This thread is about the appreciation of watches...

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D0AebqjTW6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HI this is Marc from Long Island Watch dot com!

use the fucking subject field, otherwise you escape my filters, you cunt

sorry

Marc's a good guy. If you're going to buy a new Seiko, you buy it from him.

10/10 customer service.

i would if i wasn't an eurofag that has to pay +30% for every import outside the EU.

Europe was a mistake.

The EU's great, don't leave the EU. You enjoy so much, those vat fees are a tiny nuisance.

England's going to collapse financially when they leave.

>not finding this sexy
>38.5mm, perfect size for everyone

>butthurt european

first for best seiko

Rate my 18k datejust

Shit lighting so a potato tier pic is all I can do right now, but here.

>England's going to collapse financially when they leave.

>No subject with /wt/
>retarded micro and materials engineering meme
Worst thread in a while

>nations cannot exist with out a globalist influence becuase they never did so before in the past ever

-you

If it wasnt enforced by the EU, in Denmark we would probably have it anyway, and all countries would be included.
Except for Scandinavia.

why do you all hate rose gold?

also do any of you even know how to pronounce Patek?

gay as fuck bro

Have a question about your watch? See the chart, it will answer 99% of the questions that arise in these threads.

Let's save these threads for more valuable watch-related conversation and some great pictures.

-Thanks

Rose gold looks cheap as fuck. Reminds me of cheap plated Chinese garbage.

actually this is a really accurate chart

Reminder that this chart is dead wrong about Sea-Gull.

Is it? I still the remember the user who bought a seagull diver and instantly regretted it. 1963 also generally breaks in a year or two. I'll trust Seagull in 10 years maybe id they introduce stricter QC, also Vostok should be demoted too

I mean, you get what your pay for with Sea-Gull, like most brands. One wouldn't buy a Seiko 5 expecting a Grand Seiko. The movement in the 1963 is also based on a pretty old design, and likely needs regular maintenance to sustain.

Well you also get what you pay for with Invicta

Sure.

Is he Jewish? He looks and sounds and lives in Jewland.

Can't wait for Troubles 2.0 and Braveheart 2.0 when they find out it's better to stay with the EU than the Anglocucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=D0AebqjTW6M

Is this real?

finally some wristlet-approved watches

BINGO friend

>Is he Jewish?
Yes, his real name is "Marc from Long Island Watch dot comstein".

fuck off i'm 6'3" 220 with 8" wrists, and I wear 38mm Rolex divers

41mm+ are UNCONFORTABLE.

Can anybody post their Steinshits? If they're really coming up with a mid-size I'll probably buy it, but still not sure about how I feel about buying a homage. Looking at some watches might help decide

wow defensive much?
>6'
>wristlet
it happens

I'm so SICK of merifats pushing that giant watch meme propaganda

you should be prosecuted for harassment.

>stop liking what I don't like
Get treatment for your autism.

You know what? Stop harassing people for having different tastes than you.

I'm glad you understand me clearly.

>faggots with their too big watches they invested too much money in after falling for marketing
>calling normal sized watches "women" watches

You faggots need Jesus

Too expensive for what it is. I like the design, but at that price point they should be able to offer the tegimented case.

I'm bummed about the non-tegimented case.

Some say hardened-steel cases rust exponentially faster.

Regardless, someone (Damasko/Sinn/Tudor) needs to make a 904 stainless or hardened 38mm GADA watch with a nice finish.

why don't more watchmakers utilize 904 stainless btw?

It's honestly not much (if at all) better than 316 for watchmaking.

its only a few people around here that wear oversized watches. If anything, /wt/ has been moving towards more conservative watch sizes with people trying to steer away from watches that are too long lug to lug or just too big on the wrist.

really?? why do some Rolex owners swear by it (re toughness)? is it just marketing and a meme?

how tough is it vs ice-hardened steel for example, if you know?

whats the after market price on this sinn? Kinda like this one, but not sure about dropping a 1k for it.

I haven't got any data handy, but I'm sure somebody has collected some.

$850 used in good shape w 1 year of warranty left is the typical going price for secondhand 556i's

But if you buy after the warranty with some wear, you can get right down to 700.

They go quick on the grey market.

>watch snooker last night
>Ronnie is wearing a JLC Reverso Grand Date
Post famous peopls with good taste, /wt/.

