Only for the low low price of $600

More victims for /csg/.

Top fucking kek, I saw this coming from a mile away

Holy kek

I cant wait for the raging autists who bought this to ask for their money back

I saw this coming, i have to say

>the battery discharged from 100% to 6% in a little over 4 hours

Somewhat deceptive comment

Is there anything like this in 10-12 inches?

>fashionable whores laughing.jpg

It's like they missed 10 years of Smartphones.

Apple MacBook™

What exactly are you crying about? This means that retards are $500 poorer.

Why would people even buy this? Both the screen and keyboard are too small for doing anything productive. Also, what's up with the crazy keyboard layout? Who exactly is their target audience here?

>loonix fags

How? Even 7'' Windows tablets can last 5 hours. They put sand in that giant base or What?

This was with a YouTube video playing a two more tabs loading a new webpage every 5 seconds.
Who watched YouTube videos and loads a new webpage every 2.5 seconds?
He did another test where it was a YouTube video and one page loading a new page every 5 seconds and he got 6 hours.
I can only imagine real world usage where you spend a couple of minutes average on a page would easily net you 8 hours plus.

This is what I use for my VNC and SSH client and maybe watching some videos and light scripting.

tl;dr retards who don't know what to do with the hardware acting like retards

Could be, but the chinks said 12 hours.

They can suck my cock

Doesn't every manufacturer lie about their battery life?
They all do their tests with the screen on lowest brightness and nothing running.

what if it was just the keyboard, no display

slightly larger but you make the kb foldable so in the end it's more compact

you'd have an hdmi port to hook up to any display, or cast the picture on a smart display or a phone. there's displays everywhere, it's the kb that is the hook

maybe a small rotatable projector attached to it for when everything else fails

Except the keyboard is the worst part about it and the entire appeal is being able to keep a computer on you at all times and being able to whip it out while on a subway or plane or coffee shop where displays aren't available.

>they said the battery lasts 12 hours but it's only 4 hours
The article says 6 hours
>shitty performance
It's pretty good for the size

Who gave you money to shill?

t. Retard that got scammed

I don't understand the supposed benefit of the GPD Pocket over carrying a nice fat Android like a Nexus 6P and a keyboard. The money spend developing the GPD could have been used to develop a slick, brushed aluminum battery pack keyboard that fit on an existing smartphone.

The kickstarter page was full of spelling/grammar errors. All the pictures are shitty renders. There's no official website of any kind. The only listing the thing has is on Gearbest.

I don't know how anyone could support this.

Hey, at least it is slim and easily pocketable
Lol no this is a bulky piece of shit

>pro-tip: hit them exactly in the center to guarantee a keypress

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ThinkPad X220

Get an IPS model

>Doesn't every manufacturer lie about their battery life?
>They all do their tests with the screen on lowest brightness and nothing running.

pic related is the macbook air mentioned on their indiegogo page that's supposed to have the same battery life.

kys chink shill.

That's worse than my retinal MacBook Pro. I can go ten hours easily when I fly zurich to lax.

Sup Forums losers are their target. You know, the IT support guy at some insurance company or hospital. they want to buy something that lets them fit in with programmers and network admins but instead this is just another scam that they were taken advantage of with.

>Passmark performance test: 804.5

thats worse than a thinkpad T60

Buying closed source chick shit umpc instead of the open source, German quality pyra that is future proofed with upgradable components

Fucking rofl

There must be a binary blob or two in there somewhere.

Is it a modern laptop that fits in your pocket? Yes. Does the release version support a 12 hour battery life? We don't know. The reviewer had a beta model, and did his own windows install.

So where's the lie you're talking about?

>people thinking a mobile computer was meant to perform beyond what it does.

holy fuck there's idiots among us.

>hurr it will be better than the switch dont buy one get this instead

HA! Now i just neex to find a switch in stock

>buying an ugly piece of crap with an unusable cell phone grade keyboard.

i can buy a sliding phone on ebay for $20 same experience

>posts a review that was very positive
>makes his own story up

don't ever change Sup Forums

>shit battery
>very positive review

Isn't that like thinkpad 420 levels?

chink shill pls

>600 dollars for a machine slower and less practical than a phone

ayyy

yes, yet they say it's actually MacbookAir levels.

>The reviewer had a beta model
they should start shipping it in June, you think they will redesign it in 30 days to fit more chinkshit cells?

