/sqt/ - Stupid questions thread

new sqt

Post your simple/stupid questions here rather than making a whole thread for problems that can be answered with 1 post.

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/322384475558
ebay.com/itm/311646677016
pastebin.com/pBUvxqu9
pastebin.com/AbMtiEvE
amazon.com/JacobsParts-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-Electronics/dp/B012UV3QI4
community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Has-my-TT-HG633-been-hacked/td-p/1748677
pastebin.com/6mRdndbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what cable do i need?
Monitor LCD 21.5 BenQ GW2270
ASUS Expedition GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB GDDR5, 128-bit

>answered with 1 post
That's optimistic.

DVI

DVI-D or DVI-DA cable

So if that 3.1A wall charger were just a volt higher, it could have worked?

About the cable, earlier I found this:
ebay.com/itm/322384475558

It says 5V 9V in the title, though the specs don't say anything about voltage so I wasn't sure it would make any difference, besides I would need an additional adapter to convert the female usb to male too.
Still, if it could work better with this cable instead of the other one, I can always try searching a cheap female to male adapter for it.

I can't connect to my server running mpd using MPDroid. These are the iptables rules I have:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8000 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 8000 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6600 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 6600 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
What am I missing?

I know you shouldn't use Tor for torrenting because apparently your original IP is still included in the packet but could someone explain why the same isn't the case when using a VPN?

How do I convert a .tir file to a mp3?

.tir files are what the android tunein app saves recordings as.

Hello, i have install my tor website but i have the same page on my IP Server (Basic connexion on navigator on the ip address ipv4) and my onion address on tor how i can disabeled access on IPV4 ?

Note : Sorry for my bad english

>your original IP is still included in the packet
That's not true, tor is not recommended because the relays automatically block torrent- traffic since the people running them don't want the network to get saturated with people downloading torrents. Check Tribler.

help

doesn't happen on second monitor which is vertically oriented, I'm using native resolution on both and no scaling

The cable itself shouldn't care about voltage. Something that short would stand a decent chance of carrying over all the amps it's given, but an additional adapter might introduce resistance and keep some of them from getting across.

What 3.1A chager? Saying it would have worked if it was only a volt higher is like asking how hard can it be to find a clock with 13 on it, since there are so many with 12. USB output is almost always 5v.

I used Isopropyl wipes to clean down my keyboard and mouse, yet somehow they feel much stickier now, what should I use to clean them to get rid of the sticky feeling on both?

>60098912
Sorry, I had to go afk for a bit. These are the only connections showing from netstat.

I fucked it

run it with a -n `netstat -n` so we see the IP's instead of the FQDN's for those hosts.

I found this:
ebay.com/itm/311646677016

Although it supports 6V, it's only 600mA.
For some reason, the higher the voltage the lower the amperage, how comes? it's hard to find something with at least 6V and 3A at the same time.

Oh ah, sorry mate. No direct connections to 78 or 79 it looks like.

are shrutes beets organic?

(cont)
>12 Volt 4 Amp
Maybe I should just find an adapter for this, I wish they'd make them with female jack.

hmmmm, is your router creating duplicate packets on accident? maybe that ping from the 78,79 is being NAT'd via 1.1 but both are still arriving for some reason. not sure if your router has an interface or shell on it

Can someone explain this contradiction?
:~# service qbittorrent start
Job for qbittorrent.service failed. See 'systemctl status qbittorrent.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
:~# ps aux | grep qbittorrent
qbtuser 4501 0.2 0.1 393580 13784 ? Sl 19:52 0:00 /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox --webui-port=8282
root 4508 0.0 0.0 12728 2116 pts/0 S+ 19:53 0:00 grep qbittorrent
:~# service qbittorrent status
● qbittorrent.service - LSB: Starts QBittorrent
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/qbittorrent)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-04-27 19:52:59 CEST; 16s ago
Process: 4495 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/qbittorrent start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Apr 27 19:52:59 hostname systemd[1]: qbittorrent.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Apr 27 19:52:59 hostname systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts QBittorrent.
Apr 27 19:52:59 hostname systemd[1]: Unit qbittorrent.service entered failed state.

Here's the init script:
pastebin.com/pBUvxqu9

Ignore the difference between the arg in the script and output of ps, I changed it.

It does indeed, whereabouts do you want me to go? Pic related is how I found out something was up in the first place.

>the higher the voltage the lower the amperage, how comes?

Because it's more expensive to make something that outputs more power. Volts x apms = Watts, or total power output.

try to stop it, kill the process if it is still there and start it with
/etc/init.d/qbittorrent start
rather than using memed.

Does this look like the type of guy who would use fancy chemicals?

Anyone know a Latex template for a good cover page for a essay/thesis? But not a bachelor thesis or masters thesis. Simply an essay for a seminar. They don't provide a template, so i can design one myself (which i am bad at designing) or find one.
It needs my name, university (the seminar is by two cooperating universities), major, matriculation number, semester, and the title of the essay

Is chloroform fancy?