What's your thoughts on this fucker? On one hand if QC is all that was holding back the ST19 movement this might be one of the best value chronos. On the other hand it's hard to trust microbrands and if they break at the same rate as the Seagulls it would be straight up money down the drain

Surprisingly enough, many of the Darts Grand Prix players have decent enough taste.
I was expecting two-tone galore and dogshit out the ears, but no, SeaDwellers, Subs, and the odd Seamaster.

same thoughts as you.

I just couldn't take the gamble.

Personally,I'd wait for more reviews.

>Some say hardened-steel cases rust exponentially faster.
Interesting, I had never heard about that issue. I don't really see why it would.

>GADA watch
?
But yeah I'd love Damasko to make a 38mm version of the DA36/DA38.

Apparently it's just better for rust and nlt really much else. But Rolex owners would tend to treat their watch better than dogshit owners, which means you scratch it less.
It's the same thing with Lexus being the most reliable cars. Old people buy them and take them to the dealer for regular maintenance. Retards who buy VWs don't maintain them, so they break. It's not (just) the car being inherently more reliable.

are any of you homosexualities on wus

ah quite so...

Same. I like the design, too. But it's still a large sum of money to drop for me.

The only way to really know will be after a few years anyway.

a 38mm damasko would rock, but I'd want it finished like the ice-hardened damasko dk101 (pic related)

the matte gray on the dk36 etc is just wretched to me.

>Baltic

Into the trash

Wait, you haven't even heard the best part: it's a French microbrand.

Neither my Vostok or my Swatch have arrived this week.

Wew lad. How deep does the rabbit hole go?

well... the movement is Chinese made, but it's based on a Swiss movement from the 60's

it's the movement right out of the 38mm Seagull 1963
>ST19 columnwheel

if you're not getting your ST19 directly from Ed or Thomas (the 2 only trusted sources for Seagull movements), you're getting a shitter.

>trusted

So now you're sitting in a bus stop like a happy anime girl?

Or, you know, you could get them from seagull, like your buttbuddies do.
The microbrand claims to do a qc pass in china and a final one in france, which would hopefully mean you don't get defective movements.

>Ed
>Thomas

It's always funny when Asians make up western names. I mean it's easier that way, but when an obvious Chinese guy walk up to you and tells you his name is Mike it's hard not to chuckle a bit

oh you stupid stupid fool.

you don't get it.

Ed and Thomas get them from Seagull, and meticulously go through them.

they're WHITE, RACIST!

are you a 50 year old man?
gold watches can only be pulled off by 50 year old men

hmmmm

and racist is a word that only Americans use, international communication leads to many goofs, no need to make a big deal out of everything

What familial connections to the world of Horology world do you have?
My granddad is childhood friends with George Daniels. He would go to my granddad's house quite often for meals because his parents were quite abusive.

Later on when Daniels really made it big, he bought classic cars and when my granddad retired, he would go to Daniels' house every so often and spend a day repairing and maintaining his cars.

Apparently, my granddad's pocket watch was given to him by Daniels' (but it isn't one of his own pieces)

and this is our homie Ed

oh you brexit-voting britbong filth.

the rest of your countrymen are respectable, intelligent and quite well-educated.

you must be a manc, a pikey or a liverpudlian rascal.

I am glad to inform that I am neither of those, lo and behold, I'm not even british

Do you think that is Ed's wife?

Which is the same thing those guys do. Anyone can do that, as a matter of fact.

It's his gf (male)

I've met Chinese people with names like Sunny, Ice, and Angus so names like Ed and Thomas aren't funny to me any more

nice animeme!

:^)

wtf i love chinks now

>38mm

That would make a nice gift for your girlfriend.

i need a cheap dress watch

Yes.

Nice Lord Marvel

I'm telling you cocksuckers, Ed and Thomas are cool as fuck

Get a swatch from watchshop.com

>fourth thread in a row where fatasses are arguing with manlets about watch size

oh and Brexit.

don't respond to them you gay buttfag homosexuality

>Buying a Sinn with no tegimented case and no dehumidification technology with an ETA 2824-2 for $1,000
>When you could get a full featured Damaskos DA36 for the same price

Which one should I buy when I turn 30

Cheers mate. Cool dial
Prefer the indices to arabic numbers but still nice
Now post a webm of the seconds hand pls