GUI customization thread

Can we for a minute talk about Linux/Windows and maybe even macOS customization?
Here's a guide with a list of software for Windows:
nanami-tan.info/
Useful tools:
cygwin.com/
blackbox4windows.com/
uxstyle.com/
Some Linux info:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux_ricing
Differences between Linux WMs:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Comparison_of_tiling_window_managers
Some MacOS tools:
youtube.com/watch?v=E4F1-DVNlHg
iterm2.com/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_OS_X_software

Other urls found in this thread:

dotshare.it/
dafont.com
gnome-look.org/
extensions.gnome.org/
neiio.deviantart.com/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's the point of customization? just making everything worse and less uniform?

Rate

a nice guy on Sup Forums helped me make a shell extension for windows that's basically "execute (command) in this directory"
used it to make a "Play All" function in MPV
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shell\Play All (mpv)\command]
@="C:\\Programs\\mpv\\mpv.exe *"

yeah sure

>less uniform
Maybe you should take a look at color scripts, you can use them to make it so whenever you change your wallpaper your theme's colors change based on it.
You could also just use neutral colors.
Shut up akari mobo is mine now.

>Shut up akari mobo is mine now.
what the h*ck are u talking about u can keep him

To have a system that's personally decorated and configured to your tastes

You must be a Windows guy. I know you guys don't have much choice in that regard. So you will never understand that feeling of having a system that's truly yours

Where can I find these Illya wallpapers you keep posting? What's the artist name? They are adorable

i make the wallpapers owo
theyre all just using pics u can find on boorus though

I use plan9.
I just know how useless it is
>having a wall paper

The height of your video player's borders is 18% the height of the video window itself.
How the FUCK is that shit acceptable to you
Ask yourself if you're really doing well for yourself there.

Yeah, OS doesn't matter that much it's mostly tied to the user's preference.
I find file renaming scripts really useful if I were you I'd add such option to your explorer context menu.
Hmmmm that's not what he told me, I know you're just mad because he doesn't want you anymore, his eyes are now entirely on me~

wtf stop being weird i dont even talk to him

>How the FUCK is that shit acceptable to you
Because it looks nice

delet cp

where?

>bulk file rename scripts in context menu
I can't help but feel like that's just asking for trouble
looks nice != good
it's legal faget

Just call it ricing faggot.

pls dont use hate speech in the desktop thread

Why not stay on discord?

is "faget" hate speech if I'm gay?

It's good, just stop being mean like Additional links for OP:
dotshare.it/
dafont.com
gnome-look.org/
extensions.gnome.org/

uwu

>built in keylogger and personal botnet
no thanks

Stupid drama and lack of anonymity (even if you're posting your desktop doesn't mean you have to show your username).

>drama
lol u must go to lame discord groups

But desktop posters love having an identity and recognizing each others identities.

Source?

I wish this OP was actually real, and not just an excuse to make the same retarded thread with the same autists masturbating over their desktops. Phone threads on /w/, which are basically the same thing but for phones, are legitimately fun to read and look at, because there are always new setups, and people actually reply and give feedback. This is just pure attention whoring and faggotry.

Not necessarily, I just play around with the ones who do because they seem like good people that are just rude to those they don't know yet. I only shitpost when the thread is already fucked beyond fixing.

phone threads are a bunch of morons from reddit and even more of a shitty r8/h8 circlejerk

I wasn't being rude ur op really is bad

As opposed to autists circlejerking over muh seekrit club. I don't even post anything on either of these threads, but at least there are genuinely useful comments and resources for phones, while with desktops I'm better off just trying to figure shit out on my own.

phone threads are nothing but normies jerking each other off for arbitrary numerical ratings, at least desktop threads are entertaining

nice

nice

Here's a (You) for your (You) counter.
I feel like the CSS threads are basically good desktop threads in disguise. Maybe the linux generals as well when people start sharing scripts.

I'm not talking about ratings at all, I mean actually useful resources and tips. Not even commenting on the quality of the stuff either, just that it seems like a type of thread for people who have the same common interest, which is ricing shit, while desktop ones are just people who are interested on stroking dicks. The fact that it's basically the same few people who attention whore on private IRC/Discord servers and tripfags already say a lot about what goes on. I'm genuinely curious about what you find entertaining on these threads, because they're devoid of any actual content.

ty u 2

ok dude go back to linking icon packs to reddit posters if that's what you enjoy, leave the real ricing to the adults

>normies
Sums up desktop thread posters perfectly since they feel the need to have a secret mini facebook.

are you implying desktop threads are any different?

how is an open thread on a public message board secret?

how many useless numerical ratings do you see?

Relative to facebook.

UxStyle is outdated since Creator's Update.

