WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

How did my ISP inject this into a fucking video game?

Your video game is fucking shit that uses IE to display shit and so your ISP injected its shit into a web request.

change your DNS

Because apparently that game isn't using HTTPS for their connection so your ISP put whatever they wanted into the page it was loading. I hope you don't log in with that.

This would probably stop it from displaying ISP bullshit.

Wat does the DNS have to do with it?

>Sup Forumsedditor
>completely retarded

pure potash

The real question is why is your ISP allowed to inject anything into any webpage without violating the computer fraud act.

If you switch your DNS to something not provided by your ISP you won't get this anymore

His game is one those games that was an amra mod,and someone thought it was a good idea to make a standalone,like dayz standalone.

the game is clearly using a browser duh
and the isp used the magic of http injection

looks like an ad spot to me. your ISP probably bought some ad spots in its own IP range and the ad happened to appear in that game.

it does seem strange for a $30 game to have ads, though, so I don't know.

I'm so happy that shit like this is illegal in my country.

>If you switch your DNS to something not provided by your ISP you won't get this anymore

But why?

>change your DNS
That would do jack shit. His ISP is identifying unencrypted pages and modifying their contents to display this. It has nothing to do with DNS, as they are not rerouting requests to their own servers.

That being said, still probably a good idea to not use your ISP's DNS server, but for other reasons.

Because if you use their DNS server, they can assign their own web server IP addresses to any arbitrary A-record that your host queries for.

Now go back to Sup Forums where you belong.

I was hoping to get a stupid answer just like this one. How about you admit that you don't know shit instead of buzzwording terms that have nothing to do with it? You forgot to tell me how you query the firewall mainframe to spoof a transient transaction, then just ping the authentication service and... POOF! YOU HAVE FULL CONTROL OF THEIR SYSTEMS NOW! YES!!! *yells and pumps fist*

>playing glitch: the game

(You)

here it goes the official sign of defeat

Except Battlegrounds is actually good, and PlayerUnknown has a proven track record of delivering.

>I was just pretending to know stuff: the post

Stop browsing this board and spreading misinformation asshole.

Everything I said was legitimate. Since changing your DNS is so trivial, why not just try it and report back the result?

>why not just try it and report back the result?

Because I'm not a skiddo who learned the few things he knows from Mr. Robot like you. I want to know how it works, I don't even care about doing it.

>good idea to not use your ISP's DNS server, but for other reasons
why?

I googled and Suddenlink does actually do DNS poisoning by the sounds of it, but please continue calling A-records a buzzword.

How are you so fucking stupid? It was already explained to you, DNS poisoning is a real risk, and you can't trust your ISP not to fuck you over. Also, changing your DNS server doesn't make you a "skiddo". And if you don't plan on changing your settings and prefer to continue getting buttfucked by your ISP then get the fuck out.

fuck suddenlink cocksucking scammers

So you want to be spoonfed? Why did you even come here?

>His ISP is identifying unencrypted pages and modifying their contents to display this

Not saying that is impossible, but why would they do that?, its easier to redirect to their servers instead since there is no certificate involved.

I have that isp too. They use dns redirection or some shit to inject shit into all kinds of stuff.
They regularly redirect my visit to ebay, aswell as occasionally redirect my traffic from other sites.
The other day they did the same thing youre seeing to the steam "news" popup.
pradou union

What kind of third-world do you guys live in?

Comcast does the same sometimes, but sometimes you need it. For example, yesterday I got a new dual-band router from them, and a page came up to activate it. I would like to fucking change it though.

Missouri

My ISP, Cableone, injects unencrypted javascript pop-ups to give notifications.

Wow and I thought TWC was bad. Sounds like you abound change your fucking DNS.

USA!
USA!
USA!

Lol fuck you script kiddie there's no way changing your DNS will help!!

Trump sold you down the river.

Trump sucks but this has nothing to do with him. I don't use whatever backwater ISP these guys are using, but Comcast has always manipulated my results so that if I type an invalid page instead of just giving me nothing it forwards me to some Comcast page, thus fucking up my address bar so I can't fix my typo. I always have to make sure I don't use Comcast DNS.

Can you change the Comcast DNS on the modem? Or do you need to do it on Windows?

Modem? Probably not.
Router? Depends on your router. Don't use a Comcast router.
Windows/Linux/Mac? Yes. I have it changed on my laptop specifically so when I'm at other people's places I still use MIT's DNS.

FUCKING LEL what country

us of ass

My yuropoor ISP never ever does this kind of shit to its customers. They only give you a page saying you need to pay your internet bill, and it gives you "continue to the page". Call yours and tell them you don't want this shit to happen.

Your game likely runs a motd or ads through http, allowing for easy intercept and redirection or replacement.

Or you are dumb enough to use your ISPs DNS server.

In either case you are trying to play a garbage game which is the real problem.

I don't understand the young's obsession with cheaply made, extremely simple full priced mods like this and DayZ. It looks just as awful and jank.

>Not saying that is impossible
It certainly isn't. It's been common practice among ISPs for years.
>its easier to redirect to their servers instead
Not if you want to also display the contents of the website that was actually being accessed. These are ads injected into the page, not replacing it.

OP needs to download Squad and stop playing that garbage.

Yea, I still use Comcast equipment. Really need to fucking get rid of it, I hate using it because I know it's no good.

>he doesn't know how DNS works

The botnet!

What stops an ISP from redirecting the DNS requests to a server of their own?

Just stop it, go back to breaddit and go fucking learn what A-Records, MX-Records, AAAA-Records and CNAMEs are. They are actual terms when regarding DNS you fucking child.

>he's not using a vpn + unbound to free himself of his isp

Their server news announcement updates in real-time so ya, that's the issue.

Though, pubg is made in UE4 and isn't a mod, its a [complete] game. Just in early access.

they don't inject their shit into browsers per-se, rather http connections
http isn't only used with browsers

That'd be very illegal.

I see. I guess crimes don't exist now, since they being illegal stops the criminals from committing them.

Don't be stupid. It would be very easy to prove if your ISP is manipulating your dns.

Don't be stupid. It would be very easy to prove if your ISP is manipulating your dns.