1Password, LastPass, or other?

1Password, LastPass, or other?

Would you store any and all your infos?

Features:
- Works great on mobile (iOS and Android)
- Syncs without issues between devices
- Free or little cost
- Easy to setup/maintain

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-password-managers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have Keeper, only because I've used it for years. I won't renew

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-password-managers/

if it stores shit in the cloud, it's garbage

if it offers any "premium" version at all, it's garbage

security needs to be free, open source and not dependent on remote servers

>using the cloud
I just came here to laugh at you OP.

if you want a password management solution that's the most heavily audited and constantly being looked over, use lastpass. if you want to be more secure using lastpass, or any password management solution, don't use a browser plugin. lastpass gets the most heat, 'cause it has the most eyes on it, which is a good thing. i think it's funny that people actually use browser extensions for keepass and feel secure 'cause muh open source.

Use LastPass for shitty everyday sites and alternative emails.
Use KeePass or similar for anything important if you don't trust the cloud meme.

I use 1password, its good.

What if ur master key gets stolen

>lastpass
I use it for logins I don't care about, use 2fa + a master password with decent entropy. If you're too stupid to maintain proper opsec on important shit, and have to use Lastpass, then I'd recommend changing important passwords weekly or monthly.

I use a browser extension for keepass and I do feel like a fool, but fuck it really is convenient since I'm turning my laptop off and closing browser to save resources constantly.

>weekly

sounds like one of those things people recommend, but never actually do, 1 or 2 times a year is more than enough

Practically speaking if you have 2FA does it matter as much?

Even if someone knows your password is hello1234 when/how will they ever get the second factor?

Southern california enginee ring

>security needs to be free, open source and not dependent on remote servers
But what if I want a service who stores my info on the cloud?

And since I don't want to setup the server and service by myself, I rely on someone else?

And since I need other's service, I should compensate them in some form... like money.

And maybe that provider decides to show me how the service works, free of charge in order to see some features before paying for the service?

See? fucking capitalism in action. Everybody gets happy.

I use Lastpass. It's super useful since I use 2 laptops and one smartphone, everything syncs and I don't miss anything.

They also need the Auth key from your smartphone

keepassxc
I use syncthing to sync my database between my computers and phone and browser plugins to do auto type.

>storing passwords anywhere else but your brain

It's just another vector for hacking that you're paying for.

Same setup as this guy

it's understandable. i use keepass as well, and a browser extension definitely makes things way more convenient. but, personally, i'd trust lastpass's browser extension over one of the keepass extensions, just because they're the main point of failure.

I use keepass with the database in a cloud service and a keyfile in another cloud service, with a password obviously. All are backed up locally as well. Works for me.

You ever encounter sync problems/conflicts?

And does this mean you keep it in Dropbox or Google Drive or something?

LastPass has worked well for me