/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Classic-Video-5th-Gen-U2-Special-Edition-Black-Red-256GB-Bundle-/142357606394?hash=item21252caffa:g:hnYAAOSwB-1Y7XXJ
pastebin.com/raw/gdxVU1Kr
tsssaver.1conan.com/
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can i make money over the internet?

I literally need to make only 10$ per day, is it possible?

I can't program but i have time and a fast internet connection.
In the last thread someone suggested me to try to resell hosting servers but is there anything else?

camwhoring

I need to upgrade from W10 Home to Pro.

Should I buy one of those shady keys on Amazon for $5 or pay the standard $160 price to Microsoft?

Open source image editing software that lets me add transparency to pngs (as in transparency to just part of the image, shit Paint saves as white) and add/edit color with blur to realize that ugly light border grays are ugly light border grays

:~> sudo guestmount -a sdv.qcow2 --inspector --ro /mnt/VirtHD
I have to use the file manager in Super User Mode in order to even see its contents.

How do I allow the user to at least read?

GIMP

Just try the $5 key, it's only $5

Or better yet, just pirate the damn thing

Family friendly videos on YouTube.

The glass (not the lens but the glass who protects it) from my phone's camera broke and now there's like a bubble in every shot like pic related to the left

What do? I don't care about the other glass but that bubble is annoying

Is this a good deal?
ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Classic-Video-5th-Gen-U2-Special-Edition-Black-Red-256GB-Bundle-/142357606394?hash=item21252caffa:g:hnYAAOSwB-1Y7XXJ

are "true wireless earbuds" in a place where they're not shit yet, and if so what is the most Sup Forums approved model? I've had jaybirds for like a year but I'm getting tired of it.

How to find my modem's gateway while i'm on my router's wifi connection?

Ps: I've tried wireshark but it shows my router's ip.

why does google chrome lags my considerably good pc to death?

>considerably goo
specs?

Buy a SSD

Use Opera

with 8 gigs of ram

>Only having 1 cpu

Like other user said, ssd helps. It shouldn't, but it does.
More ram will help a fair bit too.
A better CPU could help.

Otherwise just close tabs more often.

>4.5GB memory for a browser

because it's a shit browser? Buy some more ram or switch to opera or firefox.

welcome to 2017. Maybe FF uses less, but It will be slower.

What's the best and easiest way to use an LG Flatron W2243S monitor on newer computers? Getting a new computer soon and considering opting for a mobo with only HDMI and Display Port instead of one with DVI and HDMI, since both VGA and DVI are on their way out. I'm guessing I will need an active adapter for that, any recommended ones?

Are the sensors on gaming mice bad for your eyes? mine has adjustable weights and I was fiddling with them and my eyes are sore. Did I damage them?

>1080p movie playing
>entire project open in sublime
>15 tabs in FF
>discord
>only using 3 of 32gb

how is 4.5 solely for a browser legit?

Probably not as bad as staring at a monitor for 16 hours a day

So you're futureproofing your mobo but using a VGA monitor?

tabs in FF
That's not a lot.

Get something with the ports you need (DVI HDmi adapters work well though

Active adapters is a pain.

You'll be fine.

It needs to be a Class 2 laser device to damage your eyes, and most mice are either Class 1 or not laser at all (LEDs), so I wouldn't worry that much. It's likely you just cause mild irritation like when you stare at electric light for too long.

Surveys?

Okay. The website claims it is "optical" but there's no light at all. Is there such a thing as invisible light for sensors?

How do i get a free copy of Windows 10?

I'm ready to submit to the botnet.

That ship has sailed. Sorry.

I am going to be getting a modern monitor eventually, yes. But I would like to use this one until I can afford the new one. Right now I have to use an old laptop and it's not an enjoyable experience.

>Get something with the ports you need (DVI HDmi adapters work well though
Hmm, okay. I'll consider that. It's just that all of the top tier mobos on Logical Increments did away with the DVI port and I'm not sure if even the ones with DVI actually support DVI-A/DVI-I and not just DVI-D (which would put me into having to use an adapter again, apparently). I'll research some more, but I wish I could definitely determine if this Flatron can actually output digital (it comes with a VGA cable). Perhaps there is and I'm just ignorant about it, though.

Optical mice use LEDs and light detector sensors, so there's no laser involved at all. You're good.

use the accesibility offer. Look it up, but you'll need a computer that's already up and running with an OS. I think you could just use any linux, but IDK. I think the file is an iso, so you should be good. Go to a library if you must

wouldn't the cmd command ipconfig work?

