Direct Democracy

Lets imagine your country would follow Switzerland steps into Direct Democracy where the population has the main voice in national decision making.

What would happen to your respective country based on their population mindset?

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy?

Shitty movie

>In 2005, average in every way private Joe Bowers (Luke Wilson) is selected to take part in a secret military experiment to put him in hibernation for a year along with a woman named Rita (Maya Rudolph). The slumbering duo is forgotten when the base they are stored on is closed down and are left in stasis until 2505. When they finally wake up, they discover the average intelligence of humans has decreased so much that Joe is now the smartest man in the world.

What does it have to do with Direct Democracy?

democratic victory in the elections

direct democracy is the only democracy

"No"

We would default because people would lower taxes and expand services.

All checks and balances would be overturned and there would be a mob rule. Populist majoritarianism.

the average American is too dumb for their own good

>What would happen to your respective country based on their population mindset?

shitskins btfo

We would actually be far less cucked.

People don't agree with Trudeau on many of his policies. People just like him from a personal standpoint because memes

If we could vote on everything a lot of SJW cuck shit he proposes wouldn't fly at all.

"yes".

do you know what a direct democracy is?

Democracy is inherently flawed.

It's basically mob-rule, and given that the average person is uneducated and overall illogical, it's a VERY bad idea.

Look at how retarded the average person is - In the US for example 60% of Adults are overweight, and half of that are Obese. Do you really want to trust people like this(just one example) to make decisions that affect others' lives?

>implying the Dems would maintain a majority once all of the shitskins are deported

Well, you have to crash and burn at least once to learn from your mistakes.
If the average American is THAT retarded, then this would actually solve a lot of problems after having a huge one.

stupid people being stupid is a bad meme

in a dd the choices would all be logical

and there will be very little support for extreme choices

no matter how much you hate stupid people on average most people can think about the future

Wouldn't work, there's no democratic culture.
People either don't vote or vote for who their told.
So it's either be a tyranny of the ones that do vote or by the ones who gift sandwiches.

>Well, you have to crash and burn at least once to learn from your mistakes.
>If the average American is THAT retarded, then this would actually solve a lot of problems after having a huge one.

Dude.

People are voting for people for literally the most random shit, not even legitimate reasons.

Hillary:

>SHE'S A WOMAN, WE NEED A WOMAN PRESIDENT RIGHT BOUT NOW

Obama:

>HE'S DA FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, OF COURSE I'M GONNA VOTE FOR HIM MANE

Trump:

>YEA FUK DA MEXICANS, BUILD A WALL MAGA MAGA MAGA

Bernie sanders:

>FREE THINGS, FORGIVE MY DEBT, MAKE EVERYTHING FREE. FUCK ECONOMICS!

JUSTin Trudeau;

>WEEEEED, LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS, OMG XDDDD CUTEST PRIME MINISTER XDDDD
Point is, average person is dumb as fuck, they don't know WHAT they're voting for now, I can't imagine letting these mumbling retards make ACTUAL decisions that will DIRECTLY change the outcome of the country.

You can't deny that it wouldn't be fun watching american citizens living in a DD.

What we need is direct democracy that grants eligibility to vote to people who take a political, and economics exam.

That way, stupid people aren't voting.

Now this i agree with.

For a long time I've been saying that people AT THE VERY LEAST need to be able to complete a simple Political, Social and Economic exams at the voting polls.

Again, a SIMPLE one. Answering very simple questions such as how economics work, how a bill turns into a law shit like that, how American government actually functions, etc.

But then that's racist because 95% of African-Americans would not be able to vote and most White Americans either - ESPECIALLY the poor.

Maybe if I withdraw out of the US market, bought a spaceship and watche it all from mars.

>But then that's racist because 95% of African-Americans would not be able to vote and most White Americans either - ESPECIALLY the poor.