>ARM

>4 hour battery is the only line he read

christ you're a mongoloid, consider suicide please.

>4 hours vs 12 is ""very positive""
lmao

Fuck this device, fuck GPD

I hope they go bankrupt. All their products are flimsy, unreliable and shit in general

Graphics driver is a blob which is disappointing.
The LTE baseband is isolated from the device memory though so that's a plus.

The chinks were demonstrating the "capabilities" of the device by running CS 1.6, a game that is literally 16 years old.

They knew nothing else runs with fluid FPS

Whoever bought this shit deserves the shitty product they will receive

youtube.com/watch?v=oki1nSoLP6s

JESUS CHRIST THAT KEYBOARD LAYOUT

>$600
>for a fucking atom
>with an emmc
>battery life 4 hours
>2017

I honestly dont feel bad about the people who got ripped off

You didn't really read much, did you. Install a vanilla windows or Linux on any "long battery life" laptop, without tweaking and hunting down vendor firmware and special drivers, and you get shit battery performance. Goes for everything, including the Macbook Air. Hell, without a huge amount of tweaking, my air at work got roughly half the battery life under Ubuntu as it did in OSX. With tweaking, it barely got 70% of what it did under OSX.

>they said the battery lasts 12 hours
No
>shitty performance
Where's the lie? It has the exact same specs as the GPD Win but with more RAM. They did not make any specific claims to my knowledge.

>pic related is the macbook air mentioned on their indiegogo page that's supposed to have the same battery life.
Holy shit, you're retarded. The 4 hour figure was under heavy load, if you actually compare the two, the GPD Pocket is going to win.

Id pay a hefty premium for something this size that actually lives up to the hype. Or even a sony p series refresh.

Its the perfect backpacking/hiking form factor.

they did actually

I can't believe people are still shilling this product.

>when you don't even like the pocket but the retarded phone babies in these threads always compel you to defend it
I just want a second coming of pic related with a real operating system, good bundled productivity/PIM suite, storage expansion and wireless connectivity that averages a month on AAs

>I just want a second coming of pic related with a real operating system, good bundled productivity/PIM suite, storage expansion and wireless connectivity that averages a month on AAs
That's basically what this is, especially if you install linux, aside from expecting it to use AAs obviously

>tfw still have one
Does anyone have an idea where to get a windows ce 2.0 rom card?

>people paid $600 for a small netbook

Why? Why did they do this?

12 hours isn't really long enough and the low-power component is a pretty significant part of the appeal, I want something tiny, lightweight and durable as shit that I'll never need an AC adapter for as long as there's a dollar store within reach that I can pick up right out of the drawer in 25 years and use immediately if I so please, or even charge/run off of solar power
wish I could tell you, currently I run a 95LX, the 320 seems really appealing though since it has pocket office on top of the usual PIM shit

because they like it and it brings them happiness, why do so many people on Sup Forums pay thousands of dollars for a big power sucking piece of shit desktop just to play time-wasting video games?

You answered your own question there. Gaming is a common and mainstream thing. Paying $600 for a netbook isn't. They didn't even execute the trackpoint properly and they deliberately made it look like a small MacBook. They wasted space by giving it a dumb hinge placement, the type that goes around back and under instead of top mounting hinges, moving the display assembly down and being able to have enough space to keep the same aspect ratio but also have a webcam. It doesn't need to be as bulky as it is at all. I'd expect that price tag of something that had to have heavy R&D or high manufacture costs, this likely has neither.

This is something made by some chinks in a shed.

Well I bought it for cheap a week ago and I'm planning to use it as a serial console. So far I've managed to communicate with it over serial with handheld explorer but I can't change the baud rate from 19200 for some reason. How's the 95lx?

>Gaming is a common and mainstream thing.
so are things like gambling, alcohol abuse and smoking but doesn't make them any less wasteful and socially unacceptable when viewed through a rational lens

don't really like the pocket, by the way, my point is that it's just funny when people ask such questions on a board that basically exists to celebrate sheepish, wasteful consumerism (it's okay when the rest of the flock is also doing it, I guess)

people will buy what they like, and if they don't, shit happens, $600 is nothing in 2017 unless you're some piece of shit high school dropout, and there are lots of people out there that would probably call your interests and hobbies a bunch of frivolous plebeian garbage as well

the 95LX is pretty cool since it's mostly PC-compatible but the built-in editor sucks shit, some day I'll get around to buying a serial cable to put some better software on it