Am I doomed?

So basically it's now completely illegal to stream movies in germany. I used to stream a lot of them with my former gf a few months ago.

Am I fucked now? I already got fined 2000€ for torrenting last year (and never did it again since then). Or is there a chance I won't get fined fortunes when I just stop now?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2017/04/26/eu-court-rules-selling-pre-loaded-pirate-boxes-is-illegal/
golem.de/news/europaeischer-gerichtshof-streaming-aus-illegalen-quellen-ist-rechtswidrig-1704-127504.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

haha your country is such a cucked shit hole

just buy a VPN and use Popcorn Time

Be a good goy and buy all of your stuff (even if it's low quality garbage). Alternatively, consider moving out of The new Caliphate errr I mean Germany or suicide.

I don't even want to use these sites at all anymore, I just want to know if I can finally end this nightmare forever. Don't want to be high in debt with my first job

I even had a VPN, somehow it came through, probably didn't enabled a killswitch, dunno.

Wat? Give me a link.

>>>/ptg/

did you seriously pay 2000€ to some scammer ?
i torrent a few 100 gb / month and never got any problems.

no its not.
The lawsuit concluded that only those who PAY for streaming illegal content can be prosecuted at all.
Meaning it is now official that free streaming is legal!

Also you are a turbocuck for paying the fine. Either ignore it completely or give a "modifizierte Unterlassungserklärung" where you say that you will not do anything bad in the future but deny that you did anything in the past, and of course refuse to pay anything.

So there was one judgement that said streaming is an illegal download, can't find an english article

Another one is about the streaming box where it originated: engadget.com/2017/04/26/eu-court-rules-selling-pre-loaded-pirate-boxes-is-illegal/

I didn't pay the fine.
A lawyer did the Unterlassungserklärung, but he had to do it twice and case is still not closed.

Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate it

> (OP)
>no its not.
>The lawsuit concluded that only those who PAY for streaming illegal content can be prosecuted at all.
>Meaning it is now official that free streaming is legal!

This.

>The Central European Caliphate

wew lad get a real country

>Getting fined for pirating.

Time to move to a real country user.

Have you tried using a VPN, friend?

how do you even use a vpn without killing your speeds? I've used PIA and some otber VPNs and they all send my speed down the shitter, on any server I try, I go from 50mbps down to 5

dumb shit didn't use Werdedngebenkerslagenfreund

>I even had a VPN, somehow it came through, probably didn't enabled a killswitch, dunno.

Not for the few streams later cause I thought they would only do this for indirectly uploading (torrents)

I won't get a VPN cause I don't want to do illegal shit anymore. Caused way too much trouble already

>I won't get a VPN cause I don't want to do illegal shit anymore. Caused way too much trouble already
Awww what a good little peasant! Doing exactly as your masters have trained you!

Sadly I guess this is exactly what it is :/

>I already got fined 2000€ for torrenting last year
i hope you didn't pay it, you cucked faggot.

GUD goy

See """"only"""" the lawyer, but they charge twice cause they sent two individual letters for two torrents.

>cucked faggot
I know, living in a Caliphate, especially in the Caliphate district sucks.

High quality german slaves, would definitely occupy again.

>former gf
She is no doubt getting the ficki ficki from achmed

streaming is legal, providing a torrent/download is not. Download should be fine too if you "didnt know the site is illegal" because its not german

>Germany cucked by hitler who scrapped weapons that would have won them the war, failed invasion of soviets, and later losing his sanity and doing stuff like sending men to where the enemy didn't exist.
>Cucked further with merkel who wants to fully convert germany to Islam.
Tis the life of a german, always getting cucked

Private trackers

buahahaha
i can't imagine my life without torrents
i wouldn't be able to learn programming, as all books/vidya that I used was dl from russian trackers
if my country ever becomes like Cuckmany, I'd move to Venezuela or some other 3rd world place.

You are just getting scammed. Read up on "Abmahnanwälte + torrents". And please don't be such a pussy.

Check this out:
golem.de/news/europaeischer-gerichtshof-streaming-aus-illegalen-quellen-ist-rechtswidrig-1704-127504.html

>I already got fined 2000€ for torrenting last year
what ? frenchman here, never heard of this policy in germany

It's not a policy, it's crook lawyers trying to blackmail clueless people.

Alright shitters listen up, here's how "getting sued for downloading" works in Germany:

First, you don't actually get sued, you're being threatened with a lawsuit, and given a "settlement offer". Second, it's not for the downloading part but for uploading, which they argue you automatically do when using torrents.

You HAVE to reply to them or else you're open for a real lawsuit. The reply is basically OK I READ YOUR SHIT I WON'T DO IT OK BYE. Nothing else - don't argue or even mention the alleged upload you already did. However paying them is pretty stupid, since it's way too much effort for them to go through with their threat. Easier to spend time threatening thousands of more people and just rake cash in from the frightened and gullible.

Euros always brag about having better laws than USA, but this is fucking retarded

really? here in austria nobody cares kek

Well you ARE pretty much Balkan scum.

>Euros always brag about having better laws than USA
no
it's your carceral population that's ridiculous

This desu

You dont use a shit tier VPN like PIA

austrians are the better germans.

recommendations?

>live in eastern european country
>nobody gives a fuck about torrents
How long before this changes?

Here in the Netherlands the anti-piracy organisation has never chased normal people.

They only go after piracy websites and occasionally scene kids who crack and upload things.

I dont think a normal downloader has ever been chased.

Its also illegal for ISP's in the Netherlands to check or log what you are doing.

I know it's breaking the first rule, but have you considered using an encrypted connection to a Usenet server?

>encryption is illegal

How many muslims you rekon your former gf has fucked by now?

>I already got fined 2000€ for torrenting last yea
is this a meme

Why is Germany the only country that respects law and order when it comes to intellectual property?

Happened to a friend of mine. He paid 600€ for a lawyer to sort it out.

He is retarded.

wtf; is encryption really illegal in Germany??? That would be some crazy ridiculous shit if true.

This poster referred to the 1st rule of Sup Forums, not Germany.

I recall using a dedicated torrent proxy (not a vpn) back in 2006. It was called furk.net.
Since its them and their servers who do the actual torrenting and they are in buttfuck Ukraine, never ever had problems.
Plust they got like 10TB of cache, so if you download a popular torrent it will be much, much faster.
Costs areound 10 bucks a month.

One of:

1. Move to another country
2. Stop torrenting
3. VPN that's not in Germany

Move to literally anywhere else in Europe.

This. Used to be a PIA user back to the days I did some carding and DW shit

Where are you from then?
If you're a burger I'll laugh my ass off.

Not German nor OP, but you would have done the same.
Being afraid of losing money or lifetime in jail isn't enough to make you a cuck. If you don't fear it you'll get caught. w/e, the worst you did was probably arguing with your mom at the age of 16

> Living in Germany

Yes. Buy a place in Hungary or Poland and get the fuck out while you still can.

where did you get that from retard?

i fucking hate sandpeople

dumb frogposter

VPN
Get two large hard drives
Back up everything on one and bury it
Or just be a cuck and pay for movies and shows

>Rent offshore VPS
>Manage torrents through web UI
>automate job to pull completed downloads from server to local storage through SFTP

If you live in Germany, you can most likely afford some VPS with a few hundred GBs of storage.