/pcbg/ - PC Building General

/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

State the PURPOSE of your PC & BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify goal: lower price or improved specs?
ctrl+f to see if your question was answered already

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Information on how to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

Currently worthwhile CPUs:
>G4560 for budget builds (i3 are only worthwhile for dwarf fortress & single-purpose emulator boxes
>i5 aren't worthwhile. Get Ryzen 5, drop down to G4560, or up to R7/i7
>R5 1400 is not worthwhile unless discounted
>delidded i7-7700k is good but pricey. If over budget, an R5 is probably as good or better for you
>R7/Xeon for compute/multitask/mixed use

Currently worthwhile GFX cards:
>RX570, RX480(if cheap & not blower), RX580, 1070, 1080, 1080TI
>RX550/RX560 is worth considering if you just need 6 monitor support for cheap or play low end shit
>1060 is worth considering if same/cheaper in your country and you don't care about Freesync, or already have GSync. 1050Ti is for mITX builds
>RX570 is usually all you need for 1080p@60hz.
>Nvidia GPU + Ryzen has issues in many games atm
>Budget builds: consider integrated graphics over a card weaker than RX560
>May for Vega

General:
>No brand/model loyalty. Parametric filters on pcpartpicker can help
>Consider larger SSD-only for what you budget SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't for faster OS boot. They're primarily for productivity as a scratch disk
>mATX can often save cost as the board+case is usually cheaper
>1 DIMM is slower than 2 DIMMs, you dumbfucks.

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with and report.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Team-Vulcan-16GB-2-x-8GB-288-Pin-DDR4-SDRAM-DDR4-3000-PC4-24000-Desktop-Memo-/381812771803
ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=refurbforless&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ryzen&_sop=15
ebay.com/itm/262795813167?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#viTabs_0
ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-Mini-ZT-P10800H-10P-8GB-GDDR5X-IceStorm-Cooling-Dual-F-/381941454927
pcpartpicker.com/list/tLJHD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/K68wXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/t9CVTH
pcpartpicker.com/list/DJtBd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/yt9Q9W
pcpartpicker.com/list/q92NFd
pcpartpicker.com/list/4rqyTH
pcpartpicker.com/list/tZXGRG
jet.com/product/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-Radeon-RX-470-4GB-OC-Edition-AMD-Gaming-Graphics-Card-with-DP-14-/b5a0eed5f59e4460965bb264e3d46c24
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352054
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has anyone on here used the Newegg financing?

Best AB350 mom board?

2 hours left to buy new stuff off ebay shops with a $15 discount over $75.

PSHOPSAVE15 at checkout.

>ebay.com/itm/Team-Vulcan-16GB-2-x-8GB-288-Pin-DDR4-SDRAM-DDR4-3000-PC4-24000-Desktop-Memo-/381812771803
$110 2x8GB DDR4 3000

>ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=refurbforless&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ryzen&_sop=15
$138 R5 1400
$155 R5 1500X
$205 R5 1600X
$305 R7 1700X
$425 R7 1800X

>ebay.com/itm/262795813167?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#viTabs_0
$58 23" refurbished 75Hz Freesync 7ms Lenovo IPS.

>ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-Mini-ZT-P10800H-10P-8GB-GDDR5X-IceStorm-Cooling-Dual-F-/381941454927
$455 1080 Mini

dunno for ATX but for mATX the ASRock Pro4, GB Gaming 3, and Prime.

Just ordered a Nitro+ 580 8GB for $250 and free shipping
How badly did I fuck up?

>Sapphire

Is there supposed to be a problem with this comic? It's an instructional for kids on how to install a GPU. If you tell me you autists are buttbothered by this for some meme reason or another, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

???

Should've gotten XFX instead.

>XFX
>over Sapphire

Thoughts?

pcpartpicker.com/list/tLJHD8

I could switch some stuff around. After all, I'm just starting to make some savings for this.

Sapphire has a higher power draw than XFX and runs hotter.

