7740k might even hit 6ghz on water since it has no integrated gpu. What's amd's response to this?

7740k might even hit 6ghz on water since it has no integrated gpu. What's amd's response to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nordichardware.se/nyheter/intel-core-i7-7740k-kaby-lake-x-syns-i-lacka-fran-sisoft.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nordichardware.se/nyheter/intel-core-i7-7740k-kaby-lake-x-syns-i-lacka-fran-sisoft.html

For reference, forgot it

Oh yes THE KING IS BACK.

It'll max out at 5.2 for conventional cooling. Just like the 7700K.

People said the 7700k would max out at 4.7 like the 6700k

My response is that you're absolutely retarded.
Oh and enjoy your 2.2V and 600 watts socket melting CPU and tub of free LN2

Sorry raja you're falling even further behind in single core performance

What's the igpu have to do with anything?

Curr. running on a 5Ghz frequency (OC 6700k)

>raja
We're talking about CPUs you braindead Sup Forumsedditor.

It takes up space and it does process information so it generates heat

Revelation 28:8

?

What 15 watts at full load? You won't be using that anyway. Negligible benefit, if any.

It's a poojet that responded to you

The integrated GPU is disabled, not removed, and it's still going to have jizz for TIM, so you're still going to have to DELID DIS. It'll go 100 MHz over the 7700K, guaranteed.

AMD's response is to release more highly efficient price/performance champions that normal human beings who aren't retarded gaymurr fanboys obsessed with MUH CLOX will buy instead.

Heathen

>AMD's response is to release more highly efficient price/performance champions that normal human beings who aren't retarded gaymurr fanboys obsessed with MUH CLOX will buy instead.
Just like the good old days.

More space for cores and no igpu should allow even higher overclocks. If it does over 5.5 I will replace my 7700k

are you pretending to be retarded or getting paid to be retarded?
disabling the iGPU does not increase the overclocking potential one bit. It only increases stock clocks.

Don't act like AMD wouldn't want high clocks also. Ryzen can't clock for shit, it has no igpu and no TIM

No they don't. They can just increase IPC in future generations of Zen.

It's one less thing generating heat

>indian intelectuals

The GPU draws zero power when a dedicated GPU is plugged in, and it hasn't since 2010.
Any improvement(if any) in overclocking come from a better process, but since both still use 14nm+, there will be no change, Kabylake isn't even like 5 months old.

more cores = less clock
no iGPU = same as any 7700k with iGPU disabled, i.e. 95% of them
you = tech illiterate mongrel

>The GPU draws zero power when a dedicated GPU is plugged in

Is you retarded?

Zen is a new architecture. There is a lot of room for improvement. The one advantage Intel still has is single core, and that will be almost completely erased when the more efficient Zen 2 comes out. Tick-tock has now become a countdown to Intel's complete irrelevancy.
iGPU uses like 0.2 watts when not in use. Wow it's fucking nothing, cocksucking shill.

Stop respond to the fucking idiot.

No, Pajeet. You need to learn proper English first.

Igpu uses 15watts. Prepare for 6ghz poo man

less heat = higher stock clocks
nothing else

No iGPU does nothing for overclockers because they have the iGPU disabled anyway.

And the award for most retarded OP of the day goes to..

LOL! He trolled you AMDfags good, such fucking easily baited children lmao

Less heat means higher thermal headroom for overclocking you dumb indian

with 170w-tdp maybe

B-but muh ghz and gaymin performance, goyim. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUT it's time for a new socket.

You mean half of amd's rx580? Lmfao

Given voltage scaling is non-linear it'll probably drink more juice than a 9590.

>intel
>holocaust joke

it fits

AMDs response is known

MOAR CORES

I miss IBM, imagine how the kikes at Intel felt when they had to license practically everything((and still do a lot of stuff) from the folks who helped gas their 6 trillion
Of course a kikes quickly forget their dignity for money

This isnt possible. The reason I dont believe this is because the enterprise chips cannot deliver anywhere near this. If Intel has been sitting on this shit why are they not adding to their 6k chips to get people to buy them?

>intel sits on the usual i3/i5/i7 with IGP
>AMD releases 6/8 core Ryzen without IGP

>intel releases CPUs without IGP
>AMD releases 4 core APU with integrated Vega IGP

can't wait for the next months, they will be very nice.

With a free tube of Ln2? Lol, it's still 14nm+, you'd be lucky to get 50MHz more than the 7700k.
You can pray it's not TIM though.

Intel are not even proper kikes, they are a bunch of greedy corporate monkeys.

>AMD releases an extremely efficient new architecture
>Intel's response is to crank up the wattage, TDP, and clocks and keep prices high
We're just missing the OEM bribing and other under-the-table bumfuckery. I missed you, Netburst Intel.

We need ICC gimping ayymd again.

I can't wait for Agner Fog's analysis, the enthusiast/power user part of the market will literally fucking detonate with the force of a thousand suns, the guys words are practically gospel like David Kanter's arch dives are.

While running at 6 000 000 C

Just watercool it.

Who is Agner Fog? What does he do? I've been hearing his name lately, but he doesn't have a wiki page or anything. I've mostly just gathered that he's a computer engineer, but what separates him from any other guy?

He found some code in starcraft that kill performance in amd CPUs

He's the guy with the most advanced SIMD library out(C++ vector class library), which is no small amount of times recommended over even the official AMD/Intel ones.
He's also the one who brought to light the whole ICC gimping bullshit which led to a 2 billion fine for Intel.

tl;dr he's the guy who's not employed by either company who knows the ins and outs of AMD's and Intel's chips the best, a real fucking wizard.

Oh. Well, shit. I guess if he says that AMD's IPC is generally better than Intel's, there's gotta be some truth to it.