No idea. I was browsing reddit at work using chrome and it would crash repeatedly after a few pages. The other day chrome also showed me a facebook message meant for one of my co-workers. They had logged into facebook and never logged out and chrome was showing the notifications, natively, no extentions for that. Wew.

any idea how to download videos hosted on video on demand (Vod-platform)

I tried youtube-dl, but it downloads a 30 seconds video with the message that says to watch the video on the host page of the broadcasting channel

link of video on broadcasting channel
pastebin.com/raw/gdxVU1Kr (embed)

(pastebin link, because team names are written in arabic and unicode characters are shitty on address bar)

In c is `enum` the same thing as a bit flag?

offliberty

traceroute

Good sound, lots of space. Go for it

Any good CRT monitors for gayming and general usage?

Any iPhone fags here?

I'm currently on a jailbroken iPhone 6 iOS 8.4, but there's supposedly an iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak being released soon.
So I wanted to save my blobs in case I miss the 10.3.1 signing window or some shit.
I used tsssaver.1conan.com/ to save blobs, it worked fine but as far as I can tell the blobs are for 10.3.1. I thought I was saving my 8.4 blobs so I could downgrade to that.
Am I missing something?

Is there any kind of program that can "analyze" an image folder and find images similar to others (duplicates, and the sort)?

BUT WHY

I thought I managed to play this shit in a third-party app on my android tablet hours ago

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? WHY DOES THIS HAVE A BACKDOOR? HOW DO I CRACK IT? THE PWGEN DOES NOT WORK, MY ISP SAYS FUCK YOU, AND I AM POOR...

What the fuck is going on with my computer? I would occasionally get this screen when I booted up my computer. All I would have to do is reboot and everything would be fine, performance in games and stuff wasn't even effected. So I took my GPU out for a few days and just used the integrated graphics, and this never happened, everything was fine. So I figured my GPU was dying, and got a GTX 1050 as a cheap replacement to hold me over until Volta comes out. But I just got this screen again on boot up with the 1050 installed. So it has to be my motherboard, right?

I think many people use it like one for status codes and such.

Youd have be kinda clever with the numbering to have a good bitfield scheme with it though

Could be Mobo or your power supply I would figure

What's the best way to convert an epub file to a pdf

Trade on tf2.

Take it to a repair shop, dummy.

>I was browsing reddit
AWAY

If I install whatsapp with a number different from my own, that nobody has but me, will the contacts of my phone receive a notification that I have that number?

I mean, I plan to install it (for the first time) with a number that nobody knows, intentionally to use it with some specific people.

Will all the others on my contact list get notified somehow that I am using this number and be able to contact me, or as long as they don't have the number they won't be able to find me?

I actually tried swapping my PSU with a spare I had. It still happens. This is infuriating. I already had to RMA my motherboard once because it arrived dead (I live in Arizona and ordered it from Amazon around July... I think the heat from sitting in UPS's sorting facility (not air conditioned... I know because I applied for a job there) and on my door step for a few hours might have killed it).

Sometimes my fps is good. Sometimes it's shit. When it's shit the CPU chart looks choppy like pic related (as opposed to a smoother line). What could be the cause? This is a new build.

Are there any processes in the background while you're playing? Web browsers such as Google Chome take up a large usage of memory.

Does it make sense to buy a 4k 15.6" laptop but use it at 1080p? 4k for a screen so small seems ridiculous so I want to use it at 1080p instead. What differences will a traditional 1080p screen have compared to 4k at 1080p? Which will have better quality or will it be same? I know that the 4k screen will drain more battery because it has 4 times the leds. Thanks.

After updating to the latest version of webm for retards, every video's aspect ratio is squished.

So how can I revert to an older version but not too older version without compiling because every time I try to compile something there's always a missing dependency error and it's a fucking headache. Preferably the last version.
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Nope.This game takes up a lot (sometimes 10gb) but usually some to spare. Besides that, I've been getting occasional freeze screens while browsing facebook (like 5-10 seconds freeze, can't move cursor). Only thing I've noticed is the cpu difference in task manager. Here's my speccy for reference.

Bump.

Change powersaving settings to performance when you're gaming. Maybe it's placebo, but when my powersaving is on it seems to hitch when the clock has to catch up and speed up to match the load

Disable hyperthreading. You also can't tell anything from that graph -- split it up by core.

I'm using actually Cyberfox mainly along with a Firefox for the webs that are glitched.

