/urban/ + /architecture/

Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

Continuation from >

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sFBMIra45lU
youtu.be/bmdmx-ZcVvE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One bump before bed.

Where's this?

post stuff that blends wood with more modern materials really well

It's part of the American wing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art iirc.

sevilla

>a fucking waifer
Seriously though, what is that and what is it used for?

It cover a plaza from the sun and rain (less) but since most americans (like Germans) are not related to the concept you may not understand.

looks like moscow

>ingen polakkfaenskap
Takk gud så godt.
t. nordmannautist 2

Brooklyn does have a lot of Russians.

I wanna visit New York one day but I feel like I'll be let down. I just imagine it'll be incredibly overpriced and there'll be so many people that I won't actually meet anyone/make any lasting connections. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

It can be pretty expensive in Manhattan, but there are plenty of cheaper places in the other boroughs. The outer boroughs are also where you'd see less people and have a better chance of meeting people. Central Park is also a good place to meet people in my experiences, met some nice brits there and we went for a long walk.

Thanks for comforting me

If you ever do visit try some Shake Shack. Best burgers I've ever had, but they can be a little on the expensive side and the lines can be long. If you have a preference for how you like the patty cooked you can tell them.

You yanks don't fuck around when it comes to junk food

We're trying to perfect the art of the burger.

Why do all the buildings have fire escapes on the facade? Never seen this anywhere else outside of America.

Thought it was Europe for a second. BA looks interesting.

To escape fires you dingus.

Every other country in the world seems to manage fine without them

>/urban/ actually lives through the night again

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=sFBMIra45lU

They're mostly found on older buildings, likely due to how haphazard NYC started out and was for a good while. Most new apartments don't have them and just have stairwells specifically for fires.

Checked.

Tilt-shift is such a great camera effect.
youtu.be/bmdmx-ZcVvE

Are those new? Looks good

Devil trips, proof that suburbs are hell

Obligatory

Beautiful

I'm not sure, but I would guess they were built in the 2000's.

>poo in the loo
the building looks really good though

I wish we built stuff like that, the new apartments that are shooting up everywhere here are fucking disgusting. No taste, just tacky prefab shit full of feng shui garbage to attract Chinese investors. Makes me sick.

Pls McStraya stop posting shitblocks

You're not the boss of me cunt

This is a safe space

People here really like the stone and brick look so we will probably never stop building these kind of apartments although we do have plenty of modern ones. Pic related was finished last year iirc.

Damn, the level of those facades is very high

Hey, I know that place. Can't remember the street though.

We literally can't have nice things any more. Mainland Chinese have no respect/interest in history and no taste, and that's where the moneys coming from.

The chinese have started to show up more here too, but they don't really build anything they just take over pre existing neighborhoods.