Bullshit, that was with the 480

Guys, I am so fucking confused about all these intel vs amd wars. For every benchmark saying 7700k is better in gaming, there is a benchmark saying that it is not. The more research I do, the less I understand what is happening. Help me with my build, please.
So, I am going to pick:
MSI 1080 (maybe vega if it is available in beginning of June)
16g corair or g.skill ram at 3200
Samsung evo 850 500g
And then there are 2 options: 7700k with Asus z270e or 1700x with asrock taichi x370.
So, what I am using my PC is mostly gayming (basic stuff like SC2, some new games, hots, maybe some arma 3), watching stuff, browsing stuff, simple work (excel, word). I have 1080p monitor at 60hz and don't plan to upgrade it. This PC I plan to use for 3-4 years (maybe change GPU sooner).
I don't really mind losing 10% fps in games but I just want to get a good product. So I want to understand what would I gain by sacrificing those 10%. I personally like amd, as I used old amd cpu and ati gpu when I was in school, so I kinda want to support it and go Ryzen. But I am afraid of some things like game performance might be lower then expected (esp in arma), there are some cpu degradation spooky tales, the overclocking is a lottery and I don't really understand whether I would have to oc it or not, and I don't really understand whether 1700x is actually a good cpu or is it just hype and 7700k would actually be the best pick here. This is an expensive purchase, so I don't want to regret it later. Could someone please help me with those questions with some details and not just say - go first option /thread.

Thanks

Try to aim for faster memory if possible, scale down GPU to a 570 if you're going to play 1080p60 and use that money towards a bigger monitor maybe?

You're going extremely overkill for 1080p60, especially if you're not changing the monitor soon. An R5 1600 and a 570/580 4GB is probably more than enough for your use case.

The Ryzens just have smoother FPS. 7700k has higher maxes. It's not hard to understand.

----

Anyone know if the ASRock HDV mobos are any good? The Pro4s are out of stock

>7700k
>better for gaming
only averages, the 1% and .1% is way worse then AMD, its the cause of the stuttering on the 7700k

This

what the hell.
Why do you think the OP picture has to be ironic or something? It's just cute.

As far as RX480s went, the XFX GTR was by far the best. No reviews of the RX580 GTR-S yet, but would assume it's just even better.
Sapphire is solid. Can't go wrong with them. But they're not always the best.
Red Devil GS also appears to be better than the Sapphire. But the Sapphire is definitely better than the Gigabyte cards and shit.

Won't know how good it is until you get it and try to overclock to 1500MHz on the core and 8800 on the VRAM.

Asrock Pro4. I got the ATX version, installed with no issues at all, no ram issues thus far

Sounds good enough.
How about this:

pcpartpicker.com/list/K68wXH

Is PowerColor reliable? The name alone doesn't inspire much trust to me

I want to put together a super small build to travel with that I will end up gaming on for several hours at a time.

Thinking mITX

Would buying a cheaper Vishera 8-core processor be okay?

Powercolor is good, I had a 7870 Myst (Tahiti) and it was a solid card

For the price, cooler, VRMs and Boost clock I couldn't not pull the trigger

>mobo
Get either AsRocks or Gigabyte Gaming 3.

>2400mhz
>ryzen
Hah. Get 3200. Don't worry, I'll save you money somewhere else.

>sandisk
No. Crucial MX300.

>evga fully mod
Just get a seasonic semi mod.

Get an RX570 4GB when it's 1080p 60hz. You're spending $40 more for pretty much nothing.

Get a better motherboard like the pro4 or gaming 3.
And you can buy 3000MHz RAM for that same price if you lurk more.

> For every benchmark saying 7700k is better in gaming, there is a benchmark saying that it is not
7700k when overclocked not GPU bottlenecked is plain-and-simple going to win on averages in 99% of games.
But it's not as smooth. On some games it out right gets 75ms+ hangs. Its minimums aren't as good. This makes a Ryzen 6 core or 8 core pull ahead at 1440p and 4K in a majority of games from the past few years. And lots of games plain max out the 7700k @ 5Ghz on all 8 threads without reaching 144fps.

If you want the best average FPS, which personally I don't think is the best metric to judge by, get the 7700k and delid it.
If you want it to be much more consistently smooth, better value, and to do more than just be a glorified gaming console, get the Ryzen 6 or 8 core.

Also you're probably seeing a lot of day1 benchmarks on 2400MHz RAM while the 7700k is on 3600 and shit, BIOS were worse, Windows was worse, etc.
The Tech Altar and legitreviews did more recent benchmarks.
And on Linux, Ryzen gets a 5-20% performance increase and often beats the single core IPC of Kabylake. Go figure.