Cyberfox is being killed this year, so I will have to move. Should I stick with Firefox hoping it will change to better? Should I try other placebos like Vivaldi and stuff?

Pirate it properly.

There is light, it's probably infrared which you can't see.

I have a Z97 motherboard and i would like to buy a Samsung 950.
So there will be a bottleneck because my M2 slot works at 10Gb/s.
How good are PCIe to M2 adapters? i will use it in a PCIe x4 2.0 slot.

Welcome to AMD.

I actually enabled high performance power settings and restarted and it's playing just fine now. Although now in-game water is invisible, which has never happened before. Interesting

a guy is selling a cheapish laptop with a decent gpu but the cpu is an a10 4600 which as far as i can see will cause a bottleneck with the 7970m gpu, ive looked at new games like dawn of war 3 and this cpu doesnt meet the min requirements

so question is does having a good gpu help offset a bottleneck from the cpu?

Bump.

Yes since its an APU.
But how much is it he selling it for?

650 dollarydoos

Not sure that is worth it unless you are talking about AUD or CAD.

I want to install facebook,whats app and skype on my android phone, but I don't want them to sniff around my contacts, location etc.

Is there a way I can ring fence them for that purpose?

Example, a Gaming laptop with a I7HQ and a GTX 1060m is only $100 more which is way better than that PC.

aus dollars mate

so if you wouldnt mind explaining, why does a good gpu actually help a weaker apu like the one i mentioned?

i havent been able to find something as good as youre describing for that price point

Because when it comes to games a good GPU is more important than a good CPU still you will notice problems with a weak one.

You never mentioned you were talking about AUD so i assumed USD.

so you reckon its best to try to find something with a bit more grunt when it comes to the cpu then?

XPrivacy

Is it possible to use an ARM chip for a laptop running Linux smooth enough to play games?

I have seen the power of the new flagship phone chips and I just wondered if this is possible (without X86_64)

is amd really that bad for linux

Also, does anyone know how likely it is that if I RMA my motherboard (again), that Gigabyte will send me a z270 version of my motherboard? Amazon says they only have one of my motherboard in stock, and it doesn't say more are on the way, so I assume they stopped making it?

Bump.

Sup Forums is probably too poor to know. At least I am.

New games: not really.

Older games: yes.

No, it's fine. Nvidia is pretty bad though.

>audio stops randomly stops(sennheiser)
>changing the audio to surround and back fixes this for 5 secs
>unplugging and replugging can create a BSOD(DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

>screen gets some low snow fizzles
>screen goes black after that for less than a second then gets back to normal
>happens randomly

I fixed the game freez BSOD with a new graphics card but the other errors still occur. Tried other screen(TV) but the snow fizzles remain.
Orderd a new SSD. Hope this will fix it. Current one is a Kingston.

What do you lads think? I really hope it isnt my motherboard.

Does Apple still not allow you to transfer photos to your iPhone via USB cable?

ok this shit is triggering me

>right now have HD6950
>acquire HD7850
>6950 works fine
>try installing 7850 and no video
>I can use onboard graphics with 7850 but the actual card will not output video
>it's in the same PCIE slot, same cables, etc

1. When the 7850 is in and I'm trying to output video from that the motherboard has an led labelled VGA_LED that is bright red

2. the 7850 uses PCIE 3.0 which the motherboard supports and I even turned that PCIE slot to only 3.0 but still nothing

3. It uses like 15~ watts more than the 6950 but it only has one 6 pin power connector and my 6950 has 2x 6 pin connectors, is there a secret hidden power connector I'm missing?

What are some popular ethernet cards this days?

What difference is there between a ethernet card and a NIC?

What difference is there between an apple and a fruit?

What resource do I need to change to change the icon in the start menu in Windows 7? (windows flag)

My mouse lags like crazy any time there's a lot of network activity happening (i.e. downloading something). Is there any way to stop this? On Wangblows 7.

Interestingly I have a graphics tablet and it doesn't seem to affect that, so sometimes when it gets really bad I resort to using that. It's a wireless USB mouse so I guess it must have something to do with that but I don't know what to do.

What's a good graphical client for managing databases?

Jesus, 3 bumps? Yes it uses more battery. Other than that you just have 4 pixels representing every one of your 1080p content, which can be a little harsh on the image because of the sharp edges. Although on a screen that size it shouldn't be noticeable. I'd just avoid it unless you absolutely can't.

Mostly ethernet cards are interchangeable, but Intel has good drivers if you care about Linux.
NIC = ethernet nowadays for consumers