Most AfAms make smarter voting decisions than whites. I mean, 65% of whites currently want to vote for an orange man because he's good at shouting things in a rude way. Obama, Clinton, and whichever president that has gotten the black vote has at least been intelligent, articulate, and competent even if you disagree with what they did

>Most AfAms make smarter voting decisions than whites

Nah man I've seen the videos of them being unable to defend voting for obama in any way besides "Look man he black, i'm black, dats why ima vote for him"

And given how uneducated black people are and how they think actually paying attention in school is for "Uncle toms and crack ass bitch honkies" I don't think any of them would be able to answer A SINGLE question about the US government or anything related to social/fiscal policy for that matter.

Chaos, death and Schnitzel

Wasn't Austria actually changing to DD?
Or was in Luxemburg or even Lichtenstein?

Read something about it a year ago.

>Lets imagine your country would follow Switzerland steps into Direct Democracy
omg this is my wet dream, i really really wish we had that
>What would happen to your respective country based on their population mindset?
coup d'etat from some landowner military druglord bastard :¬((

this

>in a DD the choices would all be logical
it has nothing to do
DD means two things:
- massive decentralization of power (because every citizen has a saying) which means that every little thing is decided first by neighborhood, then by county, then by state, and only then by government
- everyone has the right and the OBLIGATION to decide on those little things. no laziness: or you vote or gtfo you non-citizen
so that last one, if people is supposedly too lazy, they might vote for some delegate/dictator that does all the work they don't want to. and thus direct democracy goes back to indirect """"representative""""" one. so yeah the people has to be ready like in Swissland otherwise it's a failure

A semi-Direct Democracy where your vote counts more in proportion to your income, up to a ceilling, and twice if you're the patriarch of the family.

But a true direct democracy is impossible, I do not want to spend every waking moment voting in polls and worrying about politics.

>Nah man I've seen the videos of them being unable to defend voting for obama in any way besides "Look man he black, i'm black, dats why ima vote for him"

Why didn't they vote for Ben Carson then? Or any other black candidate?

>And given how uneducated black people are and how they think actually paying attention in school is for "Uncle toms and crack ass bitch honkies" I don't think any of them would be able to answer A SINGLE question about the US government or anything related to social/fiscal policy for that matter.

I live in Baltimore and went to a 90% black high school growing up and I've never actually seen this happen despite all the memes I've heard. I literally know more black people who know anything than politics than whites - tell you what, come here to Baltimore and then go to bumfuck West Viriginia and tell me which people know more about government and politics. I don't think you know what you are talking about Canada

Cuck or b8
Muzzies get kicked the fuck out

>ben carson
not a democrat

Ben Carson is an "Uncle Tom"

You'll never get rid of us, Cletus. We are too entrenched. Looking forward to a bright manana.

explain

I'm not him but they didn't vote for ben carson because the average black is democrat and doesn't follow the primaries. If Ben got the nomination he would definitely carry the black vote. The thing is black people barely vote and only really pay attention to presidental elections, which is why they piled onto Obama when he got the nomination

Fully execution of commies, favelados and probably a military coup.

the average american is already very ignorant when it comes to politics/economics/foreign affairs

50% of the population is below average

the 50%-75% intelligence bracket isn't much better

basically a solid 75% of our population would be making irrational and uninformed decisions

it would be really terrible tbqh

>explain

Black people refer to other black people as "uncle tom"s whenever they try to become educated and actually improve their condition instead of yelling "fuck whitey and da police" or refuse to use ebonics and such

>If Ben got the nomination he would definitely carry the black vote. The thing is black people barely vote and only really pay attention to presidental elections, which is why they piled onto Obama when he got the nomination

lol how many black people do you know? maybe its because he lived in my city but literally everybody knows who ben carson is, they knew before the primaries even started. they just disagree with him.

>Black people refer to other black people as "uncle tom"s whenever they try to become educated and actually improve their condition instead of yelling "fuck whitey and da police" or refuse to use ebonics and such

Or maybe people aren't so stupid to vote for someone who thinks the pyramids were used to store grain? Just a thought...

>not a democrat

so? Leafy never said that was a qualifier.