Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eulerian_path
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow... He offically has autism now

As if replying to the email wasn't proof enough...

Replying to emails is social behaviour dude

I hate admitting it every time but he is literally our guy.

He's smart

That's a roundabout way of saying it doesn't have a Hamilton cycle.

Do you reply to everything in your spam folder as well?

I should have put it in a different way: Not responding to emails is asocial and in some cases even antisocial behaviour. He probably also doesn't reply to adbots

Yes, he's right. It's impossible.

Did I pass?
There are no rules about crossing over yourself or the walls.

>4 rooms with odd doors
>obviously 3
what and why

Ah, I think I understand. This is graph theory, yes? The Bridges of Konigsberg? The idea is something like, If a room has an even number of doors, that means that a line coming in will match with a line going out. If a room has an odd number of doors, then there can't be a perfect match of in/out, so the room either must be an ending point of your drawn line (the line finishes in the room and doesn't leave), or it must be the beginning of the line (the line starts in this room without coming in first from the outside).

So this means you can only have 2 rooms with an odd number of doors, one for the beginning and one for the ending of the line. If there are more rooms than that with an odd number of doors, the problem is impossible to solve.

Yes?

>"everything must be spelled out literally for me!"
Congratulations, you also have autism.

:^)

(^:

Pretty much. See also

Don't you want to claim your $12,000,000 from General Mubuktu?

>what are Euler cycles?

>using

Wouldn't it have been even more roundabout to feed this problem to a hamiltonian path solver? Since this is a very restricted version of hamiltonian path that can be decided using a linear-time heuristic?

Wasn't necessarily thinking of using the path solver, but you might be right.

>[email protected]
>AUTISM TEST

Wow, he really does respond to every email.

A Hamilton Cycle! I have learned something new. Thank you!

Just draw a Feuerbach circle around it jeeeez

He did count the outside as a "room" since you can enter it like a room - you don't need the artificial distinction for the proof.

So yes, he is right.

(First lemma in graph theory: the sum of the degrees in a simple graph is twice the number of the edges. So you can only have an even number of odd degrees. In the example: You can only have an even number of "rooms" with an odd number of doors, since each door is counted in two rooms).

Also
>hamilton cycle

No! It's called Eulerian trail or circuit, dad!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eulerian_path

>path

poor wikipedia.