/brit/

*BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QF6ad0FLXA4?t=99
mobile.twitter.com/kelseyRbrooks/status/736582056956825600?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
soundcloud.com/sangobeats/dont-sango-bryson-tiller-salgueiro-mix-ft-chris-mcclenney
fb.com/TheNRLBibleOne/videos/1752824421620549/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Middle_Ages#Late_Medieval_European_society
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit edition

foy

beach house are god tier at making depressing music desu lads

Why don't we build homes underground lads
Sounds comfy af

press 1 in the chat if ur naked 2 ;) x

>spend 40 minutes compressing a 30gb game for storage
>copy the .zip to my external drive
>"items remainging: 1 (30 gigabytes)"

youtu.be/QF6ad0FLXA4?t=99

funniest Timmy moment so far

>he pronounces the vita in vitamins like bitter

Made tea but just realised there are no oaties left

Being a detective seems fun
I should do that

Fuck off yank

We're off topic now

>Enlightenment thinkers who rejected religion in favour of rationality.
Right, and the Enlightenment was nearly 300-400 years ago. Thought process has changed since then, and other philosophers like Kierkegaard have come out and said "Okay, the Enlightened thinkers had good ideas, but maybe they were wrong to reject all Christian values. Let's discuss how they helped us."
Europeans were actually better of as Feudal, at least until workers rights became a thing, but I digress

>The ability to produce economic progress is only an opportunity when you have the freedom to do so. Freedoms which had been restricted for centuries.
Such as?

they sell these at the dollar store i work at

giving bad advice on various Sup Forums boards again tonight

anyone want some help with their problems tonight?

you taken your voitamins m8?

Are any of you lads still bickering about HDI?

Need help deciding what to do now that UNi is finished till september. plz advise

>Europeans were better off feudal

-big fat citation needed-

Does anyone buy them?

Looks absolutely nauseating

Has anyone ever bought one?

sitting in my room and never amounting to anything seems fun
i should do that

>freedoms which had been restricted for centuries

Oh, please. The medieval governments put way less restriction into citizens than any modern day government.
The only rules were: pay your taxes, don't talk shit about God, don't fuck a man, bow down when the king walks by. There was NOTHING that restricted people from inventing steam machines, except the fact that 99% of the people were busy plowing the land.

(repost from the other thread)

now she won't even spare a passing glance

not that ive seen
impressive shelf life tho so i imagine we woudlnt have ordered them they werent expected to sell in that time

fookin' kek

need more of tim interacting with other people like A I R

>There was NOTHING that restricted people from inventing steam machines
>except the fact that 99% of the people were busy plowing the land.

You said this.

>normies literally use horse shampoo to make their hair grow faster

>poms actually say "vittamins"

what the fuck?

get a facebook account with your real name and use to join into the rich political discourse happening online

also start bulking but remember that you don't need to lift for the first month

>normies literally put socks in their underwear to make their genitalia look larger

We're talking about LEGAL restrictions, dumbass.

Would be nice if I could just snap my fingers and instantly wake up tommorow without the whole rigomoral of trying to get to sleep etc.

back in from a night out haha

only went out to watch the champions league final, then we went to a club and some chav cunt just randomly attacked my mate, had to go to a&e with him

chavs need to be exterminated holocaust style tbqh

/blogpost

no one does this mate

No, it looked nice on the front page.

>except the fact that 99% of the people were busy plowing the land.

look at how small your flag is

hahaha

>i spend my tims debating about historical subjects and ideas in the international section of an image board, i just CANNOT allow someone to be factually wrong about such important affairs

do you go looking around in peoples underwear? is that how you know?
perv

In feudalism you're legally obliged to serve your lord

That isn't a legal restriction. It might be an economical restriction, but not a legal one.

Feudal obligations for peasants were pretty basic and usually just required them to pay tax and work X amount of days labour on the LOrd's land (known as seigneurial (?) duties) and maybe in the Lord's levies. and they also had a large amount of holidays due to feast days etc and traditional holidays. PLus the Lord-Peasant relationship was not constantly adversarial and lords would actually take greivences to the king or higher lords. This situation was much better than labouring in a factory with next to no rights dictating maximum hours or safety.

But it wasnt always so great in the Feudal system as in France the nobility slowly gained tax exemptions over the decades and centuries meaning that the tax burden for the taille (land tax) was almost entirely upon the peasntry or the third estate by the time of the Revolution.

t. book nerd

little swiss flags ahaha

LITTLE

Ermm nice essay but still no citation

As if the stuff you discuss is any better

And from the 14th century onwards, the feudal system declined and the feudal lords granted permission for the peasants to leave the feud. That's when people started moving to cities like Paris and Madrid.

That's fucking basic history.

*pats your head*

*scuffles your hair*

:-)

there's a good little flag~

We still have a big plus.

Return to feudalism when?

post nige

Towards the ending of the Elizabethan Era, the last remnants of feudalism in England were dying out. Serfdom still existed on the continent (mainly Germany), but by Shakespeare's time, England had already switched to a more enterprise/trade based economy. Between, say, 1700 and 1850s, England was in neither a feudal society nor industry society. It's one of those rare societies that only exist in a few pages of history.

