Do cell phones cause cancer? Is there any plausible way for micro waves, radio waves...

Do cell phones cause cancer? Is there any plausible way for micro waves, radio waves, or infrared waves to cause cancer in any amount or location?

maybe

i dunno

Exposure to anything too long will cause some kind of illness or cancer.
Chemicals, enviroment, dusts particles, sunlights etc.

It's no supprised wifi or mobile phone causes cancer because they're the same spectrum line of radiowaves, just different intensity.

I don't believe they do
source: worked at BlackBerry, had my head stuck in RF chambers next to comm testers broadcasting at max power. I'm fine.

No. Retards that perpetuate this fact should be euthanized. You are constantly bombarded by light of the same wavelength from the sun from the moment you're born until you're die.

You get more radiation taking a flight from CA to NY than 30 years simultaneous cell phone usage.

Sunlight causes cancer though......

no, its fucking radio waves bro

how on earth could they cause canner?

There's no evidence of it. We've had cellphones for years, we'd have picked up a correlation by now if they did.

That's not a worthwhile argument. UV light is radio waves too. As are AM and FM waves

Hey Aldi bro, you guys reslot your store yet?

Yes and no.

See, the thing most people fuck up on is literally everything can and will cause cancer given time.

the best way to look at it is background radiation, 1 days worth is around the same amount as driving 1000 miles on the road, roughly the same risk of death. Unless the radiation is enough to poison you, you are pretty much safe. also the different types of radiation, much of which just bounces off our skin.

It's a different frequency. It's like comparing an earthquake to someone jiggling the table.

Cancer is basically coded into my genes thanks to my mom and her bloodline (cancer all the fucking way up, though not always terminal) so I really don't care if they do.

>I'm fine
for now

Tfw literally nobody in my family gets cancer

You're exposed to more radiation of a very similar frequency from a microwave oven than you are in a cell phone. Way more. Even with all that shielding, there's still way more leaking out of a microwave than a cell phone, and we've had microwave ovens for decades longer than cellphones.

FYI, a microwave oven operates around 2450 MHz. Similar to WiFi (which no one is complaining about), and very close to the AWS spectrum (which goes up to 2195 MHz with AWS-3; in the US, Verizon, T-Mo, and AT&T all use it), and overlaps with AT&T's WCS band (2300 MHz, not implemented in the US yet).

I doubt it, but I was diagnosed with brain cancer last year so what do I know

>Similar to WiFi (which no one is complaining about)
I wish. Do a search for wifi allergy or electromagnetic hypersensitivity and tell me about your faith in the future of the human race.

isn't cancer a step up in evolution, since cancer cells don't age and die? and worthless human cells are weak and mortal and there's a finite number to how many times they can divide
the key to immortality is harnessing the power of cancer
either that, or anime is fiction and not real

Look up ionizing vs non ionizing radiation. It's the difference in bouncing off skin vs knocking holes in DNA and cancering your shit up

No, evolution is determined by if the mutation is able to survive and procreate. Preferably survive and procreate more often than non-mutated specimens.

Cancer makes you less likely to survive and procreate. So it's not the next step in evolution.

If we could learn something from cancer and forced some form of controlled evolution, then it could be part of it.

>forced some form of controlled evolution
exactly
cancer cells divide indefinitely, even if they are not immortal, they outlast human cells and don't degrade as quick, if at all

>microwaves
At a high enough power
>radio waves
At a high enough power
>infrared waves
At a high enough power

Mind you, at the power levels required you would actively feel the effects, so no. Cellphones don't cause cancer.

>Is there any plausible way for micro waves
Microwaves cook you alive

Can the power from dozens of cell phones inside of a train car accumulate and be powerful enough to cause cancer if you're there for hours and hours, like three days?

It is literally impossible for the radiation from phones to cause cancer

You're more likely to get cancer from a flashlight

electromagnetic radiation below UV and visible light levels can only heat cells, they wont cause cancer no matter how much exposure you get

No.
Maybe if you had like 100,000.

so does the sun
and one billion bananas

This. You always get exposed to something. You can reduce it, but it is how your genes handle it.

Not even if it's continuous for days straight??? How can't it?

>tfw live right next to cell tower

>non-ionizing radiation somehow capable of modifying tissue despite no effect of such kind ever demonstrated

I can't believe you would even ask such a question. Go read a high school science textbook you fucking monkey.

do not keep PC on the desk.
it will radiate you!!

because working in on the farm would've killed humanity, you realize UV radiation is x1000 stronger than 100000 cellphones?