>Why do you think the OP picture has to be ironic or something? It's just cute.

Because there's a radeon in it.

>Anyone know if the ASRock HDV mobos are any good?
Dumb question. Do you see a heatsink on them?
Wait for Pro4 to go back in stock or get the Gaming 3.

>Is PowerColor reliable?
Red Dragon: no. Red Devil: definitely.
Also, their warranty service is great unlike many others these days.

>For the price, cooler, VRMs and Boost clock I couldn't not pull the trigger
Overclockability is more important than stock clocks. Overclocking GPUs is so easy..

>Thinking mITX
>Would buying a cheaper Vishera 8-core processor be okay?
No. Too hot.

How R9 290 compares to RX570? It would cost me 80 euro less (120 vs 200+).

Is this cooler good enough for a gaming build with a r7 1700x if I'm not planning on overclocking it, /pcbg/?

So, pretty much like this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/t9CVTH

>Dumb question. Do you see a heatsink on them?
Why do people like you assume we all know what that shit looks like? Not everyone can just look at a mobo and see if it's quality.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/K68wXH
Get the DDR4 3000 for $110 off ebay instead, stupid.

And get the Red Devil RX570. It's clocked 7% higher for only $5 more and its cooler is better. If it fits in the case, that is.

Or get that refurbished 75Hz freesync. That might be a better use of the coupon when there is only a $10 dif for 3200MHz RAM instead.

>legitreviews
Thanks for your answers, anons. It is just that all my friends are telling me to go intel. And ryzen is such a new product that it is a hard choice. I actually think I will go Ryzen. Even though I am confused, it kinda attracts me more.
Also, I am embarrassed that I don't know this after 10 years of pc gaiming but now I wonder - if I have 60hz monitor, am I able to see difference between 60 and 100 fps? I remember that back in cod4 on promod everyone was setting 125 and 250 and agreed that there was difference.

>one of the best coolers you can buy

yeah, probably

oh shit, that wasn't meant to be sarcastic or anything, I just highlighted the name of the source to google it. Thank for advice, man

>one of the best coolers you can buy 5 years ago
no

Get an H7, C1, or stop being a lazy faggot and look up some cooler comparison reviews for ones in the 140-180W TDP range that compare heat dissipation vs noise and value.

>Over clocking GPUs is so easy
Apparently not Polaris 20
Still very favorably in terms of performance

Hey guys, quick question

I had really limited budget but i ordered i5 7500, gtx 1060 6gb, 8gb DDR4 Ram rig. Will it be fine for smooth gaming on 1920x1080 resolution on newer games like battlefield 1?

Thanks in advance

>Too hot

What would be a decent budget CPU for a traveling itx build then?

Might as well go for 16gb. 8gb is fine, but I have found there are games now that demand 8gb minimum.

I put in an extra 8gb today just to get some extra performance

So you had a limited budget but overpaid for your build?

I don't want to deal with upgrade kits. These will probably be sent with the cheapest kind of shipping that has no tracking and can't be sent internationally.

What you mean?

Another quick question - I never OCed cpus before. If I take 1700x and OC it to 3.8-3.9 with 1.35-1.4 voltage, would it be stable enough for a long-term run under typical use and games? What I mean is - will it run stable for 3-4 years at that clock with no issues? Or is it better to use it at stock?
Also, is it difficult to get 3.9 at 1.35v recommended by amd with 1700x?

Do you live in an area where the 1060 is cheaper than the 480?

Yeah when the fuck is Sapphire gonna restock stores with their shit? I swear their 580 8GB line has been sold out at every non-reseller for 2 weeks now.

On well optimized games like BF1 it's fine and will keep above 60fps. On some others it's a stutterfest.

>What would be a decent budget CPU for a traveling itx build then?
Wait for Raven Ridge so you can have a

Google rx 580 Nitro+ 8 GB
Superbiiz has them for 249.99 in stock but only if you follow that link

>Superbiiz has them in stock
inb4 it's not actually in stock

Tbh i am new to gaming, i had ancient PC for a long time and i decided to get a new one. I didnt wanna mess with components so i ordered already built rig

Superbiiz is notorious for lying about what they do and don't actually have available though. I remember some poor guy on here ordered a 970 off them back when it was the hottest new meme and he had to wait a month because it was actually on back-order. By the time his card arrived the 3.5GB shitposting was already in full effect.