All right, from the pages of Alexis de Tocqueville. He is talking about the end of Feudalism in France:
>At the very beginning of the seventeenth century, Henry IV. complained, says Peréfix, that the nobility were deserting the rural districts. The desertion had become general by the middle of the eighteenth. No men of rank remained in the country districts but those whose means did not allow them to move. A man of this class was strangely situate among the [152] peasantry. He was no longer their ruler, and had no reasons for conciliating, or aiding, or guiding them, while, on the other hand, he did not share their burdens, and consequently felt no sympathy for sufferings which did not afflict him, or for wrongs to which he was a stranger. Though they had ceased to be his subjects, he had not become their fellow-citizen. The position is without parallel in history...The peasant, then, was widely separated from the upper classes of society. He was kept aloof from all who could help or guide him. The higher his fellows [155] rose in influence and station, the more they avoided him. He seemed to have been picked out of the whole nation, and set aside.The peasant of the fourteenth century was liable to more oppression, but he had better claims to assistance. If the aristocracy tyrannized over him occasionally, they never abandoned him.

It goes on, but yeah. Like I said, it didn't really start again until Worker's Rights became a thing and people had to start treating the poor better.

You've never read Oliver Twist or something?

mobile.twitter.com/kelseyRbrooks/status/736582056956825600?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

that's a positive, I guess

please take this shit discussion to Sup Forums

>t. book nerd

hmmmm

>tfw no qt wife to share the comfy Hamlet with

Yep, thanks to the Black Death. It literally ruined everything

>why yes I do get all my historical knowledge from Oliver twist, very accurate

i'm drunk but feel the vibes lads

soundcloud.com/sangobeats/dont-sango-bryson-tiller-salgueiro-mix-ft-chris-mcclenney

>tfw we will never have a qt comunnist slag on lat

Why live?

People moved to cities BECAUSE of the industrial revolution you stupid gorilla

bring back the biff lads

fb.com/TheNRLBibleOne/videos/1752824421620549/

literature is a product of history

Not only the black death, but the crusades and later on, the spanish and portuguese discoveries.

>tfw no qt FARC gf

massaging my own feet, it's not working

>tfw poor so can't justify buying a gaming computer

ah yes

ah yes

ehhhh

That's not from Oliver Twist, but from The Old Regime, my friend

I mentioned Oliver Twist because 19th century London was littered with poor orphans and peasants who had nothing, except if they wanted to be virtual slaves in factories. They had no hamlets or some shit to go farm on. They poor were separated from society, instead of being a part of it

That's the SECOND rural exodus that happened, stupid fuck.

>As the European population was severely reduced, land became more plentiful for the survivors, and labour consequently more expensive.[72] Attempts by landowners to forcibly reduce wages, such as the English 1351 Statute of Laborers, were doomed to fail.[73] These efforts resulted in nothing more than fostering resentment among the peasantry, leading to rebellions such as the French Jacquerie in 1358 and the English Peasants' Revolt in 1381.[74] The long-term effect was the virtual end of serfdom in Western Europe

>Up until the mid-14th century, Europe had experienced steadily increasing urbanisation.[81] Cities were also decimated by the Black Death, but the role of urban areas as centres of learning, commerce and government ensured continued growth.[82] By 1500, Venice, Milan, Naples, Paris and Constantinople each probably had more than 100,000 inhabitants

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Middle_Ages#Late_Medieval_European_society

messaging my own feet, it's not working

>tfw no brit gf
how do i solve?

The cities were growing well before the Industrial Revolution you ape

After the Black Death the populace became much more mobile because their labour was far more valuable. They could also trade actual cash instead of feudal duties. The cities were natural magnets for mobile workers

WEW

daily reminder we share /brit/ with a 30+ year old yank

possibly NEET
possibly lives with his mother

wish theyd bring back the biff lads

It seems like there are some people who literally only come here to get involved in arguments snd then leave when they're over lol

It looks like this hoe deleted her Twitter accnt. Does anyone of you stalking fags know her new account name?

>possibly
yeah right

They're fucking stupid teenage sluts, it won't take long to find them again

Me

I know that feeling bro :,,,(

fighting detracts from the game desu

let the boys blow off steam

why

Why what?

they're playing a game where they tackle the shit out of each other. put the energy into a tackle.

fighting and shit is funny at low levels of the game like highschool and that but fighting at competition level is utter pleb tier.

why are you posting here

Also, sorry for calling you ( ) a stupid fuck.

i want to see the best of the best unch on

>from the 14th century onwards

Oh, you mean when the medieval period was coming to a close and the renaissance was getting started?

BUT AGAIN MY CRY'S UNHEEDED

Prior to the Industrial Revolution, rural flight occurred in mostly localized regions. Pre-industrial societies did not experience large rural-urban migration flows primarily due to the inability of cities to support large populations.

In theory, industrialization should be against mega cities. In Europe, industrialization created mega cities; in America, it was the opposite.

Instead of large cities, it's better to keep building smaller ones on the outskirts of your borders, repeating the process. Transportation by railways then moves the goods. This policy was adopted by some German philosophers, and then practiced by the Nazis as their "Living Space"

China is going through this problem, although they probably don't know it. If they concentrate everything on their east coast near Bejing, then they have no authority on towards their western side

cock's quite stiff

>cant justify buying a luxury shallow entertainment machine that costs upwards of $1k
poorbuouv

Yes, in theory. But that's not how things happen.

>Some observers have called into question whether the Renaissance was a cultural "advance" from the Middle Ages, instead seeing it as a period of pessimism and nostalgia for classical antiquity,[12] while social and economic historians, especially of the longue durée, have instead focused on the continuity between the two eras[13] which are linked, as Panofsky observed, "by a thousand ties".[14]