>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Noppoo-new-108-electrostic-capacitive-pro-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-detachable/818123_2039433313.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/RC930-104-electrostatic-capacitive-pro-full-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-55g-45g-switches-gaming-keyboard-RGB/818123_32600997780.html
massdrop.com/buy/royal-kludge-rc930-87
banggood.com/RK-RC930-104-Keys-Electrostic-Capacitive-Programable-Gaming-keyboard-45g-55g-for-Your-Choi-p-979481.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1433
world.tmall.com/item/526177787602.htm#detail?skuId=3202059279717
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-anode-aluminum-high-Profiles-made-in-china/2230037_32790357144.html
world.taobao.com/item/537653557670.htm?fromSite=main
aliexpress.com/item/why_the_fuck_do_you_need_another_case/32790357144.html
aliexpress.com/item/stop_being_so_vague_you_fag_how_the_fuck_was_I_supposed_to_know_that_when_all_you_said_was_Are_there_any_minimal_mechanical_keyboards_If_you_were_more_specific_then_I_would_have_been_better_able_to_find_the_keyboard_you_were_looking_for/32806731494.html
handheldsci.com/kb
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170426190903&SearchText=cherry tester
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for premium cup rubber.

I want something fullsize and I fucking hate the meme layout of the FC980C.

If picture related was available in topre I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

whats wrong with noppoo topre clones?

Any good keysets I can order from Aliexpress?

Why not have rubber and buckling springs?

Anything from KBPfans

The last couple of threads have been pretty boring. Let's talk Sup Forumsuys. What things have you been interested inn and looking at?

I just ordered my first third party key set and now I'm looking into 75% boards with standard keys and DIY boards. I want to build my dream keyboard, lay out similar to Noppoo choc mini, rgb's in the case and behind the keys just because, black aluminum case, GMK hydro.
Any keysets or boards that have caught your eye lately?

Fuck you 1800 layout and its variants is best layout
>all the functionality of a fullsize
>aesthetically pleasing gaps that help locate different key clusters
>only slightly bigger than a TKL

How do you like the M9 compared to other pistols?

Also are you rish as fuck or something to own all those funs

I don't know much about them to be honest.

Is the white/gray 108EC-Pro the only model available or is there more? I don't exactly dig that aesthetic(or rather, it's fine, but it fits exactly nothing else I own and that's gonna trigger me every time I look at my desk)

I want a FC980C with the controller, silenced MX stems, and an Al case. I've been such a fan of my CP-SQ at work that I'd like to merge it with my Novatouch for home. However it doesn't seem like stem replacement is fully viable yet - the ones you can buy require some drilling for the stabilised keys, and you're completely boned with the space bar I hear. I don't know how soon (if ever) an Al case would come about, either.

Maybe someday.

As for caps, I want to see what kind of colourways will come out for MT3. I think the feel of SA matches that of Topre pretty well, so I'd be plum tickled to see something interesting come out in high-profile spherical PBT with decent legends.

topre is the meme of memes

if you aren't ready to spend that kind of money then stick to cherries or something. i have to admit that topre seems nice looking at/listening to those videos but they require a decently large budget to get what you want out of them.

there's the RGB version with all white caps

aliexpress.com/store/product/Noppoo-new-108-electrostic-capacitive-pro-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-detachable/818123_2039433313.html

but i would recommend getting thick PBT keycaps in whichever colors you prefer to replace the stock ones. you can get a set for like $20-40.

I POSTED IT AGAIN

aliexpress.com/store/product/RC930-104-electrostatic-capacitive-pro-full-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-55g-45g-switches-gaming-keyboard-RGB/818123_32600997780.html

So this meme is now cheap on aliexpress. Anyone here bought them?

>Sorry, this item is no longer available!
whoops

maybe wait for this assdrop

massdrop.com/buy/royal-kludge-rc930-87

>Sorry, this item is no longer available!

banggood.com/RK-RC930-104-Keys-Electrostic-Capacitive-Programable-Gaming-keyboard-45g-55g-for-Your-Choi-p-979481.html

Why the fuck is it still so expensive if it's a fucking copy???

capacitive sensors are expensive m8, but that keyboard used to be 100 bucks
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1433

I can't seem to find any mechanical keyboards for an honest price that aren't marketed for gaymurs who easily get memed.

Are there any minimal mechanical keyboards, preferably knockoff Cherry, around 50 dollars, wireless, with low as possible resistance that a very kind and compassionate soul can find for me?

it's niche and it's relatively expensive to make. a cherry switch just has a physical metal on metal connection. this is capacitive like the touchscreen on your smartphone.

