/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horological technology, pocket watches, clocks, and non-shitter wrist watches.

Leviticus 20:13 edition:
>If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

PREVIOUS THREAD: Required viewing for homosexuals:
youtube.com/watch?v=q___XnRC-XE

Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=DSX-WMf5HqHk0gLgoZbICA&q=orient star&oq=orient star&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3..41l2j0l3.1472.4418.0.4902.14.9.1.4.4.0.134.1061.0j9.9.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-img..0.14.1108.3.XgOr0wLCqzA
amazon.co.uk/Zacro-Spring-Remover-Repair-Watchmakers/dp/B06WW2HSR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1493050828&sr=1-1&nodeID=328228011&psd=1&keywords=spring bar tool
good-stuffs.com/products_byprice_20-1-1.html
good-stuffs.com/Smaller-35mm-Bauhaus-hand-winding-mechanical-watch-Sea-Gull-ST17-modified_p_310.html
aliexpress.com/item/Men-Luxury-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-Self-Wind-Milgausses-Mechanical-Steel-Strap-Lightning-Orange-Hand-36mm/32799963564.html?
jomashop.com/tissot-t-classic-mens-watch-t52142113.html
ebay.de/itm/152512936891
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first post

First for anti-HOMOS-shill

USPS is screwing with me

R8

What is wrong with quartz?

I bought a small watch with a flat crystal. Is it possible to replace the crystal with a domed one? What do I need to do to order the correct dimensions?

It's cheap to produce and so usually only ends up in mall tier shit with piss poor finishing and terrible design.
High end Quartz like some of the Grand Seiko line are held in quite high regard here.

>not stainless steel
You done goofed. That said, it's fine, but it's a gadget and not a watch. It will be in a landfill before even a cheap Timex dies.

what are some affordable bauhaus brands?

Thanks for giving me a decent answer instead of telling my to kill myself.

But what is the best digital only watch?

Nice! I suggest you have a new strap ready for it because the one it comes with is genuinely awful.

Nothing inherently, although cheap Chinese quartz are not good, and a good quartz will piss off nostalgiafags who can't handle the fact that their shit-tier mechanical movement is objectively inferior in every meaningful way.

junkers
f105w, gshock

>stop liking what i don't like: The Post 2000+17 edition

zeitwerk

Case in point, this faggot here
>strawman

yes
measure it

Casio's GWM5610-1 is a pretty good all digital.

I don't someone posted it with a metal bracelet which I quite liked. I've never done anything with watches apart from worn them, is it hard to change?

no, get a spring bar tool and go to town

Just because Ferraris are gas guzzlers does not mean they are inferior.

Is Archie growing horns?

Ruhla, Junghans

i'll check them out

hi /wt/,

Huge novice on watches and currently am looking for an Automatic watch for ~$1k. Preference for something dressy enough to wear formal but casual enough to wear a lot.

What would you recommend me? I'm currently looking at this.

Have you look at Orient Star? Much better price/performance ratio

google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=DSX-WMf5HqHk0gLgoZbICA&q=orient star&oq=orient star&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3..41l2j0l3.1472.4418.0.4902.14.9.1.4.4.0.134.1061.0j9.9.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-img..0.14.1108.3.XgOr0wLCqzA

I would look for vintage Omega, Zenith or (if you're willing to go up a little more) a vintage Rolex.

You're shopping at a price point that really is almost 100% pure dogshit.

>frederique constant
>dogshit

Yea I've been thinking about getting a metal bracelet too. Seen some solid SS ones for about $70 that I like.

Like the other user said it's pretty easy to do. Just get a springbar tool and it takes a few seconds to swap straps.

Yes, choose both.

AFFORDABLE LUXURY

Something like this alright? Or should I spend more for better quality?

amazon.co.uk/Zacro-Spring-Remover-Repair-Watchmakers/dp/B06WW2HSR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1493050828&sr=1-1&nodeID=328228011&psd=1&keywords=spring bar tool

Where would you recommend I look for vintage watches? Any sellers you would suggest?

Your watch isn't a Ferrari nor is it analogous to one in this case you delusional goober

I'm not sure why I like this watch, because I usually detest Breitlings.

Woops.

By mad, this was for:

Any specific Orient Star watches you recommend for that price?

