Where's everyone from old Sup Forums (2011 & earlier) gone?

Where's everyone from old Sup Forums (2011 & earlier) gone?
modern Sup Forums is far too thirsty for bait

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/11842414
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We're still here, but unlike you hyperactive faggots we don't bite.

you used to be able to hold a discussion here without shitflinging tho, it used to feel like a tighter knit community
Just look at the archives with the end date dec. 2011

I distinctly remember CPU threads on Sup Forums back in 2011 and even 2012. It was just some normal Sup Forumsentoomen discussing computer hardware.

Now, it's console war 2.0 crying wojacks. I hate what nu-Sup Forums has become

/generals/ single handedly ruined /g.
retards decided they'd allow advertisers to spam "generals" and "lincux" and "progrumming" and "stupid questions" threads which are nothing but circle jerking faggots and pajeet shills spamming the board with faggotry pissing everyone off.

before it was just
>install gentoo
in response to those shit threads made by faggots
and they would fuckoff back to their hole

but the retarded faggots who mod this place then decided they'd allow gaybois to spam offtopic anime and offtopic programing threads, "generals" ..and well... now we have this worthless excuse for a forum.

remove /g altogether and make a new board for faggots trying to play soggy biscuit, and another board for advertisers to spam their advertisements.

then after a year or two create /guru again.

>I hate what nu-Sup Forums has become
haha what the fuck did you think mlp spamming 12 year old gaybois would grow up to become?

I was here when Turtles was dying in the hospital and Casemods was showing off his retarded butchered case and Eagles was just getting started making his soon to be obsolete PC building guides and posting pics of his 3rd world work office.

ask me anything

were traps and trap lovers on Sup Forums those old times?
I doubt Sup Forums was gay from the start

Traps were a thing but Sup Forums was lusting after them 24/7. Rose comes to mind.

>back when tripfags were still a thing
it makes me feel all warm nd fuzzy on the inside knowing faggots trying to have an identity on an anonymous image board got bullied the fuck out of here by such a high percentage.
too bad pedo mods allow blatant advertisements and faggots trying to play soggy biscuit free reign over this place.

We're still all here. There's no where else quite like Sup Forums so I expect most people haven't fucked off somewhere else, earliest stuff I remember was tripfags like lolicon and htc, Sup Forums 8-10 years ago was full of e-celeb tripfags trying to lord it over everyone

linetrap showed up around 10 years ago so yes people have been thirsty for traps around here for at least a decade

It was ironic back then, or at least I thought it was supposed to be. Some of you may have decided differently.

I remember that fat Hawaiian shirt wearing faggot Rasputin, I saw him in /fit near the end, he probably killed himself after he tried to trip there. And got shit down.
Good times

then what was the demographic of old Sup Forums

I got a girlfriend. I don't have tiem to emerge world anymore.

Same

Sup Forums still sucked back then. now it's just a different flavor of suck.

"IRC is too hard I only know how to use Sup Forums so how about we make chatroom threads" suck.

I'm still here user

Ohhhh fuck fucking casemods
I remember him

>actually saving old pictures
>not deleting them because they're a cringeworthy waste of space or extremely outdated

HTC?

anyone remember redpage?
also

>I hope you have a very good day today

Libertarian, or at least intelligent liberals. Now Sup Forums has turned fascist in response to world events and the rise of the SJW.

I think it's the opposite. Back then people who were into traps were into traps. Only noteworthy one I remembered by name was Rose but there were a couple others as well.
For some reason traps have been soaring in popularity here recently, like within the last year and a half the trap fanbase has grown exponentially. I think a large portion is doing it ironically now. Probably because retards go apeshit and take obvious b8.

traps have always = gay

I'd say libertarian yeah, but mostly people who just didn't give a fuck. the Sup Forums demographic got too caught up in goings-ons, we used to not care at all. Idk I think recent news has just kinda shaken everyone up and nobody wants to put any actual effort into anything or focus for a while.
rose is newfag shit

jesus I remember that, what was the picture that was always posted with it

That's sadly because liberal went from "hey guys, socialized medicine isn't bad and perhaps we should have a bigger safety net" to "fuck white people"

The left just kind of jumped the shark i dont get it honestly last election was the first time I didn't vote for a democrat, everything went wrong after 2010

At least, that's how I'd remember it. Anonymous and OWS and Project Chanology. Most it seems now is trolling Shia.