RK61 is 50 bucks with genuine cherry mx switches
world.tmall.com/item/526177787602.htm#detail?skuId=3202059279717

are there any cheaper ones without the gay little lights?

rk61 without the lights

hey guys, new here.

Just picked up the KUL cherry MX brown. also bought some blue dampener rings off amazon that will be arriving soon.

I'm kinda bummed all the other switches were sold out from KUL, does anyone feel that red switches would be superior? Looking for extreme speed and dexterity.

Love the form factor on this though, the design and build is flawless IMO

any cases that fit TADA?

I found mx reds to be really shitty, my typing suffered from them.
I'm using gateron reds now and they're much better.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-anode-aluminum-high-Profiles-made-in-china/2230037_32790357144.html

There are other places to buy them for cheaper, like Taobao if you wanna try with the Chinks:

world.taobao.com/item/537653557670.htm?fromSite=main

This one, but only the read and blue ones are in stock
aliexpress.com/item/why_the_fuck_do_you_need_another_case/32790357144.html
The RS68 case should also fit.

>why_the_fuck_do_you_need_another_case
lol nice. but seriously why do you need one? did you scratch the old one or something?

why do you feel the reds are better? will my mx brown improve with the o ring dampeners?

I looked up a red gateron and they dont seem too expensive...

THICC

Thats not thick
this is THICC

SHEEEEEIT

red cherries are super light and it's very easy to miss-press either through your own shitty typing or because your headphone cable brushes a key.

the gateron reds feel better.
they're still a light linear switch but they feel smoother and more predictable.
I've never owned browns.

No cursor keys / ins del print pause?
Dealbreaker. Sorry but thanks for looking.

I feel like I would regret this so much about one day after trying to use them.

FUCK that must cost like $5.63/cap

>print pause
really nigga

>at home checkin twitter
>spill malt liquor all over myself
>hit the pause key to pause my computer while i go change

lol what

anyway you're being too picky for $50 for a wireless mechanical keyboard

Here you go!
aliexpress.com/item/stop_being_so_vague_you_fag_how_the_fuck_was_I_supposed_to_know_that_when_all_you_said_was_Are_there_any_minimal_mechanical_keyboards_If_you_were_more_specific_then_I_would_have_been_better_able_to_find_the_keyboard_you_were_looking_for/32806731494.html

What's the low down on MX Clear switches?

Good or too damn heavy?

best switches cherry has ever made

there are compact keyboards with int del print pause and cursor keys tucked in boi, you showed me one that was even more compact than that

What's a good cheap solution to make my keyboard bluetooth?

But none of those are $50 bucks, also you never asked for that. Maybe if you said that from the start I would've told you to up your budget, or drop the wireless requirement.

so you want a 75% layout, maybe 65%. those are more niche and i'd be surprised if you could find a good one or one at all that's wireless for $50

An adapter
handheldsci.com/kb
But you have to be fast
>Price: $39. Due to high demand, this product is currently out of stock. Our April 1st production was sold out in one week. We expect it be back in stock on May 1, 2017. We appreciate your patience.

That guide is confusing as fuck but I'm new to mech keys so maybe it's just me

>sold by a scammer
is he literally a scammer or more of a snake oil salesman?

Waiting for EliteKeyboards to get Realforce 87u-55s in white/gray back in stock is suffering.

Too bad the only other option is massively overpaying on eBay. Fuck.

>buy Beaglebone Black
>add wifi adapter and USB hub
>get mouse/KB/speaker Bluetooth device that can switch hosts via TCP commands through Ethernet

Neither - the Sup Forums label I think most closely applies is "jew", because it's just expensive is all.

First MK
>budget
Midrange ($100- $175)
>location
Northeast U.S.
>switch type
Based on the imgur pic in the template I think I want Cherry MX Clear but, this is my first mk so take me to school
>layout
ANSI
>form factor
Tenkeyless or 75% (though I know they're rare)
>backlit
Yes but, only white. No colors. If there exists clear lettered keys so the lettering only shows up when backlit that would be really cool but I don't expect them to.

I think that its more to do with how he said he'll fix the problem of wobbly switches, but after what 5 rounds they still aren't fixed. Last September he said that this round will be the one, but I don't believe him.

magicforce has one for 80 bucks
There is the vortex race

All cherry-style switches wobble to some extent. Did he say he would improve it, take orders based on this premise, then it turned out he did nothing when people got the product? I got in on R1 so I stopped following it.

