Do you have places in your country where police take you when you are too drunk in public place to sober up...

Do you have places in your country where police take you when you are too drunk in public place to sober up? Im wondering is it just a polish thing (I bet russians have it too). We call it izba wytrzeźwień or wytrzeźwiałka

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kōban
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it's vytrezvitel'.

They'll look you in one of these for at least six hours or something.

im quite sure they got these in every 1st world cunt. that said, we call em drunk tanks here

Yes we do. It's called изтpeзвитeл. We used to have quite a lot of them during gommie years, but they're pretty much on the brink of disappearing these days.

association of bus drivers

never ever heard of them
that sounds pretty retarded

Some time after the collapse of the Soviet Union, we were having this places. But now drunks simply thrown into police station for a several hours.

yes.

If you get taken there, does it count as an arrest?

It depends on where you are but yeah there's usually some place for that. Sometimes it's a police station, for more severe cases where the detoxing might be severe you'll go to a hospital.

I think my local hospital puts people detoxing from alcohol or drugs in the "mental health" part of the emergency room.

We have exactly that. It's called "fuldebrummen" (literally drunk prison/brig).
I've personally been in there once with some m8s, and my family members several times.

When you are drunk and driving you go to a special jail from 6 to 72 hours, it's called "Torito" it's usually clean and they split you by drunkness, but if you are only extremely drunk and causing trouble you go to the civic judge, again is a small cell but it's only while someone goes to pick you up and pays your fine for public disturbance

We call them "drunk tanks". They're just cement rooms, usually empty besides a toilet and a hose.

Police make people clean the space before they leave and they usually monitor them to make sure they don't vomit to death.

I think it depends what you were doing beforehand. Public intoxication might land you fines, but so long as you weren't doing something beforehand I don't think it gives you a record. You'd have to be drunk driving or causing a problem.

It still might show up on a background check, but not a criminal record.

No, it's a classic jail.

No, but you are not allowed to leave until you are sober.

where are drunk and disorderly japanese taken?
I know they certainly exist
are the police just too polite to arrest them?

>drunk and disorderly japanese
Drunk I'd believe but I can't fathom a disorderly nip.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kōban

"cellule de dégrisement" in french

Ausnüchterungszelle.

Translates as "Sobering-Cell."

No belts and other shit you could use to hurt yourself.

No it's pretty common everywhere in Europe I think here they are "céllules de dégrisement" , sobering cells

In America they take you home if you're white but if you're a minority you get stuck in a large cell for the night and hopefully they don't steal your shoes.

bed with belts in poland are only for aggressive clients

>vytrezvitel'
We used to have them in Russia till 2011. But nowadays government wants to make law to reborn this kind of places.

they are closing most of them in poland. you have to pay for spending there a night (some kind of fine) but 90% of people there are homeless so they never gonna pay for it.

>you have to pay for spending there a night
its usually the most expensive hotel in town, kek