MPC-HC vs VLC

You bois always keep sayin' that VLC is for fags and MPC-HC with MadVR is the almighty player but even after 10min configuring to surpass metal gear there's little to no diference between VLC.

Here's the VS I did between them:
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/207999

I followed this fag's guide but the result is as you can see above:
i.imgur.com/vORsFZW.png
i.imgur.com/NKco8l0.png

I mainly watch 1080p HDTV anime (when it's airing), and when it's already out on Blu-ray I download said release.

Can you MadVR gods show me the true path? Or in reality there is none?

reality is you should stop watching kids shows

The only argument I've ever heard against VLC is that when hardware encoding doesn't work/is too slow it shits the bed and I can, as a VLC shill myself, confirm that it doesn't handle those situations well at all. If you don't have that problem I think you should stick to VLC, as it's streaming capabilities trump all

I literally grabbed the first random .mkv that I found in my folder and scrubbed quickly through the timeline to pick a comparable frame.

Have you ever used VLC on a HDTV/4K TV setup? It shits the bed.

MPC-BE+MadVR or kys.

mpc-hc is the past. mpv is the future.

also, speaking as someone who makes subtitles for anime, fuck vsfilter. people need to get over to libass.

>vlc
>clicking on video doesnt pause it, it doesnt do anythng
>left/right arrows dont shift video time
and i fucking use this shit because i dont have mpc on linux

Diehard MPC-HC / Kawaii Codec Pack fanboy here, mpv with the high-end presets looks exactly the fucking same and it makes mpc-hc obsolete because of how many platforms it supports

The only reason to use madvr or even mpv is because you're watching low resolution shit.

When you're watching native/high res the video player really does not matter at all, fuck you could watch it in chrome and it would look the same.

Yeah, there are a few fringe people that tweak shit because they think they know how to make it look better but these people have autism and care more about how it looks rather than the actual content and these people should be ignored for their mental issues.

>people need to get over to libass
chotto a minute

>no GUI is the future

I use VLC (:

>the true path

the true path is not falling for the madvr meme and not comparing the 3 differing pixels between screencaps.
Home video is inherently crap, it always was and it always be. If you want to watch quality video you watch dcp.

>MadVR
It isn't that great honestly, it's good only on normal settings, if you try to max it out it ruins the playback, creating white flashes in fast-motion scenes.
I prefer ffdshow which supports avisynth natively too and doesn't rape the GPU.

Why? Do you have any reason other that "lol adults should only do adult things, you manchild"?

>use mpv on max settings
>check gpu temp
>86°C

>use mpc with quality filters
>check gpu temp
>63°C

Fuck off, bring that shit up when it actually becomes good, not like the unstable sack of shit that it is now. I value my hardware more than I value showing off my autism to Sup Forums.

Is there a good Linux alternative for MPC-HC?

I tried to use vlc for the first time in years a few weeks ago on a shitty laptop and the video played back with huge artifacts that wouldn't fix themselves, and when I tried to change the time in the video it would work the first 2 times I changed it and it would get stuck afterwards.
I ended up having to play it with the builtin chrome video player, which worked perfectly. A god damn internet browser is better than that piece of shit...

>this fucking autism
> Again.

This thread should result in a permaban every time some cancerous faggot posts it.

People still download the haruhichan media player?

what task manager shit is this

makes sense since you're tech illiterate

>a little a minute

what

Why not Potplayer?

Can MPC play batch rar files without extracting?