Windows just werks :^)

>windows just werks :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

howisolve.com/checking-for-updates-stuck-solved-windows-7-sp-1-8-1-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who uses windows? We based Mac ftw

yes apple master fruitce
Even god likes apple-friends you know the bible story,do not fuck witha apples around.

This is painfully true. I had so many issues when I used Windows Update on 7 and 8.1.

paid shill detected

> Windows just works

One internet drop out and yet again scanner issues. Now the whole office can't connect to our scanners, we reinstalled the software & drivers, no cigar.

The accountant in the next office had to reinstall windows 2 weeks ago and lost all work not already sync'd to the cloud.

Fuck this shit OS. I want to change all the office machines to Linux but have to wait for HTML5 integration with our CRM.

i just resorted to wsus offline, works better than than windows update

I got driver issues too,basically after some time my usb-audio device software stopped working. If i connect it to my windows xp it works well as well as in fresh w10install

Jelly poorfag detected,enjoy your arch winlux

Not just driver issues at work, I go home and it says my harddrives are failing, windows literally shitting itself and becoming unusable. So I had to buy new harddrives to use it again but installed Linux on the old harddrives no issues at all.

Then graphics card driver issues & some software issues forcing me to reinstall windows, which then fucks the boot for Linux (i'm pretty casual with this dual booting shit) so had to reinstall all of them all over again.

It's amazing the amount of problems people put up with, I'm fixing friends systems every few weeks too. From all this bs, I stopped using my PC for 2 months, couldn't waste anymore time fixing windows problems.

Considering you don't even know how to read S.M.A.R.T. data, I'd say PEBKAC

Is there some way to fix driver issue [with software that used to work] without reinstall/restore point?

I can for example uninstall said driver,then install it and it will work untill i turn off pc,software or restart. then it does not want to start up

> Considering you don't even know how to read S.M.A.R.T. data, I'd say PEBKAC

I have no idea what you're saying I'm literally a casual that can't stand windows anymore so I've been trying to transition to linux and I don't have time to fix windows every week or learn any in depth shit.

Point is, windows doesn't just work and it never has. Everyone has had issues with windows but put up with it because no one knows there is a viable alternative besides people buying Macbooks.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>can't read S.M.A.R.T.
>wants to use Linux
Good luck with that.

Written by an illierate

If it's important where can I learn?

So far I've tried out; OpenSUSE, Ubuntu & KDE Neon with no problems for a few months now.

>Everyone has had issues with windows but put up with it
I've used Windows since 3.1. Let's count the issues:

Windows 3.1: Nothing.
Windows 95/98: Bit rot. If you installed a bunch of programs you really needed to refresh your install every 6 months or so. Other than that it was great.
Windows NT 4. Saved the internet cache to the roaming profile. That's a lot of fun over 10Base-T. Also no gaems, though Age of Empire worked.
Windows ME: Unstable as fuck, but since it had nothing Windows 98 didn't have, switching back was nothing.
Windows XP: Nothing that a few tweaks didn't take care of.
Windows Vista: Terrible. But XP existed.
Windows 8: Terrible start menu. But I was only on it for a few months before...
Windows 10: Other than the initial forced restarts being too severe, no issues.

So you've never had hardware issues, software not working or had to constantly reinstall the OS?

I don't know a single person irl that hasn't reinstalled windows at least a dozen times in their lifetime, hasn't had heaps of hardware/software issues.

>Because you have no idea what you're doing

Yes

PEBKAC

> Windows just works
> Normies have no idea what they're doing

Glad we agree, clearly Windows doesn't just work and you need to know what you're doing to not have constant issues.

Idiots are always going to have problems.
>You're telling me doors just work? Well then why do I keep walking into them?

> Normies have no idea what they're doing
I think you mean lazy people who don't read. Would be willing to bet you take your car to a mechanic regularly, but try the DIY approach with computers, read very little, then complain when the brakes don't work.

Nah, I've spent the last 10+ years constantly reading forums to troubleshoot problems myself, I'm nowhere near as retarded as the average person when it comes to computers and I always have to fix family/friend PCs and I think I've done enough fucking reading. That's all it ever is with windows, having to sit there reading post after post of other people having the same issue to troubleshoot.

The amount of problems I've had everyone else I know have had even more, so this idea that Windows just works for normies is a joke.

Instead of finding other people with the same problem getting answer, enjoy seeing nothing but "RTFM" on your switch to Linux.

