Front-runner Macron wants encryption backdoors to fight terrorism

>French centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron has launched his presidential campaign with a plan to tackle terrorism by forcing internet firms to release encrypted messages.

>Speaking at his Paris launch, Mr Macron said he wants to legally compel social media companies to give authorities access to encrypted messages between terror suspects.

>Mr Macron, a former Rothschild investment banker, is running for his self-created En Marche (Onwards) party.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39555125

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_of_cryptography_from_the_United_States
stallman.org/french-puns.html
foxnews.com/world/2017/01/24/france-presidential-hopeful-macron-pushes-for-syria-talks.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many scandals does it take before politicians realize backdoors aren't the smartest thing to do?

Even if they can read and review all messages that doesn't mean they can prevent anything.

>forcing internet firms to release encrypted messages.
That's not an encryption backdoor.

>Russia putting in that work
I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

>>Mr Macron, a former Rothschild investment banker
I wonder who's behind this campaign.

"Democratic states must have access to content exchanged between terrorists on social media and instant messaging"

This is getting dangerously close to Sup Forums territory, but holy shit what a fucking cuck.

Explain how they would do it otherwise then.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, flies like a duck, then it is a duck.

You go to the company, tell them to use their keys to open up your messages and then hand them over in plain text. Most message encryption is not end-to-end and just encrypted during transmission.

You just look at the server, grab the encrypted messages that are there anyway, and release them without decrypting them. Accessing your own files isn't a backdoor, it would only be a backdoor if they're required to release decrypted messages.

he added the Rothchild bit so Sup Forums can go crazy, there is no known link with Macron and the Rothschilds

Guess so, should've read the source if I actually cared. Wouldn't have surprised me though.
Same for that other candidate though.

Oh, so it's a frontdoor then?

Somehow, that doesn't sound too reassuring.

This is correct. Google Hangouts only encrypts on the transport and Facebook messenger doesn't encrypt by default (it has a feature called Secret conversations that end-to-end encrypts on the device side but it's an option and not enabled by default).

If you passed a law that a backdoor is required companies could either decrypt on their side or insert blocks/loopholes in local device encryption, else those services wouldn't be legal to operate in whatever country outlawed it.

Meant for

Then use strong end-to-end encryption. As far as I can tell, they are not demanding to make strong encryption illegal. Install GPG, send encrypted emails.

>outlawing math

USA has outlawed exporting math.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_of_cryptography_from_the_United_States

>Then use strong end-to-end encryption.
>yes goy, draw attention to yourself

>we believe that terrorists have used toilets to communicate, and thus we are installing cameras in all public and private toilets

Why would you draw attention to yourself? I mean, besides in the US where they perform mass surveillance on their citizens.

Yeah, only murricans are stupid enough to do that.

I have a better idea, just start closing all mosques and expel all sandniggers from western countries

Edgy.

not in a slightest

You must be 18 to post comments on this blog, lad.

Why not just kick out all the shitskins instead?
Go le pen

>sandniggers

That includes the jews, are you antisemantic or something, user?

Your israel puppet politician doesn't want to kick Muslims, she wants to integrate them into Europe. Alt-right fags are so pathetic.

This with this sweet guy when?

stallman.org/french-puns.html

OY VEYZMIR

I made the same puns when i was 7 years old.

Ok.

NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR

>alt-right
>real

>centrist

Any encryption standard with a backdoor isn't encryption at all. People will just continue to use AES anyway, there is no reason to willingly use a method that has a backdoor when AES256 will take something like a hundred trillion years to bruteforce on average (not that bruteforcing is in any way ideal in breaking encryption, just using it as an example).

This shit will always just be government posturing, they have zero capability of actually enforcing this.

Why do we have to fight the same struggler over and over again?

Terrorists would just send encrypted messages on top of the already existing normal encryption

so even if they get access to the messages without encryption, what they will find is just another layer of encryption

An Le pen stance?

>good luck, I'm behind 7 encryptions

jews

I hope you kikes will be used as fuel for our power plants.

This would work, 2bh

He's more pro-free market than Le Pen, and hence I'm voting for him.

Stay mad, alt-right.

Kinda wish the moohammoods would blow up one of their priceless landmarks so they'd start giving a fuck about their country.

