Best tablet for note taking?

Needs a stylus,and be able to be chaged via usbc or microsub for my battery pack.
please help

Other urls found in this thread:

wacom.com/en-dk/products/pen-computers/wacom-mobilestudio-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

www.aliexpress.com

Surface Pro 4 core m3 it's $600

it's pretty big for reading on a tablet

No it's just about fine little bit over 12 inches

According to my search surface 3. I find one use on eBay for 250.

yeah but there has to be other tablets like the surface out there.

nope. Dell make a tablet with digitizer support but you need to get the pen and I think it runs a gimped version of windows. Every other option is just crappy android tablets and the Shield tablet which is still crappy.

I need to use onenote or a similar program for class. I can't use Paper and pencil

You cant just use a pencil and paper because?

>not this

Class requires not to.

Now that we got that out of the way, can any anons help?
fuck I'm looking into it but I need something like the surface 3. could be smaller or similar size but needs a jack for power bank

>Class requires no pencil and paper
Lies and slander. If your class didn't want you using a pencil they wouldn't want you using a digitizer/stylus either. Your best option is just google drive + keyboard

Class requires a tablet? Wtf kind of Jew-infested major are you pursuing user?

To answer your question, the surface pro 3 and 4 are both great and meet your needs.

Please stop going off topic I need a tablet that is good with a stylus, can take notes effectively and charges via usb C or microusb

Opinions on Baron Fig's Codex and any other manual-scan-digital note taking systems? Tedious and too much work? Just get a tablet?

Can't you just write notes on paper and then take a picture of the paper with your phone?

>and I think it runs a gimped version of windows
You think wrong.

Wacom has one, though it's not entirely like the Surface. wacom.com/en-dk/products/pen-computers/wacom-mobilestudio-pro

There are non you mong. Styli are shit at note taking. Either use a keyboard or a pen and pencil.

Use an echo smartpen. That way your technically using a digitizer

>There are non you mong. Styli are shit at note taking. Either use a keyboard or a pen and pencil.

what is surface 3

needs to be a tablet user, could be windows or android

Get a chrome book, remove the keyboard then just upload your smartpen data into it

The iPad is the best note taking tablet. But obviously doesn't have USB-C or micro USB

are there chrome book 2 in 1s?

A meme that never worked as intended from what I observed of my engineering friends attempts to use it for note taking.

Friend of mine had one. Used it for that. It's really well built and the handwriting is really accurate.

thanks user

iPad, seriously the touch screen on them are great and use Onenote

>not getting a thinkpad transnote
smhtbhfamalam

are the samsung tabs any good

Please don't use OneNote. It's shit.

If you're going to use shit like OneNote, you might as well get a Surface. iOS has much better note taking apps.

whats wrong with onenote

Surface studio

something that is portable

>being a manlet

stylus on SP4 is useless for notetaking so I can only imagine how shit it would be on a Surface 3.

Well then I'm looking for an alternative tablet

google drive+keyboard?

>not buying a used Thinkpad tablet PC

My X200 tablet PC got me through my last years in university.

Xperia play

Think pad t420-i masterace

>My X200 tablet PC got me through my last years in university.
pls I need some feedback on tablet thinkpads
also whats your case, looks really comfy.

the batteries on those are expensive

>pls I need some feedback on tablet thinkpads

They are decent, the stylus is very good for notetaking, but it's quite a lot heavier than a normal tablet for toilet/bed browsing. I'm not sure how good finger touch is on the X220 tablet PC, though.

Also, the case is a mini-ITX SilverStone Sugo Series SG05BB.

If your instructors zoom through the notes so fast that you can't write info down on physical paper, and don't give you skeleton notes or a physical coursepack you should probably leave the school and go to a better one.

Don't make the same mistake I did getting the x220t. It's a good laptop but a shitty tablet. It touch response is slow, it does detect stylus if you write near the edge of screen, and it bulky don't expect to use it like tablet.

Acer Switch Alpha

Then toss it after 4 years.

New samsung chrome tablets are coming, iirc.

I'm using an old 2014 note 10.1 running android 7.1. It works okayish for note taking, I made some paper look-a-like pdfs with margins and just write on them using adobe acrobat on android. Cheap, portable, fits my needs for now.

I dislike onenote's needs for ms account and syncing stuff. Writing notes with onenote is superior experience, though. I've had surface pro 2 and 3, yoga 260 and now I usually just keep my samsung tablet with me because its light and I can recharge it with any microusb.

Can confirm

Engineer major here and I've gone back to paper pencil

No tilt support, there cap, it's fucking useless.

this, pens and laptops are for gear queers

which size is the best 8" or 10"?

>I'm not sure but jewgle this.
Huawei Mediapad M2: 10", has stylus. Dunno about the 8" version.

>OP asks for tablets
>Get 2-1 recs

Here OP:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S-Pen
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (comes with S-pen)
iPad Pro 9.7 + Apple pencil

Samsung Tabs comes with Microsoft Suite for Android pre installed. I have the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 with S-pen, is pretty handy for note taking (shame about screen resolution). I would recomend a cheap Bamboo pen for extended periods of time

if you're a cg illustrator or something like that it'd make sense.

if it's just for writing seems a bit overkill

Worst part is now I'm stuck with this shite

Could have got some fancy Thinkpad. At least the book has a 940m

is it not windows RT?

Thanks anons. I'll look into these.

Why the shit would it be Windows RT ? That doesn't even exist anymore.
The Surface clone Dell just recently released is an x86 tablet running Windows 10, just like the Surface.

Are you ready for this brilliance? Do what I do.

Write notes by hand on paper. It's 100x easier and feels 100x better.
Then either take a picture of scan your notes into a computer and put them locally on your device or into cloud storage and organize them all by subjects and topic.

Especially if you're in a class where a professor lectures quickly, you won't be able to keep up on a tablet and schematics and organization won't ever be as good as something on a paper with any lines.

Buy a Nexus 7 or something and an Engineering Tablet and a couple of pens and pencils. Seriously, it will make your life so much easier.

cant use pen and paper it
s been discussed already in htis topic

I refuse to believe a professor would let students take notes on a computer but not with paper. That's literally retarded.
I know professors who don't allow electronics but do allow paper. Which makes some sense.

If there's someone that autistic teaching then you need to switch professors or talk to someone higher up about it because I'm sure a Dean somewhere would not be pleased.

pen paper is the only viable option

Not allowed so I'm looking for a decent tablet .

change course, a retard like that shouldn't even be teaching anyone

I find that really hard to believe. If anything it should be the other way, no electronics devices during lecture. Are you allowed to use your tablet during exams too?

Any other recs other than the pen and paper meme?

Typewriter?

Love my SP3, would recommend. Just make sure whatever you buy doesn't ave a Simplo battery

It's great for reading textbooks and comics

Nothing. He's probably using the gimped version instead of the one that comes with Office 365

Can't make giant, seamless diagrams and flowcharts with pen and paper

>Simplo battery

how do i check

Generate a battery report in an elevated command prompt session
powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html"

Stop being a fag, there's literally no reason to not allow students to use pen and paper, stop lying.
Just tell us the truth, that you actually suck massive cocks and want to look fancy with a tablet and you might actually get real responses.

Who cares about his reason, if he needs help getting a good tablet then so be it.

Try out the Chromebook pro from samsung, it's USB typeC and works well as both a tablet and a laptop fro taking notes. Google play apps also work with it