Does anyone know any w10 updated themes that change the title bar? I hate the default one

I guess the solution to this would be just messing with system icons to change the min/max/close buttons and changing system colors, I think you could use a font like Adobe blank to "remove" the text in the titlebars as well, if that doesn't work I think you can change the color of the titlebar text to be the same as the titlebar in regedit.

How many normies do you know that use GNU/Linux, let alone customize it with fuckin bash scripts and shit? This is probably one of the least normal ways to spend your free time this website catalogues.

I like most of this guy's themes neiio.deviantart.com/, he died but his daughter is keeping them updated. You can use UltraUXThemePatcher to install 3rd party themes, it's much more intrusive than UxStyle, but it seems to be the only one for now.

>normie

Normies love having a reputation in a community.

is this the new destop thread

UwU

>he died but his daughter is keeping them updated.
Is this why the account is still up on deviant?

i love u

(。>﹏

Rolling for dickock

used to change things a lot, but haven't so much as changed my wallpaper since 2012

still play around with different things every so often, but nothing new has stuck yet

U fucking piece of shit, this is the first time I'm actually replying to your shit "Is this the new desktop thread?" question. I've always held myself back but now I just can't handle it anymore. You're a fucking piece of shit and should seriously kill yourself because NO, this isn't the new desktop thread and NO, THE DESKTOP THREADS ARE OFF Sup Forums BY NOW YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT. You're even pretending to be fucking female even tho you probably have a dick, please kill yourself already, you have a serious mental disorder, nobody can help you and your pedophilia anime fetish. SO FUCK OFF, YOU'RE PISSING OFF EVERYONE HERE AT Sup Forums. I WISH THE MODS BANNED YOU OR THAT YOUR FUCKING TRASH PC FILLED WITH ANIME PEDOPHILIA DIES ALREADY. Please don't every try to reproduce either with a male or female you fucking imbecile. You seriously make me so mad every time you post over here you fucking mentally challenged neckbeard. I hope you're aware of how everybody hates you over here and how much of a moron you are, you fuckong cuntbag. You probably still live in your mother's basement and I hope you fucking know how much of a dissapointment you are to your parents and how much you should be ashamed of yourself and your stupid question and riced weeaboo desktop. So fuck off and never come back cause I will find you and when I do, I will wipe your stupid hard drive and all shit that's on it and I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong or make you kill yourself so you'll finally end this stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF ALREADY. KILL YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING, JUST DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING SLICE YOUR THROAT YOU FUCKING UGLY ASS PEDOPHILE! THIS ISNT THE NEW FUCKING DESKTOP THREAD FUCK OFF THERE ARENT ANY DESKTOP THREADS, STOP POSTING ALREADY. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF!!!

Not him and I kind of agree that Illya's pic is morally disgusting, but..
>I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong
The irony sure is sweet, don't (You) think?

*her
also ur responding to pasta

Pasta or not, the point does still stand.

Pretty good, but Im not a fan of the font

You can see my screenfetch if you want to know I'm using. I don't use linux like most customizers here because mac is better at everything

Hi

you guys are bellends

nice

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

What wm and font?

fug

This is my GUI, say hello

*Linux
ftfy

> kernal

R8 & h8

ugly

> two clocks
> clock font does not match notification bar's font
> 'search' is not centered in its box
> Italian

4/10 is the best I can do.

haha how many clocks does it take for an android user to learn how to read one

the clocks aren't even the same time, lol

Yep, she got the help of another user to update the themes, she just keeps the account active so it doesn't get automatically deleted by deviantart

Is there a theme repository for Debian or do I have to manually install Adapta?

Anyone know if there are any sprite/pixel-art style icon sets for Linux? I'm currently using Windows 98-themed icons since I've not ever found anything better but what I really want is something sort of like that but more SNES-esque.

Is there a good tiling window manager for Wayland yet?

>tiling
>good

who are you quoting

gnome3's classic session + topicons + pixelsaver make things pretty usable

Rate.

rofl I didn't even notice, screenfetch is pulling the wrong information, my WM theme isn't adapta although I have it on my themes folder, same goes for my icon theme (which is actually a mixture of some Icons I made on imagemagick, some ubuntu icons, some icons from Paper and some from vivacious-dark-blue).
I still need to finish some stuff.

The spelling mistake in that guy's terminal.

*girl

wow sorry im not a linux user that has a screenfetcher program to do it for me

i just started my rice. any nice win 8.1 icon pack?

rate please !!!!!!!!!!

sway is meant to be i3 on wayland

that menu bar is disgusting

Just installed gentoo with LXQT. Two questions:

>How do I make the "widget style" more attractive, pic related (where to get themes and how to install them, for example)
>Is there a better option than LXQT that does not require systemd and isn't a resource hog like plasma?

autismos maximus

>muh key combos
fuck off

top kek

This should be in psychology textbooks under "projection"

wtf ive never heard that spell before