N..not like Le Pen is a literal jew though

fuck off reddit

Good let's see the free market work for you when you get torn to pieces by an incoming truck

>free market
when will this meme die

LE PEN
E

P
E
N

France you had one chance.

Arc de Mohammad. :^)

Rare pics of two autists interacting in the wild.

>Terrorists would just send encrypted messages on top of the already existing normal encryption
Or you know, they won't. The terrorists that did the November 2015 Paris attacks apparently just sent text messages to each other.

>Destroying civil liberties for increased security
How about kicking out all Muslims and any other religious extremist groups?

probably aliens

>freedoms
>kicking people out
Choose one.

Except he literally worked for them

>sand monkeys that refuse to integrate
>worthy of rights

Thousands of mudsl- I mean perfectly integrated French citizens are on the watchlist of potential terrorists yet entirely free. Macron doesn' seem to "know" that arresting or deporting all of them can be done overnight and solve all problems. It must be racist or something.

The political left is a mental illness.

she, and her voters, are too much of a morons to understand any of this and why is it important.

>racists
>worthy of rights

>too much of a morons

t. Ahmed al Muhammad

Fuck him then

You're not wrong but

>implying politicians on the right aren't just as willing to destroy free speech due to "terrorism?

>Front-runner
>Implying Le Pen isn't going to win and kick all the Muslim scum out

it was
>she is too much of a moron to understand any of this and why is it important.
and i forgot to change that part when i added "and her voters"

This place used to be aware that those attacks are false flags perpetrated by the Mossad.

What happened to Sup Forums?

Reminder.

>standing up for mudshits

>le pen
>"LET'S JUST SHUT THE INTERNET DOWN!"

>macron
>"how about a bit stricter rule, mkay?"

wow, it's so hard

>someone who believes islam is a "religion of peace" calling others morons

Also, if you support someone openly anti-privacy over someone who simply hasn't made a statement about it, then you must have been a trump supporter, right? His opponents never took a stance on this issue, so were they just too stupid to realize it's important?

Nice red herring, but you're blurring two problems here.

One is terrorism. Another is immigration.

Just because I'm pointing out that Mossad is behind terrorism, doesn't mean I'm defending Muslims.

Anyone who's been to pre-2015 Sup Forums knows you neocon and alt-right shills are wrong, we've been attacking Islam forever.

The difference is we've never bowed before the kikes.

Now fuck off.

>macron
>left

>Islam is shit because of the west

drink bleach faggot

He's an investment banker. I'm certain that he understands the value and the need of strong encryption.

I imagine this is just to rally supporters.

Because I totally said that.

i like how my dislike for le pen and her moron voters somehow make me a macron supporter. what if i dislike both candidates? is that possible in your narrow minded worldview?

moron

>jews
>part of the West

>we've been attacking Islam
>we

No, Islam is shit anyway, but it only has the power to do the shit it's been doing because the West's been feeding it funds, training, supports and weapons.

Expelling mudslimes, while a necessity, won't solve the terrorism problem. Only a change in foreign policy will.

Stay mad, neocon.

>we
LMAO nice Freudian slip, you just admitted you're a kike!

I guess you're just gonna have to get used to terror attacks then. Oh well.

Damn, Redpanels is dumb! Everytime I see one of her comics I feel mad!

Actually...
foxnews.com/world/2017/01/24/france-presidential-hopeful-macron-pushes-for-syria-talks.html

>her

keep the 3rd world in the 3rd world and let them all kill each other for all I care

>it's not on a "as needed basis"
If they make it so you have to encrypt to get away with it, then that's what they'll do.

But that's literally what happened.

Yeah we'll see how long he keeps up that narrative. Like how Trump wanted to "talk" to Kim but now wants to obliterate him?

He will switch just like every politician.

>redpanels

now you really need to go back to the place where you should belong

>>>/tumblr/

>but that's literally what happened
No it isn't, dumb alt-rightist. Obama pulled out and made room for ISIS, that's what happened and enabled them. And Al-Qaeda was armed by the Russians. Read a book for once, Geez!

>this is what neocons actually believe

Once again Macron is NOT a Russian candidate
Le Pen is

>centrist
>wants backdoor encryption
Hmmmmmm

this Russian retardation is only causing people to not vote for you, FYI

Le Penis