He fell for the png/flac meme

>he fell for the png/flac meme

flac isn't uncompressed you fucking retard

of course my ears can't tell the difference, it's a fucking image.

Neither is png

But is it lossy?

>2 PICS, different SIZE but same RESOlUTION (pixel number)

!=

>song with smaller file = fewer soundwaves crack through your eardrum

But you can clearly see artifacts in the clouds in the right image.

We have so much storage now and days, what is the point of not having lossless audio files?

>not being able to see the artifacts and jaggy edges in the .jpg

>not being able to hear quantization errors and loss of dynamics

Friendly reminder

Is this some kind of joke I don't get?

>he fell for the memes are a meme meme

>he can't distinguish flac

Are you 50 or something?

It's not hard to understand, m8. Jpegs are highly susceptible to bit rot and in 10 years they'll be practically corrupted.

thread exists to troll
no one really gives a shit about your flac or png/raw collection. they just want to see you defend it

That's how black twitter memes are made! They've just been aged well, kinda like good wines.

>filetype

Reduce playback rate to 32,000 hz
Save at 128kb/sec

If your audio editor has an option for "quality" with the change in playback rate jack it up as high as it will go (I use cool edit pro and it has this feature)

Having slightly lower playback rate tricks your ears into accommodating the music like its casual listening, conversation, or ambient noise.

With the higher tonal frequencies far outside human hearing gone the brain isnt interpolating those - which is where you notice the warbling effect from audio artifact compression.

You could drive it as low as 22 Khz if its something like rock music or explosion sound effects. Because then the grittier sound actually enhances it.

> and promotes using gritty testosterone filled sound effects for video games rather than the hipster tinny bullshit thats become so popular

For images the only problem ive run into with jpegs surprisingly is (besides lack of alpha support) sometimes I go to check an old jpeg image and it doesnt load because something has happened to its file header. I dont know why.

Get a jpeg compressor, make a few different profile settings for the types of images you want to save for.

Usually that means taking the finest detail slider and moving it up, while taking the low detail slider and moving it down.

Unpin Luma/Chroma and move the chroma sider up abit. Keep Luma at about 12-15% for most things but keep chroma about 5% higher than that.

When saving images in photoshop as jpegs always save at maximum quality. Then put it through the jpeg compressor. This way you dont allow photoshop to screw with the quality across the board.

there are other jpeg compressors but this is just the one I use

How old is your software?
It looks nice.

neck yourselves please

its from 2012

however I use windows 7 and I have desktop appearance turned down for performance

100 100 lit

>Providing your evidence against .png by using a .png

OP confirmed for oxymoron.

>Audio compression, when done correctly, sounds the same
>Audio compression, when done correctly
>when done correctly
I only trust myself to do it correctly, and if I already have the FLAC, why bother transcoding it when storage is cheap?

> when storage is cheap

depends, it depends on what you're putting it on

I do this to save space on an older phone I use to play mp3s and take pictures pretty much.

when you've only got about 4gb of space that music can add up

Jpg is all about colors and png is better for black and white

spotted the retard

This fag never heard of digital audio aliasing and doesn't know why we do 44k

You're shit is garbage. Phones do 128gb sd easily

Lossless compression is useful for editing, although the need to edit is far more frequent with images than audio

Image says uncompressed. Must have been an absolute idiot who made that.