community.brave.com/c/feature-requests/extension-requests
zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
github.com/brave/browser-laptop
github.com/brave/browser-ios
github.com/brave/link-bubble
community.brave.com/t/appchan-x-extension/2440/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Is that the browser with the built in ads?

Really? So what's the point of this shit?

To earn money

Yes

Using it currently- - is twice as fast as chrome, so that's something.

How's the RAM usage?

It's an electron app

That don't answer my question.

it does but you are a tech iliterate so you didn't get it.
user says "It's an electron app", so its ram usage is higher than mount everest

wew, fuck that browser then. Why can't anyone but whoever developed Polarity browser optimize RAM usage properly? Goddamn it, all I want is a browser that just werks without assraping my RAM.

Use qupzilla

Yes, it's the only nu browser with potential. It just needs a bit more work, but it's pretty good.

im using it bretty gud tbqh

how do i enable extra extensions in qupzilla? don't want to compile

I use it for mobile

Iridium Browser 58 is out

is this browser any good on iOS? I've been using Opera for the perceived data savings feature but it's as blocking can be iffy at times

It's pretty solid browser just needs some work and it could be the best browser on the market

>The browser will automatically block disruptive ads on the Web and replace them with safer, less intrusive ones.
>Instead, the CEO of the startup explained the main goal of the browser was to give users control over their advertising experience
Why is this a good thing

Because, you FUD spreading faggot, your first sentence is an optional feature, so it doesn't contradict at all with the second sentence of giving users control of their advertising experience.

Want to block everything?
You can do it

Want to replace regular cancerous ads with Brave ads?
You can do it

Want to watch block everything and donate to the website you like?
You can do it

Want to watch ads and donate at the same time?
You c an do it

I had (what I thought were) modest requests for the browser. They were

- confirmation prompt (or a toggle for such) on browser exit
- enable adding bookmarks (with icons, names optional) to non-dedicated toolbars in the browser
- fullpage screenshot functionality (a la Firefox's shift + F2 >" screenshot --fullpage" command)

I send them feedback for it, but they told me

>confirmation prompt is purposely not there, "to be more in-line with the leading browsers" (I might be paraphrasing)

And I don't think they responded to my other requests. Now leaving them feedback requires an account on their forum, rather than emailing them, so I think they'll get much less feedback now.

>I use it for mobile

This is unfortunately the only agreeable opinion one can really have on Brave browser.

I use it for mobile and willl probably use it for desktop when it gets mature enough.

yes

HOLY SHIT guys a new update for Brave just arrive today and guess what just appeared in my Browser settings?

Please use this links to vote for the useful extensions so the developers can know

community.brave.com/c/feature-requests/extension-requests

I just saw garbage like Ghostery in there. We need vote the actual useful extensions.

There are like two Reddit extensions requests, Someone post the Appchan X one in there.

zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/

This. Brave has been out for a while now and so many people still don't get it.

>Requesting extensions
I don't understand why you'd need to do that when Brave is just another Blink frontend.

I am not a browser developer but maybe is related to how Brave employs difference code in each platform?

The desktop browser is created with a fork of Github's Electron and Chromium.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop

The iOS browser is a fork of Firefox for iOS, which is a Swift app developed from scratch by Mozilla.

github.com/brave/browser-ios

The Android browser is Link Bubble, which is a wrapper around the default Android browser

github.com/brave/link-bubble

I am giving it a try finally, since the installer wouldn't work on Windows 7 64bit last year.

It is pretty fast, but I have been using Firefox since the beginning and this browser is not as capable. I won't be giving up the freedom and power just so I can jump on the Brenden Eich bandwagon. I will just use a version of Firefox no newer than version 29. When that breaks, I will no longer worry about the web.

I keep having nasty scaling issues and blurry options on Windows 10 at 125% scale because my screen is too small: 12.5" @ 1080p

Is version 29 the last version to not have overhauled the format of the browser?

For something like two years I was depressed as fuck using Firefox until I randomly came across the "Classic Theme Restorer" addon rec on Sup Forums. I didn't even browse Sup Forums at the time. I can never forgive Mozilla desu, but maybe it wasn't a turning point for anyone else.

It was the last version before Brenden Eich left the company.

Oh, I'm totally unaware of the ramifications of that. I don't fetishize ignorance, so I won't say ignorance if bliss, but in practice I noticed no difference, most likely...

WE EXTENSIONS NOW

Once Greasemonkey and Self destruction cookies gets added I'll move.

You can disable the ads, but yes.

The point of the Browser ads is to have advertisers use that and not have 100 different trackers and ad networks raping our data usage on top of surveilling us.

I'm ok with built-in (optional) browser ads or fund websites I visit via BitCoin if it means changing the Internet away from corporate surveillance while sustaining sites other than Google and Facebook and Amazon.

So websites that aren't owned by Google, Microsoft, or Amazon will survive?

Done

Please show your support for the extension request here.

community.brave.com/t/appchan-x-extension/2440/1

>Brave Browser
Cuck Browser

/thread

I use this on my phone and it is blazingly fast

Enjoy your German botnet