Looking to build a rig for the first time.

Mainly shooting to be able to run games like the Witcher 3 and the Newer Total War games at medium to high graphics and get close to 60 fps

Would this work?
pcpartpicker.com/list/DJtBd6

I'd personally go for the RX570 but my preferences may differ widely from yours so here's why:

The pure performance difference between the R9 290 and the RX 570 is so small it's barely measurable. The RX 570 is slightly faster but that very tiny _performance_ difference is absolutely not worth 80 EUR. Based on this alone the R9 290 at 120 EUR is the obvious choice.

The R9 290 is a 275W TDP part. The RX 470 is a 120W TDP part and the RX 570 is a 150W TDP part. What this means is that the RX 470, which I have (a MSI model), can manage heat with the heatsink alone in everyday-use and even with light gaming and less-demanding games (CSGO is one example of something you wouldn't think you could do fanless but you can). The fans do kick in after a while when you play really demanding games. In contrast the fans on the R9 290 will be spinning all the time and get really loud when you play games.

No noise from the GPU most of the time and less noise when playing games and the significantly reduced power usage (I pay my own electricity bill) is why I personally would pay 80 EUR more for a RX470 or a RX570 instead of buying a cheaper R9 290.

Protip: Check your local used parts market if you still think the R9 290 is a good alternative after reading all of this. I am fairly sure you can get a used one for less than 120 EUR.

r8 but don't h8

pcpartpicker.com/list/yt9Q9W

dont cheap out on a PSU. Platinum or nothing boy.

pcpartpicker.com/list/q92NFd

Fixed somewhat but I'd honestly look for some deals. This is too much to pay. No deals right now. I highly recommend a SSD and 1600 btw.

>ram
too slow

No mobo?

>gigabyte 570
ehhhh

I wouldn't be ordering it until next week or the week after, so I may get lucky on deals.

As for an ssd I never really saw the appeal. Isn't it just better for load times and boot up?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4rqyTH

Sorry, forgot the mobo. Why is the ram too slow though? And what is wrong with the 570 gigabyte?

>keyboard 1/10 of your entire budget
>cheaping out on PSU
>no mobo
>I prefer 4x4gb
>shit case
>gig 570

This is bait for sure.

Don't listen to those other guys, this is the real better build you want.
pcpartpicker.com/list/tZXGRG
It's a bit pricier, but its well worth it if you want to get the performance you're asking for and the parts chosen here have much higher reliability than what you've chosen

Im a different poster, but I used to say the same thing you are. At the price point a few years ago (and the fact that I was a college student) I said fuck SSD's. Now that I have matured and am serious about maximizing my shitposting experience, I have bought a 500gb SSD. They are cheap as shit now, almost 50cents per gigabyte. You have no excuse anymore. Get a Samsung SSD and shut up.

>evga housefire
>2133mhz RAM with ryzen
>hitachi 1 year lifespan
>msi 570
Why do retards like you barge in these threads and say stupid shit like "don't listen to the others guys!!11"?

Faster in everything. Faster load, boot, write/read speeds. It's really noticeable.

Ryzen really benefits from higher speed RAM. And DDR4 is so inflated that 3200mhz is like 10$ more than 2400mhz. It's like throwing away money to not get the easy FPS gain.

Gigabyte is just a lackluster model. If you don't plan on OC'ing and don't care about heat then it's fine. Just a bad value.

>cheaping out on PSU
That's a great PSU idiot. You retards need to stop posting like I told the other guy.

See what I said to you above.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/yt9Q9W
>550w
it really isnt "Great", especially when hes fucking around blowing real money on peripherals. Imagine an extra $100 on GPU instead of a $100 keyboard.

Have an old first generation i5-750 paired with a 5850. So a few questions in regards that and a new build.

How much of a performance increase could I expect if I upgraded to an RX 570? My goal is to be able to play most titles on high @1080p/60.

Will the i5-750 be a limiting factor (not OC'd at all)? I bought a skylake i3 (I forget if it was 6100 or 6300) on a whim on sale earlier this year--would that actually outperform the old i5?