Rose was 2008.
not old but not new. definitely the most popular behind Bailey

I remember Casemods crossposting from /fa/ with his weird as fuck mustache.

>you will never go back to boring 2008 politics when the only thing you could make fun of the parties for was john kerry being boring as fuck and george bush saying "heh heh all right"
literally what went wrong

rip

People have become more retarded. People who argue politics are too stupid to argue about anything else, even consolewar and AMD vs Intel retards have more intelligence.

I forget their name but anyone remember the tripfag who kept posting pictures of their smelly basement workbenches? They had three tables in a basement just covered in pcbs, soldering irons and other electronics in varying states of disrepair.

It was more of a joke 5+ years ago.

I think he's still here, FFCossag.

;_;

no

That guy in the battle station threads with his red room with goth anime girl pictures framed, and his desk at floor level that looked like a torture room.

I'm here.
>Now, it's console war 2.0 crying wojacks. I hate what nu-Sup Forums has become
>not remembering when PS3fags would shit up the board talking about how no PCs could compete with THE POWER OF THE CELL

jesus that looks about right, had a quick look but couldn't find any old images of how grimy their set up looked back then

at least console wars were funny

AMD vs Intel is just fucking sad, pathetic, and not funny in the slightest

Would any of you be willing to retry? I could throw tinyboard or some shit up on an old laptop. Wouldn't be hard but I doubt enough people would care.
He still hangs around actually. He moved and made his new place look exactly the same iirc, down to the wallpaper.

>jewtel faggot detected
You mad that AMD has finally won?

Rose is literally from the time period OP referred too.

Fuck off. Not here.

He's still here, called sysadmin or someshit. There's a webm of him sitting at a 6-8 screen desk working on some cli shit. Super cringy

I think I joined the chans in 04. The internet is fucking miserable and tiny now. I hate it.

Still here but occasionally I come back to lurk.

I feel like new Sup Forums has no soul.

>There is something wrong with a programing general,and Linux general

Please die

Damn, really? Somehow I remember Rose being '12-13.
I'll take your word for it though, haven't thought about it in a long time.

exactly what im talking about

at least if this was 2008 Sup Forums and it was a console war thread people would call me a cumguzzling double nigger and we could both have a laugh about it but this AMD vs Intel vs Nvidia shit is just legitimately malicious and again not even funny

This doesn't surprise me.

now whos the newfag

@ all of you

m-me sir

Sup Forums had a LOT of tripfags back then

I was one of them but I won't say which. Though looking back at my posts from when I was a teen i cringe a bit. At least I never went to Sup Forums.

warosu.org/g/thread/11842414

The amount of Gearbest shills here is absolutely astounding. But luckily 85% of it is contained into a general.

it has always been this bad

>Sup Forums had a LOT of tripfags back then

Sup Forums as a whole used to have way more tripfags than it does now. I don't understand how we were able to chase away the tripfags but not the redditors

>Sup Forums had a LOT of tripfags back then
It was absolutely terrible.

because the tripfags fueled discussion and community and the redditors were the ones pushing out the tripfags because "NOT LE ANOMYOUSE XDDDD" you fuck
i LIKED the tripfags.

>i LIKED the tripfags.

[spoiler]me too fuck the police[/spoiler]

>i LIKED the tripfags.
Natsuru, is that you? I can't imagine anyone else saying something that ridiculous.

everyone did, nobody gave a shit about "Sup Forums is SUPPOSED TO ONLY BE ANONYMOUSE AND YOU'RE HARMING THE COMMUNITY IF YOU'RE NOT ANONYMOUSE" before the influx
the feature is there for a resason
nop

fuckno
at least not until like 09-10, traps were legit rick rolls people only used to cause disgust and for repulsive reasons to garner lulz at your behest.

the mlp faggots ended up actually enjoying the digusting faggotry so now all they do is spam Sup Forumsgif/etc with "traps"

idek why they call this faggot shit traps/trapthreads when you can clearly see that's a man with a benis..
>hurr durr rick roll thread!
>sure none of us are being rick rolled, but lets call it that anyways! durr hur hurrr i'm a hoarse!!
ludacris i tell ya hwut

Tripfags were like the Sup Forums aristocracy and redditors were like the communists who killed them all in an attempt to create a classless society

Aristocracy looking back looks really cancerous but then you realize that you need them or else you end up with a shithouse

dude what?
ye

duckroll haha

>Being pro trip fag

Kill yourself part the culture is not knowing who is same fagging. YOU ONLY TRIP FAG FOR IMPORTANT TOPICS,NOT SO PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOUR AND YOUR SHITTY Opinions EVERY GOD DAM TIME, REDDITORS ARE.DERAILORS.