I'm pretty sure I don't have systemd. Here's the result.
:~# /etc/init.d/qbittorrent start
[....] Starting qbittorrent (via systemctl): qbittorrent.serviceJob for qbittorrent.service failed. See 'systemctl status qbittorrent.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
failed!
:~# systemctl status qbittorrent
● qbittorrent.service - LSB: Starts QBittorrent
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/qbittorrent)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-04-27 20:06:05 CEST; 5s ago
Process: 4619 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/qbittorrent start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Apr 27 20:06:05 hostname systemd[1]: qbittorrent.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Apr 27 20:06:05 hostname systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts QBittorrent.
Apr 27 20:06:05 hostname systemd[1]: Unit qbittorrent.service entered failed state.
:~# ps aux | grep qbittorrent
qbtuser 4581 0.0 0.1 393580 13792 ? Sl 20:05 0:00 /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox --webui-port=8282

wilkmmen möse

So apparently möse is German for cunt. I'm guessing the character is named after the biblical "Moses"

>I'm pretty sure I don't have systemd
I might be wrong. Whatever the Debian 8.7 jessie has I have.

Moses avatar in second second life is also a beet farmer

I'll try getting 2x of these: and the 4.0x1.7 version of this: (just found) and I'll connect them with a M-M USB 2.0 cable like pic. It's kinda a clusterfuck but it should work in theory, if I'm getting it right.

Jessie does have systemd

Yeah you lost me there, but good luck

is there any page that shows details about those errors, or a page that lists the route tables or NAT/PAT rules for the firewall? or is there like a 'applications/services' page that has some info that includes routes and protocols? those were all pings so i think you'd be looking for ICMP traffic specifically

I want to learn C.
Is this a good book to read first? Or is it more of a reference for seasoned programmers?

I'm trying to control a rover with two microphones, to drive to a sound source using two microphones. The two microphones produce square pulses. and I have to do it in verilog.

So far I'm just looking for a posedge of either one of the mics, and after a delay I'm looking at the states of the mics. If they're both on i go straight, and then turn if one of the mics is on and the other one is off.

Is there a better way to do this?

Do you know how to program?
If so, that book is great to learn C.
If not, that book does not really teach programming, it teaches the syntax of the C language.

So the question is, do you want to learn programming, or do you want to learn the programming language C?

Is there anything that would cause Firefox on android to open up random webpages that I've visited in the past?

What font should I use on my Android?
I'm on substratum, so no Crapsung shitty fonts please

This makes total sense.
Thank you for answering my stupid question.

Nah, that's only what it shows regarding packet information. I've heard the router has hidden pages, but information is scarce to say the least regarding them. Not to say one exists that shows any more information that it does anyway, it's pretty barebones as far as router interfaces go.

In terms of information it can offer you, pic related is it. I can go through and make an imgur of every page, but I think this is as relevent as it will ever get.

Do I need to reset my bios to default when flashing new one? apparently my current one is not default and there is update available

It's good. The lessons and workable problems are good for beginners

I never have to , to be honest

this is helpful, so it a bunch of those pings in wireshark are from your gateway, but on it's LAN _and_ WAN addresses... that sorta looks like hairpin routing to me. What are those dynamic routes you have there? one is called br0 if we are bridging something wrong that'll cause problems.

asking once again:
i have a tarball divided into parts with extensions aa, ab, ac, ad...
what program would join these back into one file?

kek how about this?

This is what the drop down shows and the one above it has two settings, 'Active' and 'Passive'. Thanks again for your help btw.

Internet_VDSL and Internet_ADSL have exactly the same settings.

>c-soned
ftfy

So, i created backup with a program, this time it's was Bulk Crap Uninstaller, so i want to restore to this backup, but i don't know how - because windows only lists restore points system maid itself, not any applications.

12v ≠ 6v

do me a favor and delete that ICMP rule from your ACL and then after you've done that bring up the wireshark again and run it for a tad

It is necessary to have a anti virus program on linux?

Shouldn't it work the same as long as the AC adapter is > than what the device requires? (6V)

If the device is capable of handling double voltage without shutting down or blowing up, sure.

No, you're thinking of amps. Volts have to be identical.

The device's specs say 6-32V.
I imagine it should be able to withstand that much if 6V is the minimum requirement.

that's pretty fucking hard to find but still, if the specs say 6-32V how do you even go about finding an AC adapter with the "same" voltage? it's a range.

I'd wager good money you're reading that wrong.

Are there any functions that can only be computed recursively?

I don't know if any that can *only* be solved by recursion but I can think of some that would be much more straight forward with recursion, such as traversing a tree of some sort.

I really don't know if there's even a way to read it wrong:

>Power: ≤3W
>Power supply: DC 6V-32V
>Operating voltage: DC 6V-32V

So it should run off of anything from 6v 0.5a to 32v 0.1a

Got a pic?

This.

Is that possible?

The back.