No.

>Microwave
No, never
>radio waves
No, never
>Infrareded
No, never

>Gamma
Yes
>Gamma
Yes

Learn the fucking difference

Because it is low power radiation that doesn't have accumulative effects like high power radiation.

how long is earth core will keeps active again?
when that dies it's gonna be fun, if humanity even survives that long

I am pretty sure that it is fairly well proven now that the heating of cells can cause cancers, the problem is that you have to heat the cells quite a bit (more than body temperature fluctuation) to cause it (or else people would be getting a lot more cancers) so you need a lot more power, at which point you're going to start noticing things.

Ionising radiation causes cancer because it can actually rip electrons off atoms, which causes all sorts of problems.

65C and cells start to break up. some chain reaction there after that goes into cancer?

boiling water burns would've killed half human race with skin cancer at this point on the second thought

Cellphones don't cause cancer, but they do make the transmission of cancer from other people more efficient.

Oh yeah, and you have to remember that ionising radiation isn't the ONLY way you get cancer. It's just bad to treat all radiation as equal because they are very different things that interact with matter differently.
Non-ionising radiation will not cause atoms in your cells to lose electrons, but it can affect your cells in other ways, like heating.

Question is have you undertaken a study into burn victims and cancers in later life?
There might be a correlation. Are you discounting it just because it hasn't been done? It just means that we don't know, not that it isn't there.

Not correct. Radiation of certain wavelengths can pass through solid bodies without interacting with them, having no effect over them. Cosmic radiation can pass right through the Earth. Radio wavelengths do no harm to human tissue afaik.

i'm pretty sure 100%(except infants) of humanity got burned by something at least twice in their life

>(((science textbook)))
good goy, the phones are perfectly safe

We are also constantly exposed to small amounts of ionising radiation and we don't all have cancer yet.

no, they're both electromagnetic waves but completely different wavelengths/energy levels.

the highest energy radio wave (by definition) with a wavelength of 1 mm has an energy of 0.00124 eV, the energy of the UV-light which is absorbed by DNA and thus can cause skin cancer has a wavelength of 255 nm and an energy level of about 4.9 eV. the energy levels differ by a factor of almost 4000.

that's why it's completely implausible to get cancer by radio waves. they simply do not carry enough energy to ionize anything.

Yet it isn't even ionizing, no? The only thing microwaves can ever do to you is cause regular old thermal burns.

You could get hit with a deluge of anything from radio waves to violet light and not ever have problems, given that it's not a specific frequency that does stuff like jostle water around.

>It's no supprised wifi or mobile phone causes cancer because they're the same spectrum line of radiowaves, just different intensity.

There's no evidence whatsoever of wifi, cellphones, or other radio sources causing cancer.

Pretty much EVERYONE gets cancer if they live long enough. Age is by far the largest risk factor.

Why we got all this cancer fear mongering? Is it just a side effect of being able to detect cancer?
Do people fear that death from cancer is "unnatural" unlike "natural" death?

People fear that cancer deaths are something that should be treatable, and are quite often horrible to experience.

While it's true that wavelengths used by phones are not energetic enough to ionize your DNA the way UV and XRays do but that doesn't mean they cant be cancer causing.

The initial concerns were about low levels of heating inside the brain when holding the phone up to your ear. This has been not super conclusive and rendered nearly moot now by the way usage patterns have shifted.

The newer worry is over oxidative stress. Rats exposed to low dose radiation in the hundreds to thousands of MHz band show significant increases in mortality from oxidative stress induced cancer.

Theres also a small amount of evidence for reduced fertility in men when carrying phones in pockets.

The effects are all small and testing is usually done at "worst case" or beyond intensities and durations. All in all the evidence is not super concerning but I'm not going to make a habit of using my phone as a pillow.

And the people in this thread who give a definitive answer and then a lame invented justification like " you get 10x more in a plane duh" should think real hard about whether they are the informed citizens they think they are.

Phones in general can cause cancer,but not because of rf.
It's because of the stress caused by talking to people.

>rice pudding 89¢
Where is this? What store as well?