>then what was the demographic of old Sup Forums
a bunch of 12 year olds being laughed at by old dudes. most of the retarded teens were just parrots anyways.
now it's a bunch of retarded parrot 12 year olds, shills spamming relentlessly, and old fags too busy fapping or being wageslaves to have any real fun anymore..
the lulzy grow less with every passing moment.

such a pity.

it's "__ roll". Fill in the blank with whatever was used to trick the person who clicked the link or picture. Rick Astley is just what made it popular. Duck Roll was what started it.

tfw wageslave
help me

I'm not pro trip fag I'm just not anti tripfag. The vast, vast majority of them did nothing wrong

4chans average age has risen since the days of old though. Back then it was 16-18 and now it leans more toward 19-22. Age obviously drops on specific boards though.

mitt romney was right all along.
>americah ends if this man gets re elected.

Nobody fucking lurks anymore. I first found Sup Forums in 2006 when some guy on the Stick Arena forums linked me to it, I promptly left and didn't come back till at least 2009 and then I only viewed it sporadically, I didn't even post until late 2013 when I got bored at college

I'm 20 and I've been on Sup Forums since 2008
What's that make me?
Fucking shit man, imagine how much calmer and more neutral shit would be now had Romney gotten elected rather than 0bab0

Do you have that quote on video

honestly don't remember any tripfags.
someone mentioned that eagle faggot and i remember him bcus well someone brought it up
otherwise nope.
good lulz were had though. glad i don't remember the victim of said lulz

>that eagle faggot
The Falcon?

The only tripfag I remember is quentin and I only remember him because of how mad he made people on 420chan with his anti stoner comics

he made butthurt shockwaves so large it rippled into 420chan what a legend

an outlier? I'm 24 and have been here since 2008 as well and I'd say that applies to most people who are still here from that time period.

AINT EVAH GONNA GIV YU UPP
AINT EVAH GONNA LET YOU DOWN
fuck memory lane. why does this stupid fucking brain of mine remember shitty times as if they was good times. sure plenty of lulz, but it was so stupid and worthless

Because everything was simple and tight knit then
Sup Forums was bleeding edge, cool. A smaller community than it was now. Everything was fun and new and interesting.
Now Sup Forums is just post-reddit.

there was someone using eagle tripcode, whether it was falcon pretending to be someone else or not idk. falcon still posts from time to time actually.

you wouldn't happen to be this quentin fellow would you?

Nawh

dude quentin was probably the best known tripfag of all time

where do we go to get that old Sup Forums experience

i want to say 8gag but its still overly politicized cancer

nowhere
it's fucking gone
wanna host a chan?

There's nowhere to go.

I'm still here but I don't tripfag so there yea go.

Basically anyone here with any technical aptitude fucked off because to their specialized forums, IRCs and talk groups. The only people nowadays are 15 year olds that watch Linus Tech Tips daily. I personally despise the should kids that but overpriced meme gaming hardware. People here just aren't smart.

Like a while ago I saw a thread about someone building their own 8 bit computer. Guess how many replies it got. Now compare it's reply count to the Battlestation Generals.

i think the boards you've branched out into are/have more mature audiences in general.
/b is still full of shitposting shitbird 12 year olds.
it's just not nearly as noticeable with all the relentless shilling this place has to deal with now that it's so much more popular.

why not end it at this point

>ywn meet the legendary MarshviperX

going through my old folders is pretty nostalgic too...

i remember when moot used to actually browse and post on boards i use.

then he just let us sit and rot as this place got too big for him.
then he sold this shithole
and gook moot pays even less attention to us than moot did near the end.

I moved over to Sup Forums on gamergate. This Sup Forums is indeed shittier.

>battlestations generals
What that's ever a thing?

uhh its still a thing

>2011
>old Sup Forums

They've been around since at least 2010-2011. They suck. Just kids taking aesthetic looking photos of their bedrooms. I really got sperged out by the manchild tier naming of their setups as "Battlestation" especially given that almost none of them are doing any real work. It's just so fucking stupid. Almost as bad as camwhores calling themselves "girl gamers".