/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3VYipqkHg
youtube.com/watch?v=N2_JqJHt0K0
en.goldenears.net/8494
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for massdrop

Unreasonably arousing image there op

i'm not from this general but please stop putting such imagery as the image of those threads! it's very un-christian

wtf i love hpg

the images have to be extra lewd to compensate for the couple of threads where some faggot decided not to use anime images

A few pearls of my personal metal list for Anons to appreciate on their headphones:
youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3VYipqkHg

b-b-but the bit rate user-san!@!! it's so low!! if this keeps up... im gonaa...!!

god damn those legs aare perfect op what a master piece

What is the closed-back version of an Fidelio X2?

Beats by Dre.

Come on, user. This is /hpg/; the hope of headphone shilling and shitposting. Surely you can do better than that.

Sony Extra Bass.

Ayyy, attaboy user!

can we not have op images like that

>>>/head-fi/

Anyone else who listens to music to sleep EQ away the entire upper half? Brightness just prevents me from sleeping

Do NOT buy the bluetooth version. Plenty of budget closed back headphones with good bass response. Try your question again with out mentioning a meme mud cannon headphone

How much longer til another 6xx drop? Eternity?

Sorry, I was only shitposting, user. I thought that was obvious.

But I like my X2s. The bass bump isn't as strong as tards are claiming, it's well-built and comfy. And no amp means it's a shit load cheaper than half the shit I see shilled here.

When Snappheiser gives in. Massdrop's begging for it.

Sorry user, I don't think there are closed-back X2 equivalents.

I want massdrop to release an HD5XX which looks like the HD580 but has the driver's of the 598

Closest I could remember is DT770's

Ah, well. Thanks.

Can any user who has the THX00 tell me how good they really are? How powerful is the bass, and does it bleed or no?
(already ordered but want to know opinions)

Audio technica has a extra bass line. Beyerdynamic custom one pro or studio or DT770. Vmoda m100

I think they are great for music listening, prefer them to pretty much everything i've got. Not much of a sound stage but good enough, bass is perfect and with EQ they are like subwoofers on your head. Different pads can change the sound a lot.

If you like v shaped cans there bretty gud, I'd call them bass cannons. They're more like semi closed, as they're not fully sealed so they will leak sound by a fair margin. Can make a pretty good project set as well

They scored like 4th most bassy headphone on headfi

thanks
you did the detachable cable mod? how hard was it?

My old Google in ears are on their way to death and I need me a new pair, so do recommend.

I want one with a built in mic so I can use it with my phone...

> Budget
~$100

> Location
The ol' Red, White, and Blue

> Source
3.5mm (PC, phone, etc.)

>Type
Prefer In ear, but could also do over ear.

> Open or Closed
Don't care

> Comfort level
Don't care a whole lot. Something that doesn't hurt afer ~2 hrs.

> Sound signtaure
Prefer neutral to bassy

> Past headphones
> Lightspeed Zulu.2 ANR
Usw it for flying. Can't be connected to PC or phone, except using Bluetooth

> Google Project Fi headphones
Google branded headphones that came in as a Christmas present from Google Project Fi. The wires are almost entirely ripped and should die soon.

I hate being a virgin.

I thought that was a really odd Fleshlight from looking at the thumbnail.

9500's seem to fit your needs pretty well. They're more on the neutral end. Doesn't have a built in mic but you can buy one for it.

Hey all, I am looking for a set of easy to drive cans with good imaging and a somewhat wide soundstage. Should I go for a used pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's on ebay or would I be better off looking at other pairs like the Fidelio X2's

AKG k702 > HD599 > HD598 > HD558.
>Beyershit DT770
Shit FR.
Non-detachable cable.
Expensive for what it is.
Closed, v-shaped
Definitely not the one to get for soundstage.

>Fidelio X2
V-shaped FR / colored AF
AKG k702 and HD598 are two price points of cheap soundstage.

Right now I have a pair of akg q701's, I'm unsatisfied with the bass. I have a budget of around $500 for a used pair, I primarily listen to electronic music.

If you have been following the thread you would have seen the talk about the thx00. 399 USD on massdrop, drops for each day in april, ending in may.

>Budget
$150- $200
>Location
UK
>Source
3.5mm
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy, preferable still comfy after 3 hours or so, but not that it trades sound quality for it
>Sound signature
Don't really care
>Past headphones
Beats by dr dre (Yes i know)
ath m50x, pieces of shit just broke after 2 weeks. Something better than them as they were so hyped up when I read the reviews.
soundmagic e80c, use this for my phone mainly.

I feel sorry for people who are disabled like that girl in the OP.

>fell for the beyerdynamics meme

Who enjoys this level of treble to begin with

What's the sound signature of iphone headphones?
I want something like that but the exact opposite.

>posting "meme" meme
Nice bait, please try not to samefag replies now, that pretty pathetic.

anything as good as HD 598 but closed?