A watch is a luxury in of itself. Goyim do not deserve the means to tell time.

you have $1 from china and $12 swiss ones, and everything in between. i bought a $1 one and it broke.
i wish i just bought a bergeon 6767f in the first place. but as long as the tips are steel you should be fine (the chink ones are pot metal)

because it's a popular design probably.
i don't like it myself. the only breitlings i like are the ana digi quartzes.

He's right. Uninteresting and bland shit watches.

He could also go Sinn, but they're just not very dressy.

click on the link and pick one, guaranteed under $1000 if bought anywhere but orientwatchusa

Rolex forums, Omega forums, Crown and Caliber, Chrono24 (only look for reputable dealers), Beckertime, are a few good options to look at.

Recommend me a nice watch to give my gf(male) on her birthday.

homos

Can't without budget.

good-stuffs.com/products_byprice_20-1-1.html

>vintage Heuer automatic chronographs are more expensive than used and even some new TAG Heuer automatic chronographs
Motherfuckers, I'll never own a 70's Heuer.

That is one butt-ugly watch.

yeah you're late to the party

you've got mail

That image has enough errors and omissions to be straight up bait.

In that price range I would seriously look at the Seiko Presage enameled dial models, as well as the Seiko SARX033 or SARX035

They are. They are a fake in-house, fake heritage brand with totally derivative styling. They are to classical Swiss watch aesthetics exactly what Christopher Ward are to modern Swiss watch aesthetics

>People all hate vintage cars because they don't have the fuel efficiency and comfort of modern cars
>Oh wait.

>I usually detest Brietlings
>But like the literal definitive example of their aesthetics
What could he have intended to convey with such a display?

>what-did-he-mean-by-this/anime-face-poster
For some reason that I can't precisely or logically describe, you are my least favorite person in /wt/

I meant exactly what I described in the post.
I can't describe why I like the specified model, even though I usually do not like models for Breitling.

>Recommendations?

That you leave.

Denzel Washington

>quartz
>dress watch
Does not compute.

A quartz dress watch without a second hand isn't so bad.

Their designer is due for retirement.

Bit rude, fellas. Surely you aren't so snobbish that you think the movement determines whether or not something is aesthetically pleasing.
>inb4 they're correlated and the average == all with no exceptions

>quartz
>dress

>dress
>gaudy bauhaus

In all seriousness pick a citizen eco drive that you like. Their dress watch designs are uninspired but solid.

Mechanical 35mm

good-stuffs.com/Smaller-35mm-Bauhaus-hand-winding-mechanical-watch-Sea-Gull-ST17-modified_p_310.html

Is that someone's deteriorating mental health? Depressing.

Specifically looking for quartz, although I appreciate your recommendation. I'll def pick up one of those at some point.

>quartz
>dress watch

Also thin af.
Pic marginally related.

that's the joke

Looks cool but has a very LEGO aesthetic

Fucking Scandinavians

Thanks, can you recommend any specific models or point me toward something with a good search function (inb4 google)? There seem to be quite a few eco-drive models

Meant for

>Scandinavians
switzerland isn't scandinavia

Sorry I have no fucking clue. Yes there are a shitload of models, the good news is that they're pretty much all well constructed so just find one you like.

>current year
>"""swiss"""

Oh ok, but the people strike me as quite genetically similar

Where do other eurocucks send their imported SARB to be serviced/have the movement adjusted?

>Nederfag here

Are you actually retarded?
Like.. Did you really think Switzerland was in Scandinavia?

>Specifically looking for quartz

aliexpress.com/item/Men-Luxury-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-Self-Wind-Milgausses-Mechanical-Steel-Strap-Lightning-Orange-Hand-36mm/32799963564.html?

I think it's just examples of different levels of dementia.

I didn't know Mondaine was Swiss you dense cunt. Stop being a know-it-all, snowflake—nobody gives a shit. Grow up.

>you dense cunt.
>Stop being a know-it-all
>snowflake
>nobody gives a shit.
Tells somebody else to grow up.

Tissot makes a watch that fits your criteria I believe.

jomashop.com/tissot-t-classic-mens-watch-t52142113.html

you have to go back, nigger

looks nice desu

A-anyone? ;_;

is the samsung gear s3 worth it?

Reddit has taste sometimes. The dial is beautiful.

Do we even have a single Eurocuck with a 6r15 powered Seiko here? I don't think so at the moment.

>6r15
Why couldn't they just make it 28,800 bph

What a failure

ebay.de/itm/152512936891

Or just let Seiko use the now Credor exclusive 4s15.