Order of the names

Which name is the front of name?
Family name? Name?

徳川-次郎三郎-源-朝臣-家康
(family name)-(nick name)-(tribe name)-(rank)-(personal name)

we usualy uses only (family name)-(personal name)

First name then family names

I have 4 names

My name ibn mother's name ibn grandfathers name

Personal Name > Family Name

I have 8 names

>8 names
wut m8

Family name first

rank(engineer, doctor, master engineer, colonel etc.) - personal name - second personal name(you get it on baptism) - third personal name (you get it on confirmation when you are adult, it must be name of catholic saint) - family name

I have 4 names, because catholic.

My parents couldn't decide what to name me, so I ended up getting one first name, five middle names and both of their last names.

I have to write all of them when filling out legal documents.

rank(engineer, phd, etc) Personal name 2name gets it on baptism(at least in my area) it is usually from the godparent Familyname
if it is a formal occasion or on a list its usually Familyname [if important put rank here], Firstname Secondname(see above); second name might not show on list or in informal occasion it usually only shows on official documents. if you put familyname first a commata seperates familyname and first name since some might have a personal name as familyname or with "new citizens" it might not be clear which is which.

>Personal name > Father's 1st surname > Mother's 1st surname > Father's 2nd surname > Mother's 2nd surname > (...)
It continues. I don't know how nobility titles work in conjunction with surnames, though.
People know each other by their nicknames, then names, and the surnames.
In my case, having a very common name and the most common surname in Spain, people call me by my mother's 1st surname.

forgot to mention that I am from a catholik region. protestants and other catholic regions tend to have diffrent rules for the 2nd name.

Name
Father's surname
Mother's surname

That's pretty common among politicians. Zapatero and Rubalcaba for example.

Given name -> middle name (surname of mother, usually) -> surname (from your father)

Are you the aristocracy?

English first name, then surname, then Chinese first name.

Why is the mother's surname last? I think the portuguese naming custom makes more sense, the father's surname is the most important one so it's our last name.

>Why is the mother's surname last?
It's not really "last", since we legally have a fuck load of surnames. We keep the whole side, it's just that it became to silly.
Just look at the Borbones and how many surnames those cunts have.

Are "herr" and "frau" considered in 'rank'?

>Having more than 2 names
>2016

Do you have English name and Chinese name?

安倍-晋三-総理大臣
family name-personal name-profession