardly pay attention, don't bother with homework ever, are absent too often, don't even buy the books, etc. And then realize that they lack even the most basic of studying skills.

>smarter than you
>pedophile who also enjoys urine

Pick one and only one.

Yeah? Which one then?

University of California at Berkeley.

the thing is if you're actually smart and not just slightly above average 5% effort is close to a "normal" person trying at 95% effort

a smart person doesn't have to study or have things explained to them multiple times, a smart person can shit out a better end product with 30 minutes of work than the normal person did in 5 hours as a first pass

the only way for a smart person to fail is for them not to show up

Piss fetish is patrician, only the most enlightened humans have it.

>NEET
You are just simply retarded like most ppl here.

>Then highschool hits and everyone else catches up
If everyone else catches up to you in high school, then you weren't that smart in the first place.

By everyone else I mean you are no longer at the top 0.01% but 0.1% instead.

>smart but lazy

let me guess you picked all on-level courses and thought everyone was trying harder than you.

I taught algebra 2 summer school. Theres all the people who didnt try because they thought there is "smart and dumb" and they simply werent good at math so why bother.

As it turns out they all have an IQ of at least 80, and are fully capable of following the basic human logic it takes to do math. All they needed was the motivation to not repeat a grade and all of the sudden they arent "dumb" anymore.

If its all bait you got me.

I took AP Calculus in 10th grade.

t. Brainlet

So then what defines you to be lazy? Things are done by the deadline no?