So swiss just voted against basic income of 2200€ for every citizen...

So swiss just voted against basic income of 2200€ for every citizen. Would you vote for basic income if your country runs a referendum?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No because prices of goods and services would adjust to reflect the fact that 2200€ of essentially worthless money is being handed out for fun

No they wouldn't. It just means more socialy equality.But I don't think that country like switzerland really needs a basic income. This should be initiated in a poorer country with somewhat civilized people like slovenia or estonia.

I`d have to look into it more. Isn`t it similar to the idea of a negative income tax? Interestingly Friedman and Hayek both supported that.

That would be good

Swiss Franc is overvalued and it's hurting their exports

We'd be voting if everyone gets 2200 dinars or not

It's interesting that Milton Friedman, father of the Austrian School, also supported basic income

Why should I work to pay taxes to give to someone who just sits on their ass writing sjw poetry?

I think this can only success on global level. Imagine if only a couple of countries had basic income. It would be refugess x 100. But if shitty countries also had basic income far less people would immigrate.

And where would those shitty countries get money to give their over populated shit holes?

well if rich people would stop hoarding money and avoiding taxes it would maybe be doable.

slave labor of course

No. If people didn't want to starve they shouldn't have been born poor

Maybe ECB will try something like that because quantative easing apparently isn't working and eurozone is still in deflation

Money gets to banks, but it somehow doesn't lead to increased spending

how will they deal with deflation

Deflation?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation

I know what is deflation

Could you explain how would basic income lead to that?

they do have deflation problem as far as i know. wouldn't a basic income trigger it more?

I think it would cause inflation. But as I said I don't think that basic income would cause any changes is swiss economy, because they already have high income equality. I think the only reason they rejected this because they are afraid of potential leechers.

>It's interesting that Milton Friedman, father of the Austrian School, also supported basic income
Friedman was a monetarist, not an Austrian. And he didn't support the idea of basic income, he supported a negative income tax. With is a much much more cost effective way to essentially do the same thing.

Fuck that
Everytime I pay taxes I feel like I am funding refugees and art museums in Reykjavík

In what world would basic incomes lead to deflation? Inflationary pressure due to more demand would be more likely

>Friedman was a monetarist, not an Austrian
Shit, you're right

why the fuck would anyone want to give free money to vagabonds? rofl dumb question 2bh

easy mistake to be fair lad. I honestly don't think universal basic incomes are a good idea though man. What does it aim to achieve? To guarantee a minimum standard of living to the poor? To protect against large scale technological unemployment?
I think there are far between ways to remedy against those problems that are far more effect that UBI, especially when you look at how horrifically expensive it would be.

So they can shitpost on Sup Forums more efficiently

i would give money to vagabonds

>Would you vote for basic income if your country runs a referendum?
It depends on how it is supposed to work, how it's financed, etc. I generally think that a modern society has lots of people who cannot contribute anything to it because they lack intellect and skills that are in demand, and with further development in robotics and IT this is only going to get worse. However, I'm not convinced how this is supposed to function if you hand everyone money. Wouldn't that simply devalue it?

Everyone here would vote yes cuz they would quit instantly and they think their life is solved
Any person with a brain would vote no
so yeah we would be fuccd

Refugees in iceland. Like two or something eh?

No, because it has unclear and dangerous effects for an unclear goal that may or may not be really solved by it

Wrong you fucking racist

You are funding refugees and penis musems in reykjavik

I would be okay with this, I wouldn't feel bad for ignoring the homeless when they ask for change or whatever

23 I think

I don't work and don't have anything to put in a curriculum, I have everything to gain from it.
And no. It's fucking retarded.

It's from Húsavík originally I think
And is privately own

ruin the joke then you cunt

I have a job, so: no.

wtf is "a job" hahahha what a tool

No.

Its unethical, regardless of potential economic/life quality benefits.

Anybody supporting this is an unscruplous philistine.

Even if it wouldn't affect inflation etc in any way I'd still vote no
all the neets on this website deserve to starve

just burn them imo

>No they wouldn't. It just means more socialy equality.

If you actually believe this you know absolutely nothing about real economics.

It wasn't funny to begin with

It is to me

Sook the hair off my bawbag ya fucking fruitloop

>It just means more social equality.
No you stupid fuck, it grabs the number line by the number 2200 and moves it closer to 0 in value.

I honestly don't know. On one hand it'd be an interesting experiment, on the other one it could go very, very wrong.

This is one way in which it could fail - inflation could wipe the income away, especially if the people with universal income would simply stop going to work.
Another problem would arise if this income was inflation adjusted, which would make inflation spiral like a motherfucker.

In any case, Switzerland is probably one of few places where this could work, and for the same reason that the Swiss rejected it - they're just too responsible.

How? Rich people don't live in shitty countries. No one in the world that has money is gonna want to give it away so ugadunge of Nigeria can buy a new hat

They're already slave labor. How is a country like India that's over populated and basically slaves gonna afford to pay everyone?

OP this plan is stupid and has literally no way of working without making every person who isn't a poor 3rd world fag pay for Jamal, Juanita, Chang and Muhammad to have 50 kids and not do shit.

>Anybody supporting this is an unscruplous philistine.
this to be fair. I genuinely am confused where the idea is getting so much interest and support from? Is it all just moronic green parties? Looking at the details/reality for a few minutes are it's obvious nonsense

Well then ungadunga from Nigeria is gonna come to Europe and shit on your country. Wouldn't it just be better if europeans made their rich people give some cash to ungadunga so he actually stays in Nigeria instead of coming to Europe?

It's coming from the same morons who push negative interest rates and Q.E.

AKA former Goldman Sachs central bankers

>more artists and musicians
>more people who actually care about their job
I'm ok with that.