You get what you pay for

You get what you pay for.

>pirate Windows
>it's shit
>order a copy of Ubuntu on DVD for $10
>it's much better

So Red Hat is better than anything?

Are you suggesting i should get RedHat OS?

The best things in life are free.

I didn't pay for your mom though

freedom is free

But you can give it to the birds and bees, I need money.

EDIT: Thanks for the gold!

>Microsoft
>free
Where?

upvoted

And sometimes you don't.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

it's taking over the world and in 10 years arm/linux will be the dominant hardware/software literally everywhere on the planet.

costs a buck 'o five.

>windows 10

Stop the "Windows 10 is free" meme already. It isn't. Abusing the continued offering for the impaired (1) still requires a base Windows 7 or 8/8.1 license, which is decidedly not free, and (2) is in direct violation to copyright laws, letting the copyright holder determine how their software is acquired and used, plus it's an evasion of DRM. Other than that, Microsoft Windows 10 offerings are all $100 and above.

“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis.

We campaign for these freedoms because everyone deserves them. With these freedoms, the users (both individually and collectively) control the program and what it does for them. When users don't control the program, we call it a “nonfree” or “proprietary” program. The nonfree program controls the users, and the developer controls the program; this makes the program an instrument of unjust power.

It took me years to truly realize this adage.

but yes, you do indeed get what you pay for. and then some

>the continued offering for the impaired
that shit was discontinued like 6 months ago
where the fuck have you been?

Who would pay over $100 for NSA/Windows 10?

I read this in RMS' voice and got a boner, both philosophically and physically.

I get freedom for free. Makes sense.

Exactly. I bought ZorinOS Ultimate and I'm very happy with it.

Freedom aint free you need to fight for it

Nowhere, it cannot be called free because it doesn't respect essential user freedoms.

Sooo microsoft should pay you to use wimdows?