plus by 2020 all of them will use Systemd
Press F to the end of Linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
dedoimedo.com/computers/software-development-cancer.html
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A fork of Debian, Linux Devuan, has no Systemd.

Systemd is a choice.

>Linux Devuan
it will be dead in less than 1 year. People are boycotting systemd free system because they think the anti-systemd fags are real nazis that bring hate to the linux community
Plus as soon as Gnome desktop project is bundled with Ubuntu people won't have an option.

Pretty sad, desu senpai. I love Linux, but it's sad to see everything start to become a centralized and a clone of each other.

What will be the new underground platform for programmers and hackers?

Also,
>tfw you literally have to install gentoo to escape the botnet now

>The quality of distros is decreasing
>no arguments
>no anime pics
>no support to hurd or openbsd
And you could install openrc on debian and remove systemd.
Also we have Gentoo and Alpine linux.

>People are boycotting systemd free system because they think the anti-systemd fags are real nazis that bring hate to the linux community

Good. It keeps Devuan free from SJWs. Especially since they have a "no code of conduct" policy :^)

>devuan
>free sjws
:^)

>What is systemd?
Systemd is a init system developed by a globalist german whose aim is to destroy Linux by making it like a windows. FSF(the Rothschild of software) supports systemd. GNOME 3.8 is the first move by worldwide globalists to destroy the so-called "GNU" destkop projet.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

it is but not because of the systemd meme

quality is going down because devs and maintainers are collectively saying "We don't wanna bother with this testing shit! It's hard and boring! Can't we just have everything be rolling-release so we don't need to support or maintain anything, and we can just get on with adding whatever shiny thing we're captivated by this week?"

>SJWs are boycotting systemd free system because they think the anti-systemd fags are real nazis that bring hate to the linux community
FTFY

I've deployed 2 Manjaro OpenRC installations, a Devuan install and an Antix install across all the PCs in my network.

I choose Init Freedom

a rolling release is good as long as there is no beta/untested packages included
bleeding edge software is a meme

>Gentoo and Alpine linux.

Slackware has no systemd.

>Slackware has no systemd
now it does.

But soon!

This. What was functionally wrong with GNOME 2 and KDE 3.

dedoimedo.com/computers/software-development-cancer.html

>Systemd is a choice.
More like an opt-out.

there is nothing wrong with systemd

stop being retarded

0.002 shekels have been deposited on your account

Void linux

Until systemd gets so entangled in the Linux/GNU ecosystem it's not even opt-out.

Sure, technically, GNU is a choice and you could use another set of userspace components, but it's not a realistic choice, just a theoretical one.

>but it's not a realistic choice, just a theoretical one.
There is a thing called Android. It's shit, but still popular.

someone redpill me on why systemd is bad, I'm genuinely curious

This, also the major desktop and application devs - except for some jewels like Krita - are either that disconnected from their users or just give up.

Because it's much more than just an "init system" that comes with a lot of caveats.

You could just use something like launchd, if init isn't your thing.

But instead, what systemd is, is a layer over the kernel. Systemd wants you to use itself instead of the kernel, and it wants all Linux software to be reliant on it. For example, Gnome is now programmed against systemd rather than independent services.

And it's a stated goal of systemd to become *universal* and to become the standard for all distros.

So now you get a major problem. Systemd becomes a central point of failure present on all systems that utilize it. Is there a backdoor, intentionally placed there or not? Well, now it's on your computer too. Or your server, with important customer info.

And the size and complexity of systemd makes it extremely hard to audit and verify everything works like it should.

And there's some very serious dubious design decisions in systemd, including several very huge security vulnerabilities.

And the reliance on it? If there is an issue that comes up, well, shit. There's nothing else you can plug in in its place.

You know all those guys on here that go "lol just program in C/C++, memory safe languages are for losers. If you're any decent of a programmer, you won't make bugs." Yeah, those are the sort of people working on systemd.

Unix has a philosophy of "do one thing, and do it well," for a lot of reasons. And systemd clobbers the fuck out of that and shows why it's an important philosophy.

Have you considered the possibility that systemd is good and you're an idiot?

I have the freedom to choose Debian too.

>Is there a backdoor, intentionally placed there or not? Well, now it's on your computer too. Or your server, with important customer info.
>And the size and complexity of systemd makes it extremely hard to audit and verify everything works like it should.

I'd just like to expand on that by providing an example - if no DNS resolution is configured (including no DHCP and all that stuff) it will for whatever inane reason default to Google DNS, without telling you anything at all.
So, for instance, if you wanna remove DNS resolution from your system for some reason - an unusual decision, but perfectly reasonable for things like debugging or experimenting - instead your machine will silently be connecting to Google.
Not only is that a bad decision, but Google's DNS servers are obviously completely proprietary and unaudited. They could be logging all your requests. Even if they are not (which is nowhere near certain - companies like Google don't have a particularly good track record at not logging and storing user data), there's no guarantee they aren't running non-free software, and some people might be opposed to that. Personally I'm not a FOSS purist, but some people are, and the huge popularity of systemd means that there are almost certainly purists using it. This kind of approach means that the "but systemd is free software developed in open-source, you are a hater and a shill, go use alpine" argument is highly misleading.
Take a look at the bug report thread for the Google DNS issue for yourself, and see how people provide a plethora of valid arguments against this default and the dev just completely dismisses them all: bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658

Also here's the link from pic related, do have a look around at the fascinating world of systemd: without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd