Just got a macbook air

Just got a macbook air
>crazy long battery
>i5 8GB RAM
>on sale $200 off
>Great linux drivers
>lightweight

Is the anti-Mac thing a meme? I quite like this little notebook, but hey that's just me.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm typing this on a macbook air and I think you're a huge faggot.

You're both massive fucking faggots. If I knew where you lived I'd beat the shit out of you and torture you until you begged for death. Then I'd rape and torture you're family members in front of you before taking a real nasty whiskey shit on you and leaving you to starve to death. Fucking pathetic little faggots

dont forget to test for aids every month for all the gay sex your boipussy is gonna get

Wow how edgy.

Good luck with the 8th grade

I don't understand the correlation between homosexuality and apple products, or the contraction of aids and apple products. Perhaps there's a study you can point me to?

>Soldered RAM
>Proprietary SSD
>Poor port selection
>Awful screen, both 768p and 900p are a joke
The MBA was Apple's worst machine before they made the Macbook.

I got a MacBook Air last year, and got an iPad mini and iPhone SE shortly thereafter. It Just Works (TM) is not a meme, especially when combined with Common Sense (TM). This is about the most comfy computing setups I've ever had. I only wish I got the higher storage models. But so far, the setup works for me. My work is mostly online, so I can get by using Chrome and Safari just fine. For the other programs that I use, like GIMP, gedit, Spotify, and various office programs, they are all readily available for Mac OS. Not to mention, a lot of the default programs and apps are extremely useful and far better than anything on Windows. I wish I could have made this switch sooner. Although I still miss Windows from time to time (Windows 7 in particular, because Windows 8 and Windows 10 are cancer). I wouldn't want to leave the Mac ecosystem but now I know how I can get the best of all worlds.

You forgot the shit iGPU.

>It just works
>with Common Sense

No shit. most things "just work" if you use common sense.

Dont be stupid, you know what I mean. Macs Just Work with each other first and foremost, and then most everything on it works perfect right out of the box as well.

*Laughs with MacBook Pro Retina*

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>The quality of anti mac posts
Half this shit isn't even true

I had a 2014 MBA, really really nice. I ended up trading my wife because she had a windows laptop that was chock full of bloatware that she had bought at the same time as my mac. So I installed Linux and said goodbye to the beauty.

I plan on keeping that machine for when she needs a new one, and just installing linux on it. It's pretty good hardware, and really really light.

>Is the anti-Mac thing a meme
New? No
Used and not running crapOS? Yes

I bought an older 2010 model MBA for $80. Pretty comfy little laptop for basic tasks and shitposting

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
Every laptop has that

>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
We are talking about air, not mac book or pro

>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
They wanted it 2 last 12H

>retina meme for "pros" have have blurry as shit retina meme scaling
None

>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade
It's exclusively for note 7s stop the bs.

>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
Yes you can

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
Who cares?

>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
OMG I WANT MAH NOISE

These things are the most anal subjective things in the world

Tbqh, I was on Sup Forums many years ago back when Apple truly was asking for a lot of money for underpowered and overpriced pieces of shit. That was when the MacBook Air was not a thing, the MacBook was just coming into its own, and it wasn't the world's biggest smartphone manufacturer. Back then, PCs really had a stronghold on the computing market. But now, Apple has really matured. Although they are slowly fucking things up on the software side, especially since they are being swayed by the power of iPhone/iOS on their bottom line. Right now, you'd have to be a closed-minded bigot to not accept the benefits and many advantages that the Apple ecosystem holds over its Android and PC counterparts. PC has gone to shit and the Android experience leaves a whole lot to be desired. I wish things were better because I enjoyed the freedom I had back when I had a used ThinkPad running some version of Linux and a Windows laptop, but now that I'm grown I need more than freedom and power, I need stability and security. Mac and iOS give me that. So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it given that it fits the needs of any particular person.

its for shitters that want the os and build without paying for it. its their best selling machine by a mile but theyll go to middle earth and back to conceal that.

its not a bad machine, i just couldnt possibly justify not paying the extra few hundred for retina and more meat.

1440 x 900

wow you paid for that

wheres illya poster she should be here by now