Stallman love/hate thread

>His sister, Mona Simpson, described his death thus: "Steve's final words, hours earlier, were monosyllables, repeated three times. Before embarking, he'd looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life's partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them. Steve's final words were: 'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.'" He then lost consciousness and died several hours later.

>As Chicago Mayor Harold Washington said of the corrupt former Mayor Daley, "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone." —Richard Stallman

is rms a better person than jobs was?

No wonder he was good at coding he has like 42 fingers on his right hand.

Jobs was a horrible human bean according to whoever worked with him
Besides Stallman only spoke his mind, better than being a fakeass

Honesty is a better trait than compassion.

>choosing between a fat autistic manchild and a pseudo hippie ruthless corporate sociopath
>not choosing the cool and genuine hacker guy that the sociopath took advantage of
>or the finn did shit instead of talking about it

THIS
IS
WHY
I
COME
HERE.

I'm not saying this is symbolic of Steve Job's company, but this is symbolic of Steve Job's company.

>Honesty is a better trait than compassion.
Honesty & compassion: no exclusion; no excuse

Do you wish to imply Steve Jobs had honesty?

No, cause h-he was S-Satan, sir!

You're god damn right.

Stallman is amusing and I like what he does. Would never want to be around him though.

Can you imagine the odor?

Yeah, straight BO. I work with a guy who is Stallman-esque. Nice guy and really passionate about what he does, but stinks reeks of BO and will talk about his ideologies for 20min straight if triggered. I've even privately let him know about his BO problem and he refused to take the deodorant I keep in my desk.

Did any other co-worker talk about your autism problem to you? Telling someone straight up they smell bad is rude as fuck.

I think smelling bad when you know that you are going to be in social enviroment problem is worse

>I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.
the mad lad lol

stallman >

>tell coworker in private that he smells
>coworker gets offended and tells boss about it
>boss confirms the coworkers lack of hygiene

I don't see any problem with this. Someone who refuses to perform basic hygiene in a team dynamic is a liability. Especially if you have to meet with outside companies. Basic hygiene even is in the dress code for my company.

It is painful to hear, but so is knowing that you were making people uncomfortable the whole time.

There are subtle ways to get a message. Telling people point blank you smell terrible is mean as fuck and can ruin a working relationship. If you want to change 1 persons habits then you should target the collective group all at once with a memo so as not to single any person out. Write a memo saying daily showers and dental hygiene are a requirement because bad hygiene can ruin a deal with new customers or something. Workers who smell good will keep on track while the bad smelling workers will take the hint.

That approach only works if the offender knows they are the one that's being targeted. Some people are oblivious to how bad they smell and the tech industry tends to attract such people.

Also, sending such memo would also create unneeded gossip which can be worse.

With all the media featuring Stallman out there,
the lectures+questions, interviews etcetera,
is there anything where someone competent who does not agree with him gets to question him?

Fpbp