KCP is dead

> KCP is dead
> MPV is a shitty meme

What the fuck can non autistic beings use to have all the kcp stuff up to date nowadays?

KCP is dead because its not needed anymore.
just install mpc or vlc and you are good.

>2017
>not using lavfilters-megamix or mpv

>tfw I fell for the mpv meme
pretty neat actually, thanks Sup Forums

i don't understand what's wrong with mpv, it works fine for me

>vlc

the fuck is your problem with mpv you brainlet. install one of builds and it just werks. Shinchiro build even has autoupdater to make things easy for retards like you.
ricing media players is one of the most pathetic things imaginable, no one gives a crap about 90% chink cartoons you watch, not even people making them.

This

> KCP is dead
software only dies when it fails to preform its intended funcion

No config/features

K-Lite standard

lol

What actual argument are there against vlc other than it's moderately popular and not edgy and cool anymore?

>not using CCCP
Literally hasn't failed once.

CCCPs filters are a little outdated. K-Lite has the updated ones.

vlc's colors are washed out compared to KCP and MPV.
although its hard to notice most times except for anime's where there are vibrant colors or shots that focus on skin tone imo

>not using objectively the best media player out there
>freetards btfo

Shitty scalers and, like mpv, it doesn't support linked mkvs. (Though it supports them better than mpv and will play the ones linked after, just not the ones before)

+1

What player should I use madvr with now that mpc-hc is dead?

What's wrong with using K-Lite other than adware in the installer?

lel

MPC-HC

You know that's easily fixable, right?

>what's wrong with $thing other than the primary thing wrong with $thing

I always used CCCP until I realised all you need is MPC-HC, madVR, and xy-VSFilter and 2 minutes of your time to configure things properly.

The advertisement in the installer is literally nothing.

Now which one is better: K-Lite Standard, Full, or Mega?

do you have a quick guide?

I just grabbed LAV filters.

1. Uninstall all codec packs, previous instances of the aforementioned, and the like, and delete their settings if prompted.
2. Reboot.
3. Install MPC-HC with default settings.
4. Extract the XySubFilter archive into a new "XySubFilter" directory in your "C:\Program Files" directory.
5. Right-click on "Install_XySubFilter.bat" in the "XySubFilter" directory you just populated, and then click on "Run as administrator".
6. Extract "madVR.zip" into a new "madVR" directory in your "C:\Program Files" directory.
7. Right-click on "install.bat" in the "madVR" directory you just populated, and then click on "Run as administrator".
8. Start MPC-HC, go to "View" -> "Options..." -> "Playback" -> "Output", and select "madVR" under "DirectShow Video"
and "XySubFilter" under "Subtitle Renderer".
9. Go to "View" -> "Options..." -> "Internal Filters", click on "Video decoder", and select "None" in the
"Hardware Decoder to use" dropdown menu in the "Hardware Acceleration" section. Click on "OK", and click on "OK".
10. Play a video file, go to "Play" -> "Filters", click on "madVR", and click on "Edit Settings".
11. Go to "processing" -> "artifact removal" and check "reduce banding artifacts" and "reduce ringing artifacts".

12. Go to "processing" -> "zoom control" and set "move subtitles:" to "... into active video area".
13. [Skip this step unless your graphics card is extremely fast!]
Go to "scaling algorithms" and select "NGU" with "Anti-Alias, medium quality" in the "chroma upscaling" submenu,
"SSIM" with "2D - strength: 100%", "scale in linear light", and "activate anti-ringing filter" in the "image downscaling" submenu,
and "NGU Anti-Alias" with "medium", "medium", "let madVR decide", "let madVR decide", "let madVR decide", "Jinc AR",
and "use 'image downscaling' settings" in the "image upscaling" submenu.
14. Go to "rendering" -> "general settings" and check "use Direct3D 11 for presentation".
15. Go to "rendering" -> "dithering" and select "Error Diffusion - option 2".
16. Go to "rendering" -> "trade quality for performance" and uncheck all but "optimize subtitle quality for performance instead of quality".
17. Click on "OK", click on "OK", and restart MPC-HC.