You didn't actually need Agner fog to figure that out, there are a few benchmarks that actually take advantage of AMD's 4x complex decoders and it IPC it really shows, Intel's 1 complex + 3 simple can't really compare when programs are put to use said decoders.

Here's an example in a pure ST bench, when used it can feed the AMD cores far faster, even the 7700k is helpless, clockspeed matters shit when hardware has far more execution units.
If AMD gains marketshare, you can bet these things can be utilized more.

Oh wow what a shitshow

For these sorts of workloads Intel needs a hefty core advantage (nas naturally more cores = lower clocks) to make up the difference against a 1800x. Its why a lot of people are excited for what Naples may bring as it is going to be an absolute monster for a lot of stuff.

That review is quite interesting - the 1800x wins every single program they test.

They're all Linux tests, under Linux the 1800X gets so close to a 10 core 6950X it's almost scary.

Windows being a piece of shit with new non-standard hardware isn't exactly a new thing, Linux kernel had full enablement patches months before Zen launched.

If or when do you think Windows 10 will get any patches?

People always talk about IPC. But I wonder:

what's the actual IPC *value* under normal use cases? 0.8? 2? 0.3?

>inb4 it depends

then make an example you moron

>7740k might even hit 6ghz on water since it has no integrated gpu
just like haswell-e unlocked super overclocking powers because it ditched the igpu? retard logic.

When MS stops sucking Intels cock, so I can't exactly say.

Never. Windows needs less but fast cores rather than a lot of slow cores like amd. Games are the best example. The gpu needs 1 or 2 but real fast cores instead of 8 slow ones

Makes Naples even more interesting - nobody cares about windows in the server space so this sort of performance is nothing to scoff at.

IPC is 1) not a static thing and 2) meaningless without a comparison. I suppose though the normal result will always be 1.0 as a chip will run any given task as fast as it can, thus IPC can never be greater (or below) 1.0 without external factors.

Nobody asked you, shill that shows up in every one of these fucking threads with the same exact day one benchmarks on games that have already been patched. Fuck, even the image name is the same every time. Fuck off already.

IPC isn't static, in one thing it can be .6 of the competition while in the other it can be 1.5.

It's hard to quantify this stuff, there's far too many variables.

>meanwhile, in the 41st millenium...

you fukin wut m8s
step 1: run a program
step 2: measure how long it took
step 3: multiply that by the clock
step 4: divide the amount of instructions executed by the number you just got

and that's your IPC. Also, assuming applications run similarly fast on two similarly fast processors from intel and amd, IPC will also be similar.

You just don't know the actual number (or what IPC means).

Where's the 7700k in that graph? Funny because you compare poozen to 2 generation old intels and your indian cpu still loses. Pathetic

Just fucking stop it. It's not funny anymore.

IPC
IS
NOT
STATIC
YOU
FUCKING
APE

You have to look more than 2 benchmark to figure it out, if the IPC was same always, then you wouldn't see so much variance in benchmarks!

Some architectures have pipeline PITFALLS, meaning they fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE in certain workloads, like the one I'm posting right now.
Explain how the Broadwell-E is doing worse than Bulldozer? Explain how a chip with SMT cores that has over 55% IPC lose to fucking Bulldozer?

Stop talking about shit you have no fucking clue about, you shitty Sup Forumsermin

Check out this DigitalFoundry benchmark posted in April. No amount of time will make your poozens boost enough to catch up with intel.

S-S-S-SHUTUP

Posting the same wojak edits are not funny anymore. At least make some new ones.

>Some architectures have pipeline PITFALLS, meaning they fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE in certain workloads, like the one I'm posting right now.
you mean it depends on the use cases? like exactly what I was saying in my first post?

>>inb4 it depends
>then make an example you moron

The fact that it isn't static doesn't mean that it doesn't have values at specific point in times. Stop making a fool of yourself and just stop posting if you don't know the answer.

Stop posting, your post is literal diarrhea and it's obvious your whole knowledge about CPUs stems from some marketing grunt from youtube.

DESIGNATED

>might
:^)

>Nvidia gpu
>paired with ryzen
>in RoTTR

You're not even trying.

I'm actually making some test case in assembly to measure this, since I'm curious. And implementing a toy CPU in a FPGA and programming a toy cross compiler for it had nothing to do with my knowledge of CPUs.

Something tells me that YOUR knowledge about CPUs stems from Sup Forums though :)

>It's a Sup Forums tries to wrap its head around concepts it's incapable of computing but puts in cute effort before moving to shitposting

>"this benchmark is too old, not ryzen fault"
>"this gpu too good for ryzen, not ryzen fault"
>"this API no good, not ryzen fault"

I hope you see how stupid you look

It's good considers it will take amd another 8 years before reaching 4.5 ghz lmao

>clocks are everything

>says faildozer

>muh faildozer
What was shitburst?

Its been proven that that specific combo of hardware and software gives lower performance than having ryzen and an AMD gpu. Why do you think Sup Forums suddenly loves RoTTR?

>both 3.5 meme and keklers are lower than non-x 290
My sides.

Ah, what happens when those 4096 ALUs can actually be put to use.

Or your indian cpu is just shit and can't communicate information to the gpu fast enough?

>indian
Since when Keller, Clark or Papermaster are indiands? Shoo shoo Rajeesh.

The order in that benchmark is almost exactly in order of a gpu's compute performance, so whatever DoW III is doing it isn't pushing the front end of those gpus.

Amd is a literal indian company. The guys that put ryzen together wipe their poo with their bare hands after they shit in the street you stupid pajeet

>Cherry picking this hard

You have to go back, Rajeesh.

AMD's GPUs prefer a continuous stream of data to the command processor while Nvidia's ones want data in batches, these batches probably overwhelm AMD's frontend and leads to stalls.