Heatsink paste suction damage cpu?

put my heatsink on wrong (thermal paste beading out the sides) and it took a lot of rocking/twisting/pulling to pry it off the cpu. Has me worried. What kind of pull force can the socket and the metal lid on the processor withstand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_DjZWrSVt1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you have an amd cpu, they are notoriously flimsy and can break/bend pretty easily

intel cpus are pretty much indestructable unless you use extreme force

oh hello shill nobody asked your opinion about intel products.

Intel CPUs are built to a higher standard and feature top of the line technology that makes the CPU much more durable.

It's why they cost more.

Its pretty damn strong if your just trying to remove the heat sink from the cpu. all the pins together make a solid structure and its very hard to break anything. if you do break it your going to have to break all the pins on the cpu.

dafuq did that?

that's your marketing opinion. however i do own intel but that's just because i buy whatever is faster those ryzen processors are really tempting me,

if you have an amd cpu, they are notoriously flimsy and can break/bend pretty easily

probably installing it with the notches on the wrong place.

how about instead go tell Intel to stop making shit products that are so poorly designed you have people literally splitting them in half to correct the problem (delidding).

It's not a problem, all they are doing is using an efficent method of designing them. the fact that an option exists to further strengthen your cpu is a good thing

Damn shill your strong, your power level exceeds mine so this is my last response.
So your saying Manufacturing Efficiency > Quality of Product. Yeah totally very durable CPU

>Falling for a falseflag this obvious

its true though

Did you pull the heatsink off while it was cold?Usually when i change coolers or paste i let the pc run to warm up a bit and then use some cotton with alchohol to wipe the cpu and heatsing.

The problem is that if nobody responds people who are not informed will take it to heart.

>Being too young to remember Intel's Skylake launch
Heavy heatsinks did that due to Skylake being thinner compared to their past CPUs.

This bending issue was a problem when they cheaped out on the substrate material.

Putting heat syncs on like manuals say fucked them up till they were redesigned.

lul OP probably read the first post and now hes an intelfag forever

I once fucked up an old processor ripping the whole thing connected to the heatsink when cold

RIP

KEK

no, it was intel making the pcb thinner, causing it to become weaker. so some heatsinks, even ones labeled to work on socket 1511, bent the shit out of them if people screwed the screws all the way down. intel did a pretty bad job informing manufacturers and users beforehand the new pressure requirements. they kinda waited till the last minute when people already picked up skylake and coolers.

Just twist it while constantly pulling upwards. Should come free after a while.

did you use thermal glue instead of thermal paste?

>knows nothing about computers
>calls anyone else who doesn't shill his shit a shill
Can you just off yourself? LGA is more durable than PGA you dumb nigger

Good goyim

If you don't treat your CPU carefully enough to avoid bending pins you should immediately off yourself. Intel skimped on important parts such as the substrate thickness which caused people to bend their skylakes with heavy coolers and high pressure, which was okay for Haswell. It's not just a design choice between PGA/LGA here for Intel, it's pure juden cost savings.

Some idiot used a power driver to screw the shit inside.

YOU SOUND SCARED SHILL
THEY ARE COMING FOR YOUR SHEKELS

It's generally fine even if you rip the CPU out with the heatsink incorrectly (which I've done before), as long as you rip it straight up and not off to the side.

But like others said, let it warm up and then twist it to loosen it up before you pull to be safe.

Any nerd with b350 can tell me if i put my 390 with arctic accelero extreme 4 in second pcie 3.0 slot will it run at x16? I have Noctua d15 and i don't want to get rid of it.

If you have thermal paste baked solid and it wont come off easily then remove it together with the CPU and then safely peel the cpu off the cooler.

I think it pretty much must.

>$0.10 has been deposited into your account

No. Only the top 16x slot on a B350 board will actually be wired for 16x. The others will be 8x at most. It's easy to tell by how far up the slot the actual connectors go. As you can see in the pic, the second "16x" slot's wiring stops halfway up, so it can only ever run 8x.

It makes fuck all difference though.

>shit is mostly made of molten sand and glass fiber
>has micrograms of coper, gold, and maybe silver
>amd is same shit just have it's own way to do it
>claiming product superiority

Nah, he put the CPU wrongly on the socket, tried to clamp it and broke it. It is not bent, it is broken. The subtract is made of glass fiber.

>not showing the treatment that would led her to cure if she kept on it
youtube.com/watch?v=_DjZWrSVt1w

Did you rip it out of the socket?

No?

Then you're good.

Intel representative here, too obvious.
Do your job better or I will talk to the marketing manager.

You can call shill all you want but having no protruding pins is a pretty comfy feature.

A book is also typically more expensive than it's weight in paper.

I have a 6600k with a h80i v2 that I got as a good bundle. Should I be worried? I got it in October and did not know that this was a thing.