Dell XPS 13 with Arch on it?

What do you think of this Laptop? I consider to buy myself this Laptop.
Any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_13_(9350)
tylerwatt12.com/dc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Strictly Arch or Arch in vm?

Striclty arch

read the arch wiki on it before you do anything

reminder

Can't turn off the autobrightness.

>Dell XPS 13
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_13_(9350)
looks like, everything is working fine
t

>arch linux

do you have this Laptop with arch on this installed?

That's what I use works great, super easy install.

yes you can

its a neat laptop but
keyboard is not great
touchpad is to large
it gets somewhat warm when charging and in semi load

youd be better off with a t460 or something

thats the skylake model, they now sell kaby lake
also some stuff might require some configuration to get working or you may need to boot windows tp update some firmware so its best you give it a read anyway

oh okay, i would not buy the touch model. But i'll have a look at the t460

>2017
>still falling for the linux meme
>not using windows 10

seriously dude what are you even doing? its free, gives you a nice performance boost and you'll run most software on it (like actual software that normal people use)

go and fuck yourself fag

if you want a Laptop that is totally monitoring you, you should install win 10

i dont have touch model as well but the mouse pad or whatever is called is to large

more of my blog follows
raise/lower volume keybinds dont always register and required some xbindkeysrc stuff
screen brightness keybinds sometimes register to my set +-5% and othertimes bios default i think probably need to add them to xbindkeysrc as well
its also UEFI and GPT keep in mind when installing

battery lasts a while though if your not doing anything demanding
easily that i can use the computer for 10 hours if im just writing code or text

>but you can't hack on windows

I kinda dislike that I can wake up and have win10 minecraft or whatever shitty app microsoft decides installed on my system

or that I turn off onedrive, only to have it appear again and again asking for update even though I disabled in in starting on boot

>Suggesting Windows 10
Windows 7 is superior in literally every way except for running a hilariously small list of games.

>linux in 2k17

jokes aside this guy is actually right. who the fuck actually need linux?

just deal with it fags, windows is the most powerful OS in the world and theres a good reason behind it. name one thing that windows cant do better than this pathetic system you call linux

>security

just install kaspersky or something you like. even kids can figure that part out, its not hard. most hackers cant even bypass the windows standard issue firewall so why even bother? ive been to numerous wireless hotspots in my city with my trusty windows 7 pc, and it still runs like a charm.

>usability

i laugh as you neckbeards keep typing weird lines no one can remember into your pathetic cmd just to open a damn file, just to find out you dont have the required drivers to access it.

this

No you can't. Just search "XPS 13 autobrightness" and find out for yourself.

i have not any problem with autibrightness

i didn't know there were any non-autistic people left on this board thank you

yeah most of the people use windows, because they just can't handle linux.
And for sure, in Windows there are more Backdoors than you have programms on your windows computer.

I know that windows is much more easier to use, but this does not mean that windows is better

>security
probably script kiddies can't, but professional hackers can

>just install kaspersky
aka "insert even more botnets in your greasy bumhole"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And you're also a tripfag
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You must be blind then.

tylerwatt12.com/dc/

Holy shit the samefag
I mean WINDOWS 7 is really great and Linux seems like a hassle for me as an average consumer.
But come on, Windows 10 is absolute shit and a direct downgrade. The interface is really worse with Cortana, the image display when you open the Windows start menu, the settings are fucked up, lack of control, the lock screen is shittier due to it appealing a 'phone setting' from which serves no purpose, privacy concerns (as they prove), settings side war is dumb as fuck, updates are forced like shit, and ultimately the aesthetic of it is not that appealing to me for some reason (maybe the neon shit and dumb 'facts' about the world crap).
Fuck Microsoft
I am sticking with W7 in my Ryzen build no matter what.

do you autistic piece of shit even know what a tripfag is? you need a fuckign TRIP for it nigger.

kys kiddo

>yeah most of the people use windows, because they just can't handle linux.
typing shit into a console isn't that hard you know, it's just what linuxusers like to believe
>And for sure, in Windows there are more Backdoors than you have programms on your windows computer.
linux is only considered so safe because nobody bothers writing programs for it
>probably script kiddies can't, but professional hackers can
and linux will stop your professional hackers? K. It's not as if it was about your fucking knowledge right?

Win7 is way better than 10 tho.

man you have no plan desu

judging from your bullet proof reasoning I can tell that you definitely know your shit

satan has spoken

>implying tripfagging is something bad

just buy texas instruments calculator and install your shit linucks on it. installing linux on a powerful computer is just retarded, you are literally wasting resources.

>buying ANY laptop of somewhat good spec to put arch in it

lol