Do programmers with 2 years experience copy and paste code?

Do programmers with 2 years experience copy and paste code?

Most programmers cut and paste code: FACT. In a professional environment there is no such thing as copy/pasting, we call that "asset reuse".

They might find a previous project or something online and copy/paste it exactly or copy/paste and make changes to it. I think this practice is typically fine. This is especially good when it is proven code.

Where this can be bad, is when you are copying code that you don't understand, or where the code is poor, or where there is a much better alternative solution than the code that you are pasting.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-03/new-h-1b-guidelines-crack-down-on-computer-programmer-jobs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is even the point of this thread? I've been programming for 20 years, I copy and paste code every day. From my own code, from google, from internal company code.

Copy pasting GPL code into a non-free project is literally illegal.

Sup Forums likes to claim that only Indians copy code

Good luck winning in court.

That milf is making me diamonds

ITT pajeets

Pajeet pls

code monkeys copy an paste code they don't understand from stack exchange into their unmaintainable dumpster fire of a codebase

A sentient programmer will take fragments of code (or just the strategies or design patterns) from multiple sources and synthesize them into a solution to whatever problem they're trying to solve.

>Racemixing is wr-

Well you don't need to copy if the only thing you program is fizzbuzz and hello world

tfw google ceo with $100 million salary is pajeet.

First of all kids at high school copy and paste and scientists at NASA copy and paste. It has nothing to do with the years of experience.

All you need to know is how to customize the code you copy and where to paste it.

I am a software engineer with four years of work experience and copy paste helped me in the following ways:

>Helped me not to re-invent the wheel. Quick sort, copy and paste the subroutine instead of writing it. Or use the inbuilt function as in STL c++.

>Increased efficiency & reduced bug count.

>Saves your time so you can post on Sup Forums about meme keyboards and watches.

for you

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-03/new-h-1b-guidelines-crack-down-on-computer-programmer-jobs

goodbye, pajeet

No it's not. You just can't distribute it without releasing it under the same license terms. Protip: cloud/SaaS software is not considered distribution since the software stays on the server.

Most pro coding shops I've been in use interns during the college breaks to code up frequently-used/industry-specific sub-routines etc under the direction of the systems analysts. These are kept in production libraries for the programmers who then glue them together as required.
Very little is written as original code. Just Lego coding. Fast and cheap.

Really the only people who shouldn't be copypasting are those that aren't understanding what the fuck they're copying or why it works. Just pasting shit in, having it work, and then moving on is horrendous and will cost you a LOT of time later on.
The meme
>omg i just copypasted something and it just worked and i have no idea xD im such a progamr
is cancerous shit, I think pinterest ceo recently made such statement

For everyone else it's pretty mandatory.

The AGPL license would like to have a word with you.

a company will have code standards and practices to prevent people from just blatantly copying shit from the internet. they have to at least look through it and change stuff.

It's not stealing

Most of Sup Forums doesn't even code, but gets triggered when you call it coding. They cringe at the word "app", but haven't ever written and deployed one.

Sup Forums is full of faggots that even script kiddies would look down on. Basically Sup Forums, PC edition.

Fuck Sup Forums