Isn't aldi a yuro thing?
I see $ and ¢ and those prices are not what I'm used to when I go to publix

Forgive my ignorance, but this is the first time I hear that there is a causal relationship between cancer and stress. Can you share any studies about the topic?

t. someone with an extremely stressful life

Because cancer is a "disease" ? Do we have remotely successful cases of averting cancer?
What if all deaths are just result of one type of cancer or another?

It shouldn't. However I agree with using cell phones for smaller amounts of time for other reasons.

Aldi is German but spread internationally.

The treatment is horrible.

UV is non ionizing and causes cancer.

No, but you have to consider that since mobiles have become mainstream, no one has lived a full human lifespan.

If someone was conceived when the first mobile phones were first used, they're only going to be in their early 30's. Even then, it's unlikely they were around them until later on in life when mobiles became more popular.

It won't be until we have late 90's and early 2000's kids turn 60 and 70 to see if there are any long term effects

Matter blocks sunlight (UV) though...

No.

How would you even be able to tell if there's a long term effect? Old people get sick and die all the time. It's because they're fucking old.

People fear death.

Population studies and a boatload of statistics. Although there are a gazillion confounding variables, we have billions of people who will have lived in various circumstances regarding radio waves and wireless technology. With enough samples we could possibly make some inferences. I know it sounds fishy but that's what happens when you can't run controlled experiments.

Everything causes cancer. Overcooking your fries causes cancer.

Stop worrying about that shit.

Cells in your body cause cancer. Not cell phones.

No cell phones dont cause cells to develop cancer either for all we know, even if much stronger and different wavelenght SUNLIGHT does. Stay out of the sun, mkay?

As you say, there are a gazillion confounding variables. There's no way to sort something so specific out except if it has a strong, noticeable effect like asbestos.

The fact that we don't see an asbestos-like pattern is proof enough for me.

>I'm fine
>posts on Sup Forums
Choose one.

I have cancer

UV is ionising you retard.

>non-ionizing radiation somehow capable of modifying tissue despite no effect of such kind ever demonstrated
Not saying that it's cancer but the tissue of my steak is definitely modified after a few minutes in the microwave oven. (By the heat caused by the irradiation)

correct

radio isn't ionizing numbnuts

do you guys know what causes cancer? then how can you say definitively what waves are harmful.

It's 90's again?

>do you guys know what causes cancer?
It pretty much comes down to DNA mutations and degradation in the DNA repair mechanisms of the cell.

This

What is MORE dangerous? Cosmic radiation from several hours on a plane or the microwaves from dozens of phones in a train car for multiple days straight?

everything causes cancer, so go to another planet or kill yourself

>he steps outside
LEL ENJOY YOUR CANCER
>he gets on a plane
LEL ENJOY YOUR CANCER
>he breathes air
LEL ENJOY YOUR CANCER

>Tfw nobody can answer this for me

I've been thinking about it for a week and don't k ow enough about this stuff to figure it out. Cosmic radiation IS cancerous and we know that for a fact, but only at high doses. The radiation that cell phones emit, people are claiming cause cancer but others claim the energy isn't high enough. Could 100 cell phones in a train car reflect all of their microwave radiation into you and cause cancer? Is it MORE dangerous than flying on a plane?

>Retards that perpetuate this fact should be euthanized
>fact
Let me guess: You're one of those people who disregard facts that trigger you.

The harmful Cosmic radiation is gamma and xrays tho

no it wont
dont walk around chernobyl and fukushima and your risk of getting cancer is "normal"

this is true, most people would feel better longer if they just didn't undergo treatment. which sounds fucked up but is true. Especially if you have anything pancreas that isn't like, first baby stage, you may as well give up and live well for a year or two.

Equivalent to a chest x ray over several hours, I know, but are loads and loads of phones being used at once and you are exposed to that for 48 hours straight on a long train ride enough to be equivalent to several hours on a plane?

>Cosmic radiation IS cancerous and we know that for a fact, but only at high doses
Actually, there's no safe limit for high-powered radiation like cosmic rays and gamma radiation. It's only a question of what you consider an acceptable risk.

That's microwaves, which are non ionizing

But they cause cataracts and affect cell proteins which causes cancer, so you're wrong

We would see cancer rates increase from 1975+ from CT scan use, but we haven't because it is safe at low levels.

I think I will trust scientists over fat virgin neckbeads.

>tumor in heart
Humans don't get those.

expects lots of you faggots to get testicular cancer. not like you were using them anyways