Just looking to eke a bit more use out of my current system while buying a GPU that would continue to do what I need until my poor ass splurges on something nicer further down the line.

>not getting smores flavor

You have shit taste sir

That's just the same faggot that's been in the past couple dozen threads trying to play know-it-all, we're not supposed to take him seriously.

Im not though... I just jumped in today

No one has ever had a problem with too much wattage. does this mean buy a 1kw Psu? fuck no. This means get 750w so you can work around more additions to your rig whether it be: different gpu, more ram, more storage, etc.

Are you retarded? He has more than enough wattage for his build and any foreseeable upgrade. 550w is the sweet spot unless you have dual-gpus or some other excess power draw. Stop giving advice.

Also:
>only looking at wattage
Just no.

>extra 100 on GPU
Would be a waste on a 1080p monitor idiot. Let him have his meme keyboard if he wants it.

Not really. I haven't been active in /pcbg/ for a few weeks. There's quite a few of us who actually know what we're talking about, no need to monolith us because it upsets you when your shitty advice is called out.

You know I'm not really too sure how bad that CPU is. I'm sure the new i3 would be better but look at how many cores and the clockspeed. The architecture is better for sure. I'm sure you'd see plenty of benefits from a 570 but it might be bottlenecked by your CPU.

Getting a 750w PSU is a waste of money... Especially on 1080p 60fps... If you ever need that much wattage it'll be time to get a new PSU anyway.

So you mean he could have canceled it by the time the 3.5 shit came out or returned it.

>Gigabyte is just a lackluster model. If you don't plan on OC'ing and don't care about heat then it's fine. Just a bad value.
Even if you're not going to OC and blah blah, their fans are fucking loud as shit.
There are better ones at the same price. Or for $10 more you can get the Red Devil or Gaming X or whatever.

Shit dude. The 5850 is still a solid card. As good or better than a 1050Ti. Anything 5000 series and later from AMD has aged incredibly even if you have to use older drivers for the 5850, 6850, and so on.

Just upgrade your CPU.
>I bought a skylake i3 (I forget if it was 6100 or 6300) on a whim on sale earlier this year--would that actually outperform the old i5?
It would, but not by a ton. Not to the degree that a 1500X or 1600 would.
You're talking about like 65% higher IPC and a 37% higher clock speed. Half the cores, but hyperthreading and way stronger cores. Plus DDR4 is faster. I'd say maybe a 2x increase but only a 2x performance increase after 8 years or whatever is dismal.

You have no fucking clue what power usage looks like. That build will generally not use over 250-350.
550w is plenty to have headroom for a 1080Ti or Vega.

That build would be fine with a 420w PSU. 550 is already overkill but still reasonable. 650 would be retarded.

SeaSonic is objectively the best PSU brand though. I had a 750w cheapo Corsair PSU crap out on me recently, when my system doesn't use more than 400w max.

Reputable model > extra wattage in PSUs.

A good friend handed me his i5-2300 and mobo (gigabyte with h63 chipset).
I know it's locked but i heard you can play with the turbo settings. Is it worth trying to OC it?

Happy either way coming from my old amd PII 940 , fucked up by not waiting a few months for i5 release on its day.

I get pretty close to 700 on my build but im also using an AMD card w/ intel cpu. Liquid cooling on the CPU, 4 fans x 120mm and 1 large 200m fan. 1 SSD, 1 HDD, 1 optical drive (idk why the fuck I have an optical drive desu)

>keyboard 1/10 of entire budget
I want a good keyboard, what is wrong with that?
>cheapening out on PSU
I heard SeaSonic is good, what is wrong with it?
>no mobo
Made a mistake.
>I prefer 4x4gb
I never said that.
>shit case
What case would you reccomend?
>gig 570
What model is better?
Will get the RAM. How big of an increase is it? What 570 should I get then? The Red Devil is too big for my case.

find a 500R on a sale honestly

>too big for case
Jesus. You need a better case. Define S is crazy good but it's about 70$ at its cheapest. Check craigslist, maybe you can find it for cheaper used.

>gpu
Other than Red Devil, Sapphire and XTX are good.

