When will we NEED to leave 1080p?

when will we NEED to leave 1080p?

In one of two situations.
>4K becomes such a great standard that you can easily play at 144fps on a 4K 144hz display like today with 1080p
>8K becomes the new fad making people jump from 1080p to 8K

whenever you want to
unless you're a commie and do what everyone else does.

Never? Eyes can't see past 240p anyway

real question is when will people stop using 16:9?
the eye can't see past 4:3 anyway

But then amd poolars will get negative framerates lmfao

that's a great question and one i've also been curious
fonts with freetype will look better on 23" 4K ~190ppi
how is integer scaling on gnu?

Well, I have my screen far away from me (75cm or so), and I'm personally scared I won't be able to even SEE a monitor any larger at this distance, and I CANNOT come closer.

144hz is placebo. The eye can't see more than 25fps

It's not going to take off until the majority either have the hardware to play 4k BD or their internet has sufficient internet speed to stream even the most bit-starved service.

the human eye cant see more than 360p anyway
#4theplayers

hello pajeet,you need rupees from shillvidia to shill underpowered shit like 1060? Atleast shill a usefull gpu like 1070

For gaming? You can right now, just go out and buy the equipment.

For workspace? You can right now, just go out and buy the equipment.

For video? What exactly is the point? When was the last time you saw a 1080p video at near lossless quality? For most people the answer is "never" because they don't have the bandwidth to stream it and/or the disk space to store it (and many services, like YouTube, simply refuse to handle ultra high quality content). I don't know about anyone else, but I'd 1080p at a higher bitrate any day over yet more fucking pixels.

Remind me when we needed to leave 480p

that was like 20 fucking years ago

then we where stuck on 720p for what felt like 15 years

when they started offering HDTV.

>the eye can't see more than 25fps

dunno i guess like 1080p everything is nice and formatted for that sort of size generally. how long until 1440p is the standard?

When most anime is native 4k.

Isn't distance a factor?

So, never?

1080p is a video format for 1080 vertical lines of display using a progressive encoding method.

It is not a fucking resolution you fucking morons.

1080 is a resolution, 1080p is a video format. They are not one and the same thing.

>inb4 all the autism comments that don't apply
>inb4 all the 'you know what i meant' bullshit
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Did you know that being unable to recognize colloquial terms & intention of speech is one of the key symptoms of autism?

>1080 is a resolution

>buy 4K monitor
>text and menus look too small to be usable
>upscale so they look fine
>now I have the same experience as I would have had with a 1080p monitor, but with worse performance and more electricity usage
LMAO @ 4K faggots.

>1080 vertical lines of display using a progressive encoding method.
I think you mean horizontal lines desu.
This almost sounds like a play on the interjection pasta.

>The eye can't see more than 25fps
Are you fucking retarded? Play a game that is 25 FPS then 60. Yep. No difference.

I'll take "falling for the bait" for 2000, Alex(male)

1080p for PC use will stick around for almost forever until monitor makers stop jewing and you can get a 4k monitor cheap.
People are not going to get a 4k monitor for general PC use when that monitor cost $300-400, instead there going to get a 1080p monitor for ~$100 that gets the job done

4K TVs are starting to finally receive mainstream adaption because they are getting CHEAP and and not that much more compared to a 1080p TV of comparable size.