How did Apple go from this

How did Apple go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcmag.com/smartphones/47565/news/apple-aims-to-use-only-recycled-materials
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...to this?

What's your point?

the same thing just more thinner and faster. The fuck is wrong with this?

If your point is how did apple go from a laptop workstation that included a sufficient amount of multiple ports to complete basic daily tasks to a computer that has no ports and expects you to do everything wirelessly (therefore unsecurely), then I have no fucking idea bud but the Macbook Pro brand has been completely destroyed.

Keyboard and bezels apart (the keyboard on the new MBP is really atrocious) what's your point? The main advantages of the former can't even be seen (i.e. super easy to swap components).

Less ports, no magsafe, shitty keyboard, shits unnecessarily thin, has a fucking gimmicky touch bar on the keyboard.

How big does the trackpad need to become before iFags realize trackpads will always suck no matter their size whereas a trackpoint is perfection and leaves plenty space for the keyboard even when adding extra rows?

There's more consumers than professionals. Consumers want thin and light laptops with long battery life, they don't need extra processing power. It would be foolish not to focus on what the majority of your buyers want.

This plus it has the word "pro" in it.
And no professional tools have the word "pro" in them.
"pro" means consumer level, it's short for "prosumer"

They should just make different models like everyone else. Business laptops for businesses, consumer laptops for consumers. Even diehard Applefags are dropping the MBP.

>A number of ergonomic studies to compare trackpoint and touchpad performance have been performed.[12][13] Most studies find that touchpad is slightly faster; one study found that "the touchpad was operated 15% faster than the trackpoint".[14] Another study found that average object selection time was faster with a touchpad, 1.7 seconds compared to 2.2 seconds with a trackpoint, and object manipulation took 6.2 seconds with a touchpad, on average, against 8.1 seconds with trackpoint.[15]

really makes you think

I think you have misunderstood just what a laptop is for.
Seriously user I highly doubt you sit with multiple usb devics at a business meeting.

>Make keyboard shitty to have more space for a useless touchpad.
Apple logic.

I'll bet that doesn't take into account switching from typing to using the mouse pointer.

And it certainly doesn't take into account scrolling. - something people do for hours on end while browsing the internet, and which is super comfy with a trackpoint while it's awkward as fuck with a trackpad.

This thing is a perfec example that apple is out of ideas for decades now.

>INNOVASHION

Their laptops have gone from machines for professionals to machines for hipsters.

I own several ThinkPads. The trackpoints were only useful when I was working outdoors in cold weather with them and I didn't have to take my gloves off. Otherwise, they're the shittiest pointing devices right after trackball mice and joysticks. ThinkPads are good for other reasons. The trackpoint alone is not a reason to buy one.

This only applied to the MacBook Airs for a long time. The Pros were mostly used by engineers who need CAD programs but don't want to deal with Windows. I'm an engineer and I have a 2011 MBP. As soon as update support is dropped I'm going to buy a Dell XPS or Lenovo X1 Carbon and hackintosh it.

I need USB A ports to connect all kinds of stuff like programmers to flash EEPROMs and stuff, or to get information off of flash drives without a dongle, or even to plug in my card reader to log in remotely when I want to work from home. USB C only laptops are stupid.

ITT
Anons flounder around trying to invent ways that Apple has somehow failed.

You're a special use case. The Chinese make laptops for you.

Steve fell in love with VAIO laptops and poached their designers, true story

it baffles me how much they keep their design language throughout decades.

when you get it right, you get it right

>scrolling
>better with a trackpoint than an MacBook trackpad

Are you deluded?

First one is part of the MoMA's permanent collection, one of the pinnacles of industrial design in laptops along with the Thinkpad 701C
Second one is bashed even by Apple apologists

The only thing that survives from the PowerBook era is aluminium, the design language is completely different starting with the unibodies

I don't move my fingers a millimeter when scrolling up and down websites, I just have my thumb and index finger on the middle button and trackpoint and I can scroll in every direction smoothly just by applying pressure backwards and forwards. No swooping finger gestures against something that you have to take your fingers repeatedly on and off of. Don't know if macs have chiral scrolling but even then you have to reposition your finger at the center of the trackpad afterwards.

underrated

au.pcmag.com/smartphones/47565/news/apple-aims-to-use-only-recycled-materials

Daily reminder that Apple is looking to sell literal trash to the sheeple.

good job not refuting anything dumbass

trackpoint a shit

If you could drink enough beech to deal with Leopard it was a great laptop. The batteries fucking growing was a pretty big deal tho. I worked at a company that bought 20 of these, within a year half of them had to be replaced because the batteries would start grow from the bottom of the laptop like a tumor.

Both are fucking shit.

>I need USB A ports to connect all kinds of stuff like programmers to flash EEPROMs and stuff, or to get information off of flash drives without a dongle, or even to plug in my card reader to log in remotely when I want to work from home. USB C only laptops are stupid.

MacBooks are targeted to creative individuals and normies. You're not going to use a 1 port device ever if you're so busy with peripherals. What are you mad about?

>work from home
Just get a desktop already.

>Are you deluded?
so yes then

>Iconnect all kinds of stuff like programmers to flash EEPROMs and stuff
>get information off of flash drives without a dongle
>plug in my card reader to log in remotely when I want to work from home.

then stop looking at ultrabooks if thats not your use case faggot.

But there are ultrabooks that have USB A user. Only Apple products are shit at connectivity. My XPS has 3 USB A's and a card reader, while being smaller and weighing less than a MBP.

The Acer Swift 7 does not have this problem.

What can Mac OS do that Windows + Ubuntu subsystem cant?

Why do you have to take your fingers off the keyboard? Just use your thumb.

>be professional
>want laptop can review work at coffee shop
>want light laptop with long battery life

"More powerful" laptops don't really make a big difference IMO. If I want to do heavy work, I ssh into my desktop at home or work server.

so you never do real work anywhere other than at home or your office? what if you want inspiration somewhere like in a forest? i always do my shit near the woodland creatures.

>i always do my shit near the woodland creatures.
pajeet detected

he said woodland creatures, not the middle of the fucking street.

They have the best Ecosystem money can buy. Look I am seriously not trying to be a shill, but user every single product they have works together as if they were made for each other.