That's pretty much what happened. Though thanks to him gateron can't make cherry clear clones.

He forces Gateron not to create Gateron Purple/Old Clears, then sells them himself at a way higher margin than normal Gateron switches. And he constantly releases "revisions" to deal with key wobble, which doesn't actually address the issue, but makes his stupid fanbase buy more Zealios.

This looks awsome. Does it come in black?

kek

Where's the part where he said R2 (to which I assume your image refers) has "fixed" keywobble? I'm actually curious my man.

And you'll find no empathy from me about the exclusivity thing.

You absolutely need a Cherry test board. Describing the feeling of each switch in words is worthless. I almost bought a keyboard with Cherry browns because it sounded like something I'd like. Luckily I decided to buy a tester board first and found that I hated the way browns felt. I ended up preferring Cherry blacks.

I assume you mean black keycaps since the keyboard is black, but the answer to that is no. You'll have to buy separate black keycaps. There are all black 75% keyboards, but none of the ones I found had clears. Just the magicforce and race

i got blues and they were exactly like i imagined them

What about the weight? I was surprised by how light they were.

Gateron Clear is Jesus' preferred switch.

no i had already read that they're light

Nice my man

>makes his stupid fanbase buy more Zealios
>makes
I have no pity for the mentally disabled.

I had to scratch an autistic itch I had an hour ago, so I designed a new keyboard layout to market to Power Users™ and meme up the price.

The philosophy is, essentially, to have a fully function fullsize keyboard compressed into a single rectangle without spaces and making some minor adjustments.

Explain to me how and why this is either worth manufacturing or completely autistic shartware.

The image refers to R4 actually, but hopefully R5 will have all these problems fixed. What I really want is for gateron to sell cherry clear clones

He doesn't even say that he's gonna fix it in that post.

A friend of mine just got a Gateron Black keyboard, he let me get first crack at it to compare it against my MX Black keyboard. Tons of people say the MX Blacks are gritty especially compared to Gateron but i'm just not feeling it. They feel really close to me besides the Gateron being slightly lighter feeling.

Also the quality on these off brand chink boards is impressive. Outside of some tacky branding this MXX board is outstanding

Appreciate the help and yea, I'm getting a key tester. Even after after I decide what I like apparently they're just fun to play with.

What the FUCK is up with that right control? Also just stick with the lightsaver layout.

>my MX Black keyboard
Which is?

What youll think

you can go even smaller. If you really wanted you could add function keys ontop, but I wanted to stay in the same space as a 60% keyboard

the keys are too nonstandard. you can have 1.75u right shift and maybe 1.5u/1.0u bottom row modifiers and that's it. there are already similar layouts like on masterkeys pro m anyway.

MX Blacks will smooth out with use. How long have you used yours? Mine that I've used for a year and a half are noticeably smoother.

which kit did you buy for the testing? using browns now and Im thinking I may be in the same boat

Being it's a compassion of switches it doesn't really matter but my current board is a Leopold

I don't remember my board being scratchy when I get it though.

Right now i'm collecting vintage Cherry Blacks for a custom TKL board i'm gonna build but i'm gonna put a heaver spring in them and lube them.

Wrist rests are objectivity bad for you, besides that I really like it

Is that some honeywell colourway?

This is so close to being perfect, just needs ducky style media keys above the numbpad to be perfect. Well also needs more switch selection.

Wish another company would take a stab at this layout

Yes he does. Anyway this one was for R4.5 after R4 was still more wobbly then normal gateron switches.
If you just look through his reddit comments you can see multiple times where he addresses the wobble issue and that he is working for a solution to the next round.

yeah I got bored

>some "designer" on reddit makes a honeywell scheme
>redditors get butthurt because one of their own already made a honeywell scheme
>no one realizes the "original redditor" just took it from honeywell corp in the first place

keycap colorway drama retards

Really. Well then I should start copying honeywell so that I can have an army of idiots defending me.

>on the fence about spending $200+ on keycaps
>see that they added blanks

well there goes the last reason I had for holding out, that blank homing-deep-dish key

maybe your cherry blacks were manufactured quite some time ago and they're not the same as the ones they're making now

so since that other user left I guess...is there such a thing as the "best" test kit? if I'm spending money on a goddamn mock keyboard it better be top shit lol

there are plenty of test kits on aliexpress
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170426190903&SearchText=cherry tester

>the "best" test kit
All the switches wired into Beaglebone Black GPIO and set up to play a clip of the mechanical properties and history of the switches you push. Then mass produce them and sell them to Best Buy or hipsters.