Fin.

The day I cured my autism and just installed VLC was a great day indeed.

I will just wait for kcp updates

Why the fuck would you use a codec pack that takes up more system resources than Mass Effect Andromeda on max graphics settings.

MPC-HC is fine as it is. VLC is only okay on an Android in this day and age.

>I will just voluntarily wait for a project that's been abandoned for over two years to finally get an update instead of manually doing something that takes two minutes
Why do you come to Sup Forums, friend?

It's dead.

K-Lite Standard will do 1-9, then it's just down to setting up madVR. You can just set upscaling to Jinc and downscaling to Spline.

>17-step guide

Sticking with CCCP.

I'd advise you to iinstall mpc-hc, madvr, xy-VSFilter. THEN configure it ro YOUR own preferences, don't follow on what guides tell you to set your settings at because this largerly depends on the performance of your computer mainly the GPU and secondly the CPU. The settings is also based on your preferences. Guides won't give you the best you can get

You're a stupid nigger. I swapped from mpc+madvr to mpv a while back just to meme it up and there's no fucking difference, you just change the settings with a text file instead of a gui.

Why is it required for it to be fixed by the user?

mpv literally doesn't have this problem

use mpc-be

mpc-hc is ded

found the Windows guys who won't custom compile her unix brand of OS

No, you just need to join the 24/7 mpv help thread for a few hours every time you want to watch a video.

*xir

>download mpv
>unzip
>watch

Are mpcfags really this masochist?

If you're running Linux it can't seek without freezing and if you're running Windows it uses more resources than MPC. It also has has fucked up colors compared to both MPC and mpv.

Don't use anything. Windows comes with every codec you need, with automatic hardware acceleration if possible.

potplayer

This.

Thought it was neckbeard shit but it's actually a solid player.

this

on every OS

forever

Maybe I'm just a retard but VLC drops frames on me occasionally whereas mpv just werkz right out of the box.

Enjoy your artifacts and shitty contrast

I just use mpc-hc. no kcp or anythig else

>> MPV is a shitty meme
madVR is a shitty meme

Turn of hardware accel you retards. If you can't even handle that then you shouldn't be using a computer. Contrast is a bit tougher for the mentally challenged, as Nvidia users will have to go into the graphics settings and setting video color output to full rather than limited

not my fault you want to watch your neet anime on a voodoo card in bsd fucking faggot
any modern computer(from the past 11 years) can run VLC just fine

VLC lets you ignore some of the video metadata when seeking which guarantees those artifacts. Other things might also cause problems with that metadata, not sure. Definitely an internally VLC software issue, not related to hardware etc.

Why do people still use codec packs?

MPC-HC - v1.7.11 + madVR is all you need

>owning a pleb tier CPU
Plz go ;_;

This. It has literally nothing to do with the hardware you are running it on, I've got ocasional artifacts on old and new hardware both on Linux and Windows.

Do you have some kind of script for this?

>any modern computer(from the past 11 years) can run VLC just fine
I'm sure any computer can open VLC fine
Now watching videos on it, that's another story
>Install VLC
>watches a 13gb video on it
>decides to skip to x part of the video
>it takes a while and throws artifacts when finishes loading

meanwhile
>mpc-hc
>watches the same video
>skips to the same part
>done instantly and no artifacts

cuck

Baka MPlayer master race.

The secret is that when you seek in VLC you're doing a completely different operation than seeking in an MPC or other player. VLC is purposely(why?) not aware of keyframes and stuff that gives a player context for decoding video. MPC doesn't seek to the same place at all, it seeks to the nearest previous keyframe and then decodes from that point and then possibly seeks forwards within that, retaining context.

After a bit of thinking it probly has to do with VLC's stated purpose of being a network capable video player. If you jump into a network stream you may miss a keyframe and without correcting for it you'll never get video. Most players would probly just error out instead.
>or just work correctly like mpv does

Literally the worst scaling algorithm that turns picture into oatmeal even at native resolution and scale.