NSA employee here.
I'm doing some data mining and want to ask you guys about what online stores you find trustworthy.
Please let me know if you would feel safe buying products from the following websites:
AliExpress
Amazon
Newegg

Thank you for your cooperation, citizens.

How much improvement can I expect by going from a K702 that's been EQd according to Rin Choi's measurements to a HD600?
I use a E10K and HD600 is around 280€ here.

None, sidegrade

>what can i expect
Probably a warmer signature in detriment of soundstage.
If that's a good thing it's up to you. Let us know when you do it.

They have been bundled with at least two different ear buds. There original ones were awful, the usual ear bud sound signature with extreme distortion on moderate listening levels and complete absence of bass. It wasn't exactly smooth in its pass band either. The EarPods are much improved on the originals, having an octave or so more bass, lower distortion throughout and decently flat response for the type of device they are. They are one of the best ear buds you can get even now. Bass extension is still really lilited because they don't seal the ear canal and are ported in design. People keep calling them both bassy and nobass so I'm guessing their performance varies from a lot depending on who's using them. Which version do you have and does it it sound bassy to you? Be precise in what you think they lack.

Shure SRH840 could work. Pic related vs:

en.goldenears.net/8494

So massdrop just brought back the """limited edition""" red and black k7xx with a $10 store credit, but with a massive ship delay.

The red and black ones are uglier than the normal ones too, kek.

Still don't get why people buy the K7XX. They're just muddier versions of the K712.

>Shure SRH840
thanks, gonna give them a go

K7xx isn't muddy at all

You've either never used one, or never used anything but one.

K

K712 has universally the most bass and lower midrange amplitude making it the most muddy K7xx-series headphone by definition.

Kek.

Audio files are the most important part of any setup. Garbage in, garbage out.

K712 is worse than K7XX which is arguably muddier than standard K701/K702.

What headphones would you guys recommend for someone who wants to wear over-ear headphones (i.e. not earbuds) but is not too bothered about sound quality?

Beats

skullcandy for bass, beats for neutral.

Open or closed?
At home or on the go?

What ~$100 dac/amp has the best feeling knob? Sound quality is negligible, as long as the knob feels good.

Closed. At home.

if you want a good knob to feel then I'm all here baby.

I've got a knob you can feel for $100.

The 702 is obviously wider but the 600 is much more natural, and thicker sounding, whilst holding the detail. The 702 is a great headphone but it doesn't touch the 600.

Also inb4 >build quality

My 600's still work whereas this time around my 702's stopped working on one side for no fucking reason. I had to solder a wire back myself for the first time ever and I fixed them. Stuck those suckers on ebay straight away.

price range?

HD598Cs should do you, $100 if you wait for a sale.

Could also get one of the AKG k550s or something.

I've been wondering, is there any difference between the 598Cs and the 569?

Not the other guy but how can the xx be muddy? doesn't it only have like 3db more bass than ythe 702? the 702 sounds clean as fuck.

amazon and newegg

What's wrong with AliExpress?

Can I jam a 3.5 mm cord up your urethra?

Wow they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Amazon and Newegg are fine. I hate chinks so no AliExpress

That'd be extra, big boy ;^)

>when your headphones so shit you use terms like soundstage to justify your purchase

Since I want to buy pic related, I'd like to know if the microphonics effect is so awful as I've read.
Any owner her can confirm with an extensive answer?
Thank you

Yes. It's awful.

>extensive answer
>Yes
really makes you think

Honest opinions on this?

I'm a poor college fag and needs a pair of decent affordable headphones on the commute from my accommodation to the college on the bus.

Also does this have okay bass? Because I like a little bass in the songs.

Will this be okay to purchase?

Thank you.

This is very poorfag. You're better off with some IEMs.

Stay away from any closed Sennheiser that isn't HD380.

Otherwise, look into Status CB-1, NVX XPT100, or M40x - which will need new pads.

>IEMs
I actually don't like those kind of earphones/headphones or whatever you call them.

Is there any on ear headphones that are cheap and okay in performance?

Overpriced $200 bass boosted shit headphones by a shit rapper

Those are okay in sound, Not too great, not too sucky. Kinda stays in the average level. IMO for $20, it's pretty good tho.

I have a pair and I think they're pretty good for the $8 I got them for on ebay. They have a lot of bass, not very good bass, but it's very emphasized. They're pretty comfortable for on ears, but just because they're so light. The highs are very poor though since all of the emphasis is on the bass.
Monoprice 8323
Koss portapro
Koss ksc75
Ve Monk maybe

Tascam TH02 as well.
JVC Flats are surprising passable for $10 bucks.

Anyone ever used the Samson SR850? Most of the reviews say they sound great, but Im really wondering about the build quality.

Do the K7XX need an amp?

Can anyone tell me what are "highs", "lows", "mids" , etc briefly? Thanks.

I'm a newfag here.

Only if the current amp you're using doesn't get loud enough for you or distorts/clips at the volume you need

Lows are the bass, mids are the vocals, highs are the treble.

Thank you so much.

Looking at getting some beats. What do you guys think about the audio quality on these?