$130 RX470 ROG Strix (a good model)
>jet.com/product/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-Radeon-RX-470-4GB-OC-Edition-AMD-Gaming-Graphics-Card-with-DP-14-/b5a0eed5f59e4460965bb264e3d46c24
code SPRING15

Even if you are retarded enough to waste power, time, and a delid on an intel CPU, you still aren't going to use over 550watts.

Yeah. Try an OC it. It's worthless as fuck at stock clocks.

Yeah those 420w fanless Seasonics will handle 600w+ for years no problem as long as you don't live in the desert with no AC.
Whereas shit brand 650watts will die after a few months of pulling 400.

I have a Rosewill Capstone that I've been using for over 3 years in a crossfire setup with no issues

>Worthless

It has 2x my old phenom 2 score on single and multithreaded test in cpu-z.
It's more than enough to feed my 6950 , i'll OC if i go for some emulation meme.

Thx.

Isn't gtx 1160, the 1060 refresh happening soon?

Rosewill is the other good brand.

For sure, I'm in the market for the 1600 when I'm able to afford the build. I can afford the RX 570 currently but not a full build. I can't imagine a world where I would opt for the i5 7500 over the 1600 when it comes time to buy. My price point for a CPU isn't going to go above $250 any time soon, even then I'll be spending above my means (but fuck it).

I love my 5850. It still runs everything I want to play on some configuration (usually low, admittedly) at 60 fps. And it has handled some absolutely insane temps and never once gave a fuck. I can make the same claim for the i5 750's ability to handle absurd temps as well.

I am a bit let down to hear that about the 1050ti though. One contingency in my head had me buying one of those on a whim for the extra VRAM headroom in the meantime. I also have to blast the fans on the GPU while in game, so a slightly (or shit maybe not so slightly) lower power bill will help my broke ass a lot.

Really? Everyone usually shits on Rosewill

The Define S is like $100 on Newegg (which is where I'm ordering all my shit). Is there any better bigger case in the $70-$80 price range?

Rosewill are actually generally great when it comes to cheap brands.
They were generally what I recommended before Seasonic started selling gold rated semi-modulars for so affordably.

Weird. My i5-2500k when it's stock often can't feed my 7970. Even OC it can stutter and shit.

Yeah, the negative of that 5850 is the temps and power usage. The 1050Ti destroys it there.
But yeah, I wouldn't consider anything less than an RX570... but I really think the weakest point of your system is the CPU and that's what you should upgrade if you can't afford to upgrade both.
Is the $150 for a 1500X, $70 for a motherboard and $65 for RAM really too much?

Where do you live? It's 60 on NCIX US (but like 20 shipping and tax). Don't really keep up on cases aside from Fractal, sorry.

I dunno, maybe things have changed in the last few years. I stopped even considering Rosewill for myself because they're impossible to find in Australia; I could barely get a SeaSonic here.

I was going to say, decent Rosewill's cost as much as Seasonics, even back in the day

I live in the US but I want to order all my stuff from Newegg. I'll look around though, thanks.

You replied to the wrong person.
But yeah Sup Forums sometimes shits on Rosewill some based on name alone or simply knowing that they make cheap stuff.
But as far as cheap stuff goes, it's way fucking better than Corsair's cheap ass models.
I would put plenty of cheap Rosewill models in my own computer. I would not put one of those garbage budget Corsair models in one.

That $20 SRM-01 case is so damn good for the cost, too. Though the PSU should be flipped, or it should have a plate to redirect heat away from it. But eh.

Na. When the 550RM came out it was $80. When a good-enough Rosewill was $40-$55.
But now that the 550RM is $50-$65, it's different.

I meant PSU's rated at least Silver 80, my bad

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352054
It's 90$ on newegg? Including shipping?

The windowed version is $100 with shipping.

Any suggestions for monitor stands that can rotate between landscape and portrait? Just wondering if there's a particular brand that is trusted.

Fx-8300 still can hold it?

>So you mean he could have canceled it by the time the 3.5 shit came out or returned it.
Well I don't wanna go off-topic, but it arrived just as nvidia finally addressed the memory bug in the 970 and he decided to just get his money back instead of dealing with that shit, waiting another 2 weeks to have the card shipped back and his money refunded. It was a complete waste of time, I honestly would have just stuck with it rather than blow away a good chunk of life waiting on nothing.