Hmmm, is interesting that when is about windows is always fault of the user but if is about any other OS then it's not considered user friendly and unacceptable for the average joe, interesting.

There's a reason Linux users will tell you to go back to Windows if you're not willing to spend 5 years to get your sound working. It is easy. If it's too hard for you, get a Chromebook and enjoy your facebook machine.

He's right though.

If you can't make windows work, you might be actually stupid.

Then what works?

TI-82. Though you probably can't figure that one out either.

Is that the point though? If it has constant problems, doesn't matter if you can get it working again it shouldn break so often.

So you basically accept Windows has flaws like any os and that the "just works" claim is just people being intellectually dishonest with a huge bias towards forgiving any problem with Windows and blowing out of proportion any problem with any other OS right? I say this because your only counterattack was an hyperbole to try to push the attention to other OS.

>I'm too dumb for Windows
You don't belong here.

>"windows just works dude!"
>points out critical flaws that prove it barely works
>"y-you're too dumb for windows!"

Who ever said Sup Forums-fags have baby duck syndrome was wrong. You faggots have Stockholm syndrome.

This

Windows shits the bed constantly and the only people who still defend it are Sup Forumsfags. Even normies hate windows now, but they don't know that better alternatives exist besides expensive Macs.

>tfw been apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y for ~10 years and never had an issue

>I'm too dumb for Windows
You don't belong here.

Windows 7* just werks, anyone who upgraded from it deserves all the shit they can get.

>2014: Windows 8.1 installed on a EVO 840 120GB SSD
>1 Year later Upgraded to EVO 850 250GB, cloned with no problems
>1 Year later changed from AMD 8-Fake-Cores to 6700k and booted up, rebooted 1 time and that was it.

You fucktards just don't know how to use your fucking hands.

Are you just going to keep parroting this over and over because you got blown the fuck out on an anonymous imageboard?

Anonymous imageboard.

Everything Microsoft works about as well as anything open source. The difference is, schools teach people how to use open source stuff, because it's free and there's plenty resources, while learning how to use Microsoft software is a lot more expensive.

This turns them into open source retards, who assume it's the best because they've been told so, but truth is, they don't know how to fucking use anything Microsoft. And whenever they use any kind of Microsoft products, they apply the only logic they know to it, and end up doing stuff to it that should absolutely NOT be done, just like there's a lot of stuff that can fucking ruin open source software, but they don't do it, because they know it shouldn't be done. And based on the idea that "wow Windows is easy", they think they can figure it out on their own, when they really can't.

Things include:
- moving critical system binaries and configuration files and expecting symbolic links to do the trick
- restricting write or read access to system files thinking it'll improve the security, when it'll only degrade features, and then they complain features are not working
- restricting write access to disk root at low-level, preventing Windows from writing in its own cache file, and fucking up with Windows big time
- thinking every single install of a given software on Windows gets the same basic configuration files and registry keys, in order to package Windows software for easy extraction, which always fails in some way, and because they don't know how start unattended setups

I could go on and on. Bottomline is, if you don't know how to administrate Windows or other Microsoft software, just don't. If you do, you shouldn't have more problems than the average UNIX sysadmin.

>run update for 1hr
nice solution you have there microsoft

>howisolve.com/checking-for-updates-stuck-solved-windows-7-sp-1-8-1-10/
>microsoft

>Winfag will defend this

This just happened to me. Windows 10 is pretty neat.

The fundamental problem with Windows is that it has to work with everything made in the last 30 years. The fundamental problem with MacOS is that it works with nothing that hasn't passed your Apple overlord gatekeepers. The fundamental problem with Linux is that you need degree equivalent knowledge and a willingness to still use fucking command line and other old shit all the goddamn time.

I have used all three for at least a month without significant access to other options. I'll take Windows any day, because even when there is a problem, the answer isn't "fuck you, that's how we do it in Macland" or "code it yourself" it's "Google it, and fix the program that's being stupid, which is almost never Windows itself."

Found your problem

Windows is for people with lower IQ. It's statistically proven.

>purposely makes the distinction between "internet" and a web browser
>fails to understand the distinction between an internet and the Internet

which one of you is this

>Things include:...
Things people never do.
I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone do anything like that.
All of that is just plain stupidity, meaning IQThe fundamental problem with Linux is that you need degree equivalent knowledge and a willingness to still use fucking command line and other old shit all the goddamn time.

Not really, but yeah, Windows is far easier for most people.

this happened to my sisters laptop. took 30 minutes for windows to repair the issue, then 2 hours to download and update. fml.