Be IT

>Be IT
>Get promoted to network admin because current admin isn't even as good as me with computers
>Shadow the owner whos a pro at networking
>I already know my way around networking quite well
>Accidentally forgot to ring in a 600 dollar cash sale that I had sold
>Supposed to log all cash sales through square
>Got sent home for 2 days no pay for this

I feel like this punishment is kind of cruel especially since I need the money. Anyone else have a situation like this? I had a lot of work to do and would've made my boss a ton of money. Why is he so pissed? It's not like any money is missing...

What kind of sketchy lowlife store do you work at? Is this shit even legal?

> network admin
> 600 dollar cash sale that I had sold
What the fuck?

There is a front end store and I normally help clients with items and give suggestions to sell computers. Normally I do this because I was just the regular senior technician and when a client walks into the store I need to assist that person in purchasing what they need.

I got upgraded to a network admin position a day or 2 ago but if I am in the tech pit and nobody is in the office then I will assist that client.

So youre not an network admin, you just work at gamestop?

what the fuck is it that makes you retards think a thread about your job belongs on the technology board? fuck off

No I assist a lot of businesses with their networking issues and often go out onsite to assist. I was also given the title of network administrator. But not in the sense of a dedicated network admin for a single company but for multiple companies.

so you go to a store and help them with their network and if a customer walks into the store you go and help them even thought you dont work there?

we have a front end store, and when I am not out onsite I can assist customers while I am in the store.

It should be illegal to take advantage of the retarded like that

bump

>$600 cash sale
Nigger do you work in a pawn shop or something? Third world country maybe?

Uh what kind of cash sales are you making as a network admin?

So you're geek squad

got it

more like fix geek squad's fuckups.

I just got promoted 2 days ago. Though I still come into a retail store to work -- we often go out to business clients to assist them with network problems.

How can you be a network admin if you don't have a network to administer?

>I feel like this punishment is kind of cruel especially since I need the money. Anyone else have a situation like this? I had a lot of work to do and would've made my boss a ton of money. Why is he so pissed? It's not like any money is missing...

Employer here:

He is not pissed, he wants you to learn how to work without doing mistakes, if he were pissed he would fire you.

My recommendation is that you suck it up, forget the incident and be more careful with your job.

Occasionally going to someone's house to fix their router doesn't make you a network administrator.

If you're not Geek Squad, you're the bargain bin version for the computer store down the road from Best Buy trying desperately to survive.

We have multiple clients who pay us thousands to keep their network alive. So no... not the store desperately trying to survive.

I don't know I just feel like if I miss a full day worth of work I basically lose out on a bunch of pay due to bonuses I make from exceeding a certain amount of billing + hourly. All in all I'm losing a bunch of money by just loss of a day and a half.

If the business you work for is that big, be happy you didn't get shitcanned for not logging a $600 sale. Two day suspension is basically a slap on the wrist. Don't fuck up and you won't get punished.

I mean... it was logged through our system. just not through square. We have this needlessly complicated way of handling cash sales it just doesn't seem right. It's just that when I didn't ring it up it basically takes accounting a week to see the cash. Except they saw it right away because I documented the sale as being cash... just not logged in Square.

not technology discussion

>not biz discussion

bump

Youre not a netadmin you fucking retard.

Hey I'm a network admin too. Ask me anything.

MacBooks in the DC is the most common sight, just saying Sup Forums

> deal wit it

I coded good CSS programs for making site nice and network admin our wifi.

because it looks like you were trying to pocket the $600 you dumbass. Consider yourself lucky you're even still employed

>network admin
>doesn't understand basic rules and best practices surrounding a cash sale in a retail environment
>bumps useless thread
>demonstrably autistic/socially daft

I believe you actually are a network administrator, actually.

OP is one of those wankers who posts on Anandtech and Tom's Hardware about how his "clients" need this or that. What a fucking poofter.