Upgrading ram

So I stole a load of miscellaneous laptop ram from my work place. And I'm trying to use some of it to upgrade my laptop, just cus.

The issue is there's no information that I can find that will tell me what ram is compatible with the motherboard.

Model: asus f555ya-xo047t

All stock and standard but I cannot for the life of me find the necessary info to figure out if I can put new ram in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

crucial.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, I realise most of this is pc ram.

the key is that you want "ddr3". laptop uses smaller ram so all those red ones or long ones do not work for laptops.

good news is that the difference between ddr3 and older memory (aka ddr2) would be the location of the gap between the gold connection plates.

I do not know how yo describe it but if you take out your laptop ram, just compare that to your pile. If they look the same, they work.

what's printed on the sticker of the RAM module that's already in it?

also obligatory give it back jamal

The gap is closer to the center for DDR3

another thing i want to note that is that i dont think you need to upgrade your ram. I think you have 8gb which is enough for a lot of everyday stuff.

Now if you open up your laptop and see only one stick of ram and you havr 2 or more slots, you NEED to make sure all the ram sticks are the SAME. if one is different (aka slower), the computer will run at that slow speed.

also, you can sell those desktop ram (larger sticks) for a decent price online. gl with your ram sticks :))

>If they look the same, they work.
That's not necessarily true, if they're different speeds, like DDR 1333 and DDR 1600 are both DDR 3 modules, but if you plug them both into one computer, they will run at the speed of the slowest module.

it still works but it works like shit.

GIVE IT BACK TYRONE

lol yeah my bad, i tried to clearify the second post.

Okay, update - there's a spare slot for ram.

See pic

It seems the ram is built into the motherboard?

Also the spare slot is singular in case you can't see.

The ram in the motherboard is as seen in pic soz for upside down

Also my dudes, I am trying to increase my virtual memory. But then I saw is.

Halp me

Fucking fantastic. I can't believe checking here worked. See you in a couple of hours.

holy shit it is part of the motherboard 0_0

in this case you might have to know the amount and speed of your ram. I think that can be done through windows with a third party "hardware" program or through settings (dont remember).

try using that information to match any sticks you have.

run speccy and check speed timings in ram tab, post closeup of laptop ram stickers.

Just go to crucial.com

OP is getting v&.

Just read
Lol tragic

Lol

Tfw I'm in New Zealand.

Are you on fucking /mlp/

Theft is against the law. WTF, lad.

Found the newfags

Not if the white man stole your land

In other news, getting back to my ram inquiry.

I'm just going to take some similar make of ram and hope it works. Wish me luck boys, your input was very helpful!

Also, bin lurking for a decade. Succ me off with your bum cheeks.

Return them, Jamal.

Whatever fits in the laptop will work

Fuck you're retarded

Those fucking tabs.
Goteem