Its designed to work in a car so it probably works best off of 12v even if the operating range is 6-32

Holy fuck I think I just realized something, there's a whole new issue now.. the damn composit cables and that bulky red one, looks like the power plug goes into that one and the cable is actually naked on the other end, I've no idea how to deal with that.

I strongly suspect you're going to want to place the whole thing lovingly into the trash and buy something else.

Hello, what is the quickest method to read an image ?
I want to be able to recognize a pattern inside an image (example : a white square somwhere)
JS/PHP/Python

Same thing, seemingly. pastebin.com/AbMtiEvE

You would use that to wire it directly to a 12v supply or you could use one of these amazon.com/JacobsParts-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-Electronics/dp/B012UV3QI4

I've seen some similar screens on ebay for a bit higher price that come with complete ac adapter for wall socket, if I really can't get it to work then yeah I'll just get one of those.

Looks like I need to start lurking /diy/ more often, I still don't know how to mod cables, but I'll try.

>As of the November 2016 release, Raspbian has the SSH server disabled by default
Fucking why? Is this just some idiot-proofing for retards, or is there something I'm missing? Goddamnit now I have to dig out a keyboard and a monitor.

Wire cutter/stripper, soldering iron, solder, and some heat shrink tubing and you're pretty much set.

I recently bought a new hard drive. The problem with it is that every few minutes it seems to be restarting (data reads/writes stop while it makes a spin up sound like during boot).
S.M.A.R.T self tests don't even finish. A soon as it happens during a test it aborts mentioning a "host reset". The other values look fine though.

What can I do? Is the hard drive bad?

Probably too many retards connecting it to the internet without changing the default login

what is this: 216.58.201.35 there are pings trying to go out to that from 1.3

google.co.uk ip I got from PingPlotter. What I've been doing is running WireShark and running tracert to it. Did I do a bad thing?

I just figured out how to make it out. Turns out systemd is superior and I should have just made a systemd service script instead. Works perfectly.

Praise Pottering!

>Goddamnit now I have to dig out a keyboard and a monitor.
lmao @ ur life brul

here's the thing:
1. connect a card reader to your PC, insert your raspi SD card
2. mount your root partition on the SD card (sell your raspi if you use windows)
3. go to /etc/rc2.d
4. create a symlink to sshd (you need to be root of course):
ln -s ../init.d/ssh S02ssh
OPTIONAL: edit /etc/ssh/sshd.conf for your liking
5. umount your sd card, put it in your raspi and boot it. sshd should be started and after boot you should be able to log in

NOTE: this is a sysvinit method which should be still supported in the pötteringd version shipped with debian stable.

>What I've been doing is running WireShark and running tracert to it.

Meant to say I've been running WireShark and then running a tracert to that ip to show how the packets fuck up. Do you want me to just run WireShark solo for a little bit? If so, it comes up with a shitton of this.

Why exactly are coding bootcamps a meme? Just curious.

aaaahhhh ok that sorta makes sense lol, I thought something had a consistent ping going to that addr for some reason. Is that huawei a TV or something?

Router is a Huawei HG633, the Netgear thing is my wiresless adapter I assume.

>Why exactly are coding bootcamps a meme?
Pay me $20,000 and I'll teach you how to program in 2 months.

Or just pick up a book and do it yourself.

I was just on TalkTalks forums and it looks like there is somewhere you can get logs of what is happening on the router. i'm not sure what page it is but i'm referring to this:

community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Has-my-TT-HG633-been-hacked/td-p/1748677

(i don't think you're 'hacked') but those logs might tell us what is up

I wish to access the router my server is connected to, but this doesn't appear to work:
sudo ssh -L 80:127.0.0.1:80 -L 443:127.0.0.1:443 -i /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa_server [email protected] -g

Was thinking I could just bind the http port and simply enter 192.168.0.1 into the browser. Checking my IP on Google it seems it didn't change.

Is binding ports through ssh the wrong approach?

pastebin.com/6mRdndbg Yeah there is, they don't go back too far and they're not very informative I'm afraid. Well, they may be to you, sorry for not thinking about them myself.

>pastebin.com/6mRdndbg
hmmmm, a few things that stick out:

lots of these:
20:42:02 27/04/2017 Security Warning Intrusion -> SRC=182.184.75.218 DST=79.68.127.16 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=44 ID=40102 PROTO=TCP SPT=4878 DPT=23 WINDOW=280

also your wireless seems to go in and out? (things disconnecting and reconnecting) is that you restarting the wifi?

also some of those lines seem to imply that all that ARP traffic is being messed with potentially because the router thinks it's an attack

How to I run a stand alone windows program in linux?

wine won't load it, I already tried that

Try using virtualbox with "seamless mode".

But lots of compilers derecurse algorithms behind the scenes, or people do it by hand to make it faster. I'm just wondering whether there are any algorithms where recursion is absolutely mandatory, ie no iterative algorithm exists

There's always a way to make a recursive algorithm iterative, you just might have to implement the stack frame yourself.